“Great Location and Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Taipei

You added The Westin Taipei to your Saves list
The Westin Taipei
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.133 Section 3, Nanking East Road, Taipei 104, Taiwan   |
Ranked #77 of 446 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore
“Great Location and Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and like the location of the hotel. It is only 1 train stop away from SOGO department store and within walking distance to a local night market. This area is less congested than those in the Taipei 101 region. Its quiet and safe. The hotel upholds its Westin spacious guest rooms. Only 1 point to note, the breakfast spread is not fantastic.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

There's nothing more than a huge THANK YOU to the staff in this hotel.

Although it was the first time staying in this hotel, but I was treated and cared like a family member. As you can see all the pictures about the room, lobby, and all the facilities of the hotel, I am here to address the wonderful and friendly service I experienced.

I was sick and had a fever on a Saturday night, phoned guest service for the nearest clinic. The agent advised me to go to the ER instead. I didn't feel the need for ER so I decided to stay in the room and rest. Couple minutes later, an agent knocked on the door and delivered a bucket full of ice, towels, and bottled water. The agent greeted me gently and asked if I would need anything else. This is some kind of experience that money can't buy. I was cared and felt better next morning.

Thank you again, for treating me like a VIP. You have insipired me to treat my guests like how you treated me. Would definately come back if I had a chance!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The Westin is a nice hotel with cosy environment. Lobby is not very huge but nice. Convenient location & easy to get around. Staffs were friendly and couldn't have fault my stay here. Checkin & checkout processes we're quick and efficient. After all, nice and simple 5 Star Hotel. Hope to return again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I think I have experienced the perfect stay...the perfect storm of efficiency, professionalism and timing..there was not one point in my stay where I could fault anyone or anything at this hotel despite having stayed here a number of times before.
Everything was on time, everything was as it should be despite having rather bizarre requests ie turn down service (again) at 2 in the morning ! all handled in a professional and efficient manner. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone and everyone had a smile and hello for you :-)
Great executive club area, large and spacious. Great spa are...in the men's changing room a really hot soaking pool and really cold (small) dipping (?) pool, with and I think I have mentioned this before, a spinner to spin dry your wet shorts, invaluable :-)
The room that I had was one of the renovated ones and although the outside environment was slightly ''older'' as a property my stay was perfect....the staff quite literally could not have done any more to make my stay any better ! for me this Hotel and staff have raised the bar past the Grosvener house in Dubai and the St Regis in Singapore it was such a great experience ! Love this hotel, absolutely loved my stay to the point where I would have been quite happy to stay there :-)
Hopefully you will have the same sort of experience that I had. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Try the Churchhill bar, you'll be surprised :-)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Roomsa are soaciously designed. More so the bathrooms are very spacious. However the bathtub had rust stains which made it feel like a 3star vs a 5. Breakfast fare is good and elaborate. Sushi could be better.

Room Tip: Near the elevators else its a winding walk.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a terrible experience in the hotel beginning with eating plastic from a vegetable dish I had during breakfast.

The sound proofing in my room was terrible. You could hear your neighbour's conversation and trust me they were just talking.

My 1st and last time there. There are a lot of 5 star hotels in Taipei which is much better than Westin.

If I were you and have a choice (not a frequent SP points chaser), stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you have to stay, get a corner room unless you enjoy listening to people's conversation
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
taipei
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I would say this hotel is average. May be slightly better than average. I stayed on the Executive Club floor and the exclusivity was nice. However, it is not a new or trendy hotel - in fact, it has been around for a long time and has probably done just good enough as a 5 star hotel. Good sized room with free internet.

However, the breakfast at the Executive Club Lounge was a letdown. The variety was really not much to shout about. The offering was also not sufficiently classy. The staff at the breakfast area was consistently busy to the point that the staff were not able to slow down and greet guests and show them to their tables properly. I was asked to just look for an empty table myself and sit down. And after I sat down, no one asked if I wanted coffee or tea - you simply walk up to the machine and make it yourself. All that for breakfast at Executive Club Lounge? Gee....

The overall service at the hotel I find is not sufficiently nice - you don't feel the warmth or the welcome. It may be sufficiently good if you compare with the level of service one is used to say in Europe or the US. But one should also compare to other hotels in Taiwan - if other hotels are offering what may be an 'exaggerated' type of service, they I feel Westin should follow or better that. Otherwise, it becomes just another hotel that happens to have an international name that only does its job

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Taipei? Share your experiences!