“Fun & hip, possibly the best base in Taipei” 5 of 5 stars
Review of amba TAIPEI XIMENDING

You added amba TAIPEI XIMENDING to your Saves list
amba TAIPEI XIMENDING
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1F, 5-10F, No.77 Section 2, Wuchang Street, Taipei, Taiwan   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Early Save Up To 10%
Ranked #57 of 467 Hotels in Taipei
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Fun & hip, possibly the best base in Taipei”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Things I love about Amba:

1. Excellent location
Just go down the elevator and you're at Ximending—few hotels can beat that convenience. Shops, hawker stalls, movie houses are within walking distance. The train is just two or three blocks away—probably a 5-minute walk.

2. Fun, hip, creative
Everything is modern and fun. Elevator doors are done in colorful pop art; there were photographs and modern sculptures on display at the lobby; the breakfast place has books everywhere; the halls of the rooms are decorated in doodles; the room itself, is smartly furnished and wasn't overdone. Ours had one huge square painting to punctuate the stark whiteness of the room. The small touches are also worth mentioning—the toilet has these fun wall paints; the area above the reception area has this decorative piece made of plastic cups clumped together to look like a chandelier. Ingenious.

3. Fast, complimentary wifi

4. Overall great value
About P3000 average cost per room per night, to be split with two occupants. Considering the convenience and comfort you get, the value it offers is hard to beat.

5. Extensive buffet breakfast menu
Really love the breakfast menu. There's the usual Western breakfast plus an array of Chinese staples (noodle dishes, dimsum, etc).

6. Comfortable beds; organic toiletries
Beds are comfortable and wide enough for two (can even accommodate three); the toiletries used are mostly ginger-based and organic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
teresahuang77, 總經理 at amba TAIPEI XIMENDING, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear amba guest:

I am truly surprised to learn that you enjoyed so many things about amba that you had an enjoyable time with us. Your recognition is for sure the greatest inspiration and encouragement to the entire team!

Thank you once again for choosing amba. We hope to welcome you soon whenever your next trip brings you back to Taipei!

Teresa Huang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Macau, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed from march 10-15 and when i first saw the hotel its really neat simple and clean. Staffs are smiling and helpful. The location is perfect, everything is very near, from food stalls, shopping, movie, coffee shop, and best of all MRT. Its like the hotel is in the middle of everything. I wasnt be able to take the chance to taste the food there coz breakfast ladt till 10am only...i always woke up around 10ish. Im about to try the lounge to have some cocktail but unfortunately they renovating something on that night so it was close. Other than that i recommend this hotel to my friends who will travel to taiwan. All the best.

Dear amba guest:

Thank you for choosing amba TAIPEI XIMENDING and spare time to highlight your amba experience with us. I am glad to learn that you had an enjoyable time with us.

Most importantly, please accept my sincerest thank you for your valuable recommendation of amba. Your recognition is, by all means, the greatest encouragement to the whole team!

Thank you once again for choosing amba. We all look forward to having you and your friends with us whenever you visit Taipei in the near future.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from Taipei.

Stayed at Amba Ximending from 18/3-21/3. The building itself was rather new & classy. Very impressive & appealing, the moment I stepped out of the lift at 5th level. The staff (short hair guy) at the reception was rather friendly & helpful. I arrived rather early at 7.30am. Checked in my luggages and proceeded with my itinerary. Returned at about 1pm. Room still not ready. (Check in time is 3pm) Spoke to the same guy who attended to me earlier on. He tried to speak to the housekeeping staff to get my room ready ASAP and my room was ready by 2pm. The room (814) was in tip-top condition. Very clean, bright and spacious. Had some good rest before proceeding with my itinerary at later part of the day. Thanks to the guy at the reception! :-)

Despite the only small window in the room, the whole atmosphere, design and brightness of the room can at anytime compensate for it. I really like the organic and recycled feel of the room. Perhaps Amba might want to consider other fragrances for the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. I'm not a huge fan of ginger. Amba might also want to consider adding more English TV channels as currently, rather restrictive. No issue with the wifi in the room or at the reception area, which was good. Housekeeping staffs were friendly and courteous too. Room not soundproof as you could hear kids running in the corridor but just a minor issue. Lift required room card to access to 6th floor to 10th floor which was good, safety wise. Room furnishings were rather new.

Location was perfect! Close to Modern Toiler Restaurant, World of Curry Restaurant, Ah Zhong's Mian Xian, huge cinema, Ximending station and many others. They are all just a stone throw away only.

Strongly recommend Amba Ximending and will definitely be back for sure!!

