Things I love about Amba:
1. Excellent location
Just go down the elevator and you're at Ximending—few hotels can beat that convenience. Shops, hawker stalls, movie houses are within walking distance. The train is just two or three blocks away—probably a 5-minute walk.
2. Fun, hip, creative
Everything is modern and fun. Elevator doors are done in colorful pop art; there were photographs and modern sculptures on display at the lobby; the breakfast place has books everywhere; the halls of the rooms are decorated in doodles; the room itself, is smartly furnished and wasn't overdone. Ours had one huge square painting to punctuate the stark whiteness of the room. The small touches are also worth mentioning—the toilet has these fun wall paints; the area above the reception area has this decorative piece made of plastic cups clumped together to look like a chandelier. Ingenious.
3. Fast, complimentary wifi
4. Overall great value
About P3000 average cost per room per night, to be split with two occupants. Considering the convenience and comfort you get, the value it offers is hard to beat.
5. Extensive buffet breakfast menu
Really love the breakfast menu. There's the usual Western breakfast plus an array of Chinese staples (noodle dishes, dimsum, etc).
6. Comfortable beds; organic toiletries
Beds are comfortable and wide enough for two (can even accommodate three); the toiletries used are mostly ginger-based and organic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- amba Taipei Ximending is located in the heart of trendy Ximending shopping and entertainment area in Western Taipei, just five minutes’ walk to the Taipei Metro Ximen Station, one metro stop from the Taipei Main Station for high-speed rail, and only 20 minutes’ drive to Taipei 101. Nominated as one of the best hotel openings by Wallpaper* magazine in 2012, amba Taipei Ximending occupies levels 5 to 10 of the fashionable Eslite shopping complex on Wuchang Street, junction of Kunming Street. This hip, eco-friendly hotel features free high-speed WiFi access hotel-wide, 160 contemporary guestrooms with separate rain shower, and free use of a self-service laundry room. Extra large rooms, loft rooms and balcony rooms can accommodate up to four adults, ideal for friends and family to share. Dining options include chiba – an international all day restaurant for fun dining, tingba - a retro chic music lounge, and tianba – a bakery with an alfresco courtyard. Best of all, there are many locally inspired fun elements awaiting for your discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your amba TAIPEI XIMENDING reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.