“Lovely old but redecorated hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Landis Taipei Hotel

You added Landis Taipei Hotel to your Saves list
Landis Taipei Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.41 Min Chuan East Road, Section 2, Taipei 104, Taiwan   |
Ranked #21 of 446 Hotels in Taipei
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely old but redecorated hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel has over the years renovated and is really a very good hotel As a regular guest the staff have got to know us & address us by our names Many of their employees have been there for years It is more a boutique hotel & very good The breakfast buffet is excllent

• Stayed January 2014
TheLandisTaipei, 總經理 at Landis Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Happy Chinese New Year of the Horse!

We are glad to know that you have been enjoying each and every stay of yours at The Landis! Thank you for sharing your nice comments about our facilities and personalised services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next stay with us. In the meantime, please receive all my sincere and best regards.

Cordially,
The Landis Taipei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
California City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The hotel is located at the closest of Taipei MRT system, so it was very convenient for me to travel around near by and get my work done as earliest as possible! Landis is not a luxury hotel to stay but fits suitably for the business class travelers and tourists groups.It's outlooks are not so great but rooms are spontaneously clean and it's always gives a warm and relax service.Front desk staff is really nice and helpful.

I like to stay here on my trips to Taiwan and would visit again soon!

Room Tip: Beds are exceptionally good for Superior class rooms!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
TheLandisTaipei, General Manager at Landis Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit at The Landis and for posting your thoughtful comments. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and our services. It is always nice to receive positive feedback from our guests.

All the hotel team members are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Taipei! In the meantime, please receive all our best wishes for new year 2014 and the Chinese New Year of the Horse!

Kind regards,
Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I and my friend stayed there at 2013 year-end.I made a booking at a superior room.
When reached the hotel,we assinged the smallest room on the floor.My friend had two suitcases though there was no space to open these unless on a bed,there is no place to put these except under the working desk.The window is small and the room was dark.What I surprised was the size of the bath room which is much smaller a Traveloge.Once standing in front of a mirror,I can not close the bath room door as the door itself is a half length of the bath room.There is no space to put used towels.We paid 600NTD for breakfast,if pay that amount they should have more variety.
People working there were nice,but it is disappointed thier room desinged by old standard.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Landis during your trip in Taipei for New Year Celebrations.

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment regarding the room assignment. Indeed, we have different categories of rooms and I am sorry you and your friend felt uncomfortable in your room. May we have the chance to welcome you back, please feel free to mention any special request and we will also make sure you stay in our renovated rooms. Again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience on your last trip.

I send you all my best wishes for the Chinese New Year of the Horse.

Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The Landis Taipei is located within a five minute walk from Exit 4 of the Zhongshan Elementary School subway (MRT). The station is relatively uncrowded, easy to navigate, clean and safe. The staff can also arrange airport transfers. In addition, the service is top notch. There are staff every where to cater to your needs. The staff is friendly, multilingual, and knowledgeable. Most importantly, the staff "gets it done" without offering excuses or evasion. The rooms are quiet, well maintained with large tubs and fancy, heated toilet seats and electronic controls for the bidet and other functions. The bed is especially comfortable. My only objection was the need to leave your room key in a slot to operate the light fixtures in the room. The buffet breakfast features both western and Chinese food.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TheLandisTaipei, General Manager at Landis Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Landis and for taking the time to post your review.

We are happy to read that you were satisfied with your stay and our services. It was my pleasure to share your nice comments with all the hotel team!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back. In the meantime, please receive our best greetings for the new year 2014!

Kind regards,
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

- Hotel staff were friendly, accommodating and very helpful
- Location was pretty good - pretty close to everywhere we were required to be
- 24 hour eatery 5 mins away, a Mcdonalds restaurant just next door
- Rooms were very clean
- Entire hotel was non smoking so it was perfect for me - being a non smoker
- Pillows were very comfortable
Would definitely at Landis again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Happy New Year 2014!

Thank you for choosing The Landis during your trip in Taipei. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and patronage. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,
Zürich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed around New Years Eve for four nights and had an excellent experience overall. The hotel provides all services expected from a five star hotel and staff is very friends and helpful. Most staff speak English well enough to make it easy for international travelers. The price was very adequate, certainly compared to hotels in the Xinyi area, that we're charging well over 500 USD a night (W Hotel leading the pack at close to 800 USD).

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Happy New Year 2014!

Thank you for choosing The Landis during your stay in Taipei and for sharing your kind comments. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services.

All the hotel team members are looking forward to welcoming you back anytime soon! In the meantime, please receive all our best wishes for 2014 and the coming Chinese Year of the Horse!

Cordially,
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here over the Christmas period and as this hotel is highly rated I expected a high standard of service. We arrived in the morning hoping to get an early check in but unfortunately there were no rooms available. This was not a big problem but during the check in process the service was lacking, no empathy or care was displayed we were basically told to come back later. The check in service could have been better.
As we couldn’t check in early we needed to use a safety box. There was no private area to use and I had to ask for some privacy, they found a meeting room which I used and then the staff took the safety box away out of my view to secure it and then returned with the key. I was even asked if I wanted them to hold the key. I think the concept of a security box has been lost. As a result we did not witness the box being secured and therefore it didn’t reassure me that my items were 100% safe.
The rooms were nicely designed with a walk in shower and soft bed and all the amenities expected from a five star hotel. They also have sound proof windows so the rooms are quiet.
The hotel doesn’t have a designated concierge so you need to wait for a free staff member at the front desk who tend get busy.
Most of the staff were pleasant and strived to provide a high level of service and spoke good English. Linda was especially outstanding and went beyond expectations following up any enquiries we had. She made our stay very enjoyable.
The food at the Breakfast buffet was quite reasonable with a good variety of items for both western and Chinese. Chefs were on hand to cook fresh eggs to your liking and the service was good even during the peak times when the restaurant was full.
One morning we walked outside to get an umbrella as the previous day they were being kept outside and when we asked the doorman he sent us back inside by ourselves, he should have walked back in and got the umbrella for us. These are just little things but when you stay at a highly rated hotel the expectations are higher.
The location was okay and nearby to the subway. We travelled all over Taipei for shopping, musuem and markets etc and I dont think anyone location is better than the other as long as your centrally located. Transport is the key and the train system was great and taxis were easy to get as well.
We enjoyed our stay and would recommend the hotel but I think it does suffer from being a slightly smaller hotel and not having all the facilities and designated staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to share your detailled comments and for choosing The Landis during your visit of Taipei during Christmas.

Then, I apologize for the way you were treated and I would like to assure you that each of your remarks has been carefully reported to the related departments and followed up accordingly. Immediate corrective actions have been taken to improve service and supervision up to the expected standards.

Regarding the safety box, we do provide this free service for our guests who have not checked-in yet or who have already checked-out. They can decide whether they want to keep the key or leave it to us. The safety box is located in a restricted access area under video surveillance. So you can be sure your belongings are secured.

Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience you might have felt during your stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back. All the hotel team members join me to wish you a Happy New Year 2014 and a wonderful Chinese New Year of the Horse!

Best regards,
The Landis Taipei

Been to Landis Taipei Hotel? Share your experiences!