Dear amba guest,

Thank you for choosing amba TAIPEI XIMENDING and spare time to share your experience with us. I am glad to learn that you had an enjoyable time with us.

In addition, I am truly delighted to know that our staff could make prompt assistance to your needs upon check-in and during your stay.

Least but not last, your genuine suggestion will be carefully reviewed for any further improvements needed to what we have to offer for all amba guests.

Thank you once again for choosing amba. Please do feel free to let us know whenever your next trip brings you back to Taipei. We all look forward to welcoming you soon!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Amba ximending during our stay November, which was an excellent time to travel, weather was dry and cooling- thoroughly enjoyable.

The hotel is actually within a shopping mall and located about 7min walk from the nearest ximending station. Not a far walk as you would be surrounded with lots of shops and restaurants along the way.

Hotel staff spoke fluent English and were very polite and helpful. Overall great service from the reception staff. The interior design of the hotel were really funky and artsy from the reception area to the bar and dining to the room corridors. Really cute!

The rooms in Amba were of a minimalistic design, brightly lit and very clean. We were impressed with the slippers provided as there were of good quality which can be taken back with you. Amenities provided were of a local brand sold and can be bought at the reception area if you like.

Despite Amba being within a shopping mall it had made an effort to design the rooms with a window that overlooks the foyer and dining area downstairs. This made for a nice design.

We would definitely be coming back the next time.

• Stayed November 2012
teresahuang77, 總經理 at amba TAIPEI XIMENDING, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear amba guest:

I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our convenient location and hotel design that you had an enjoyable time with us.

Most importantly, I am delighted to know that our staff could be of assistance and made prompt response to your needs during your time with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd time staying at Amba (feb 23-3 March 2013).This trip I n my family 5 of us staying in one big room,same as last yr the big room we stayed.(9 march-16March 2012).I n my family member love this hotel very much. We really find out this is the best hotel in ximending .to wat I know this hotel guest & hotel staff all r youngster.If I come back Taipei , still Amba no other choir ...Amba ...还是..你吧!!! 别无选择。。。。住吧!!! Amba hotel.I will be back....看吧!!!等吧!!!来吧!!!
明年...见吧!!!

• Stayed February 2013
teresahuang77, 總經理 at amba TAIPEI XIMENDING, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear amba guest:

Thank you for choosing amba TAIPEI XIMENDING and spare time to highlight your amba experience with us for the third time!!
I am glad and touched to learn that you had yet another enjoyable stay with us. Your gracious support is by all means the greatest encouragement and inspiration to the entire team.

Thank you once again for choosing ambal! We hope to see you soon whenever your next trip brings you back again to Taipei! amba 等您來吧!!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Me and my bf visited taipei for the first time . The hotel was excellent . Staff were very friendly and helpful . Room was very clean . But if there was a bathtub , it would be better .location is very good , 5-10mins to Ximen mrt station . We felt very safe staying in AMBA hotel for 4 nights .

Dear amba guest:

Thank you for choosing amba TAIPEI XIMENDING and spare time to share your amba experience with us. I am happy to learn that you had an overall enjoyable time in Taipei and with us.

It is and always will be a pleasure to receive genuine feedback from our valued guests and I am thrilled to learn that our staff could be of assistance and made prompt response to your needs during your time with us.

Thank you once again for choosing ambal! We hope to see you soon whenever your next (and more) trip brings you back to Taipei!

Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my first time visiting Taipei and I loved every minute of it thanks to Amba. This hotel is smack in the middle of Ximending which is really where you want to be as a tourist. I loved how modern and simplistic the rooms are. There's nothing fancy here which is perfect if you just want to catch some shut eye before embracing another day's worth of adventures. The breakfast is delish! We had a small glitch with our room safe and had to call concierge for help. Sure enough, staff arrived in less than 5 minutes. No complaints here! Look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
teresahuang77, 總經理 at amba TAIPEI XIMENDING, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear amba guest:

Thank you for choosing amba TAIPEI XIMENDING and spare time to share your experience with us. I am glad to learn that your overall stay with us was an enjoyable one.

It is and always will be a true pleasure to receive genuine feedback from our valued guests and I am thrilled to learn that our staff could be of assistance and made prompt response to your needs during your time with us.

Your positive feedback and observations regarding our convenient location and room decor will surely be shared with the entire team whom I believe will be highly encouraged.

Thank you once again for choosing ambal! We hope to see you soon whenever your next trip brings you back to Taipei!

Teresa Huang

Been to amba TAIPEI XIMENDING? Share your experiences!