“Value with great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Landis Taipei Hotel

Save Saved
You added Landis Taipei Hotel to your Saves list
Landis Taipei Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.41 Min Chuan East Road, Section 2, Taipei 104, Taiwan   |
Ranked #22 of 427 hotels in Taipei
Sydney
“Value with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this property for 5 nights just before our tour of Taiwan started and also for 1 night as part of our tour. The one thing we noticed was that the service was superb. The doormen were friendly and the bellboys were very helpful. Everyone at the front desk were accommodating and were able to help us with directions and bookings.

We arrived early to the hotel and checked in at 12pm. We booked a deluxe room which was big and the bathroom had a bidet. My partner used the Jurlique day spa, which she enjoyed. The location is quite close to the MRT station and all the taxis knew the hotel, which made it easy to get back to even late at night.

We found the price very reasonable and the service truly commendable. We would definitely return to this hotel the next time we visit taipei.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GRMLandis, 客戶關係經理 at Landis Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Landis Hotel for your recent stay in Taipei. It is such a pleasure to know that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay at our hotel, especially the service provided by our front desk and bell station staff. Please be assured that your kind words will be shared with them and make them very happy!.

Thank you once again for your positive feedbacks and support, we look forward to welcoming you back at The Landis Taipei very soon.

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was just there over Christmas 2012. All the front desk staff spoke fluent english, which is very convenient for my family since we don't speak mandarin at home, just english and hokkien. Checking in was swift and professional, generously slathered with warmth and hospitality which just made arriving there at 2am less onerous.

We got the deluxe room for 3 pax and it was cheaper than the superior which we initially booked for 2 pax! Mysterious, but nothing we'd complain about. The room was very spacious for three, with 2 TVs and a large sofa set, a business desk and coffee table. It had no problems holding all three of our big hardshell luggages.

They kindly refill the fruit bowl in the room each day, complimentary. Go for the apples, very sweet! They also offer multiple english news publications to be delivered to the room every morning, again, complimentary. All rooms had free wired LAN and wifi internet. Extremely convenient for a family with 2 laptops and 3 smartphones!

The intelligent toilet was a luxurious and pleasant surprise, something we expect in Korea or Japan, but not in Taiwan. Warmed seats are a joy on cold mornings. ^___^ All the toiletries were of some Dead Sea salt range, very good for the skin, according to the more girly ones in my family. XD Bottled water was provided, also free of charge, as many as you wanna request. Again, very nice of them. I recall being charged in other 5-star hotels for water, if you ask for more than 1 bottle per pax. So ngiao.

There's a 7-11 just across the street, and another just around the corner, a 24hr McD's, and a Family Mart too, just within a few minutes walking distance. Might be 5-7 minutes from the train station but just cab it if your legs cannot tahan. Cabs are so cheap there. For those who miss it, there's also a 85 deg cafe across the road and down a block or two. 24hrs too!

Overall, the facilities and service at Landis are great. Fittings all seem very new, and the carpets are vacuumed daily. My only beef is the beds and pillows, both were kinda hard, but for the low price we paid, really a small fry complaint. The comforter was warm and fluffy to offset that. I felt good tipping the chambermaids for the excellent job they did for our week-long stay there. The operators on the hotel line all spoke fluent english, too, just to note.

Room Tip: If you can finagle it, try to grab the deluxe room. You'll love the extra space to sprawl out in...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GRMLandis, Guest Relations Manager at Landis Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Season’s greetings from The Landis Taipei! We are so glad to read your positive remarks and we are so grateful for the time you spent on writing such useful and detailed comments about us.

We are happy to notice you had pleasant Christmas holidays in Taiwan and that you enjoyed our facilities and customized services. In addition, it is always rewarding for all the departments to receive such compliments. We will make our best to serve you better in the future by considering you prefer softer pillows.

All the Landis Team would like to thank you once more and is willing to welcome you again soon.
Happy New Year 2013!

Warmest regards from Taipei,
Aurore Mousset
Guest Relations Officer – Front Office
The Landis Taipei
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The service is excellent and staffs treat you like a VIP.Ever willing to make the stay pleasant one, even offering customized breakfast for long stay guests. Stayed here every time in town and it extremely good business hotel.it show the level of effort made by management in training. I highly recommended this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GRMLandis, Guest Relations Manager at Landis Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are very grateful for you positive review. It is always a pleasure to receive such rewarding compliments and your support has been shared with all the departments.

Thank you for highlighting our personnalized services: we are glad to hear you appreciated the customized breakfast for long stay guests. We will always make our best to serve and meet each guest's highest expectations.

All the Landis team wishes you the best season's greetings and is sincerely willing to welcoming you again in the nearest future!

Warmest regards from Taipei,
Aurore Mousset
Guest Relations Officer
The Landis Taipei Hotel
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I was initially a little pissed off during check-in but things changed soon after one of the front desk staff, Linda, took over the check-in process. I arrived at the hotel at 2.45pm and was initially served by this staff (I can't recall her name) who told me that I had to wait for another 10 to 15 minutes at the lobby as they were still doing some checks on my room even though it had been cleaned up.

After waiting for more than 20 minutes, no one came to me to signal that the room was ready. I was a bit annoyed because it was past the official check-in time and the room should have been ready by then. This was when I approached Linda, who promptly checked the availability of my room and upon confirmation, she brought me up to the room personally and showed me around the room, pointing out to me some of the amenities found within the room. All these while, she was smiling and displaying the genuine and world-renowed Taiwanese hospitality. I had come across some major hotel establishment where there are such practices of bringing guests personally to their rooms but none of those front desk staffs can beat Linda's sincerity and professionalism.

What was very touching was that the hotel actually provided a set of personalised folder and business writing papers. I had stayed in a number of international premium hotels such as Conrad, Grand Hyatt and InterContinental, but none of them provided such stuffs. Thumbs up for this added personal touch!

The deluxe room, which I stayed in, was very spacious. It is in fact, a mini suite, with the living room separated from the bedroom by a TV shelf. I like their bathroom as it has a separated standing shower from the bathtub.

Throughout my stay, I was consistently greeted by the bellhops/concierge staff whenever I entered or left the hotel premise. They were always approachable and helpful.

Last but not least, the hotel has an excellent location - just five minutes of walking distance from Chungshan Elementary School MRT station. As you walk to the MRT station, you will also come across several hotpot/steamboat restaurants which serve excellent and value-for-money buffet-style hotpot meals.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room. You will NOT be disappointed with its size and amenities.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
GRMLandis, 客戶關係經理 at Landis Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing Landis Hotel and for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your room and liked the personalized folder / business writing papers we prepared for you, and particularly the service of our hotel. However, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when you checked-in. Your comments are highly appreciated and have been shared with all the relevant departments. We will do our best to improve our service quality to make sure that your next stay with us a flawless one.

Thank you once again for your review. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Landis Hotel when you visit Taipei in the future.

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We had a pleasant stay at Landis! The reception was welcoming and we were led to room by the staff who checked us in.

We stayed in a Standard room, but it was rather spacious and toilet had everything we needed - bathtub & "intelligent" toilet bowl. Service provided was of professional standard, all staff were very polite and out to make our stay comfortable. On our 2nd day of stay, we indicated "no make-up room" - when we returned, we received 2-3 notes informing us that they came by (wanting to make up room) but did not enter due to our indication. Also, a replacement hairdryer came within few minutes after I called the reception to inform it's faulty.

Location-wise, rather quiet and away from action. Some nice F&B places along the hotel stretch but not much retail. Nearest metro is about 5-7min walk, not as near as I would have preferred... but still acceptable as the overall experience during our 3N stay was a very pleasant and pampered one.

Price-wise, I think reasonably priced for a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
GRMLandis, 客戶關係經理 at Landis Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay, and for your complimentary comments.

We are very happy to read your positive remarks about the room facilities and the overall service . However, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience which might have caused by the malfunctioned hair dryer during your stay. Your comment had been share with our housekeeping department staff, and we will try our very best to prevent this kind of inconvenience from happening again

Thank you once again for sharing your valuable comments with us as it will help us improve our service quality. We truly hope to welcome you back to Landis Hotel Taipei very soon !

Viborg, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I was warmly and efficiently checked-in by a Japanese receptionist. The hotel has boutique feel to it, and the Taiwanese are as always friendly (probably the friendliest of all the Chinese, closely followed by Malaysian Chinese).
The Japanese feel to the hotel extends to bowel movements, where one's posterior is warmly placed on a Japanese-style, high-tech toilet.
The wireless connection works painlessly, and the breakfast is good.
The access to the gym is rather dangerous, in that one has to bow down to enter.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GRMLandis, 客戶關係經理 at Landis Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share a review of your recent staying experience at Landis Hotel. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your room and breakfast buffet during your stay, and were pleased with our staff service, especially our Japanese receptionist. Your generous and kind compliments are truly the best reward for us. Regarding your comment about the gym entrance, we apologize for the inconvenience which might have caused, and will do our best to find a solution to the problem you mentioned.

Thank you very much once again for sharing your comments with us, they help us to improve the quality of service we provide our guests. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Landis Hotel very soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Have being staying in Landis for the 3rd times whenever visiting Taipei. Love the small local flavor shops around, and have a taste of the local small market place just walking distance from the hotel location. Monorail is in walking distance and easy to access around.

Excellence staff services and friendly profession Concierge staffs. Once I left behind a damaged pair of shoes behind they even kept it for me and wrote me an email asking whether need them to deliver back to me *kudos for their fast and considerable action*.

I have stayed in their Superior and Executive Suite (which is during my stay with my family).
Both room type is roomy and cleanliness is impeccable. Breakfast selection is wide ranging from western to chinese, are fresh and well-cooked. Will definately consider this hotel again in future visit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
GRMLandis, Guest Relations Manager at Landis Taipei Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Happy Holidays! Thank you for staying at The Landis Taipei during your several trips to Taiwan. We are grateful for your comments and very glad to know that you enjoyed our services and your overall stays with us. Your positive feedbacks encourage us even more to do our very best in order to continue deserving such high praise.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon. In the meantime, all the Landis Team wishes you lovely Christmas Holidays,

Cordially,
The Landis Team

Been to Landis Taipei Hotel? Share your experiences!