“Great & Refreshing Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Look Hotel

You added Look Hotel to your Saves list
Look Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Xiangyang Road, Zhongzheng District, Taipei, Taiwan   |
Ranked #216 of 467 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Great & Refreshing Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed at Look Hotel for 6days in September. The Hotel had Kindly upgraded our room to a corner and more spacious room. Breakfast was quite standard without much variation but for the price that we paid, it was a very worth-while stay! would come back again. Hotel is about 5-10 mins from train station.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Bend IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This hotel is one step up from a youth hostel for kids from Hong Kong going onto a cheap shopping trip.
The hotel is at the intersection of two busy streets and has no noise insulation, so the first night it sounded as if the trucks ran through the room. After we complained repeatedly (and were blantandly lied to that no other rooms were available while people were checking out around us) we were finally given another higher floor room. Second night was ok. AC broke during the third night, which made for another sleepless night. This place is a dump.

• Stayed June 2012
singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The room is clean but was spoiled by one day of water shortage. Have to make do by going to public toilet near the park for my morning wash.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed for 5 nights at Look Hotel on my first visit to Taipei last November. I booked the Elite room (lowest category) as I travelled alone. I was pleasantly surprised as the room I had was so cosy & much more spacious than I had seen in the website.

Stable internet connection & TV with multiple channels were a plus. Reception staff was friendly & approachable in assisting me with my "travel query". The cleaning lady whom I met in the morning on a few occasions was dedicated in her job. Although I told her that I only required the trash bins to be emptied & floor mat changed, she insisted on tidying up the rest of the room too!

Hotel is located on a "quieter street" amidst other competitors (eg. See You, Miyi, City Inn & Forte Orange) in the same area, but it is a mere 15-minute walk to Taipei Main Station (as well as the Bus station where you can take the Dayou bus to Taoyuan airport) & 10-minute walk to Ximending. It is situated in the vicinity popularly known as "Tuition Street" by the locals (there are countless tuition centres for students!). You will find many casual eateries/takeaway corners/fried chicken chop stalls/bubble tea booths/fast food restaurants/convenience stores in that zone.

While I appreciated the "open concept" design (with separate bath & toilet area), the room will most likely suit only single traveller or couples. There is no "door" or "cordoned area" when you change after bath, so family or friends may find that a hassle. Upon arrival, I requested for a room with window but was told none of the rooms has window due to safety concern. (I realised that the windows were actually "concealed" from the inside.) You may oversleep as the room is too cosy & you have no daylight shining through! Do take note of this point if your prerequisite of a hotel room must have window.

The hotel website's online reservation is not available. I secured my reservation by calling the hotel directly. (Email is acceptable as well.) There was no request for my credit card to guarantee the booking when I rang, but I arrived at the hotel with my reservation intact. However, please be prepared to make full payment upon arrival as this is the hotel policy (instead of the usual pre-authorisation process most of us are accustomed to).

I enjoyed my stay at Look Hotel & I will recommend it all you holidayers in Taipei!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Will definitely come back again next time!

Great value, great location (really close to the subway, convenience stores, and food), breakfast included, rooms are clean, wi-fi is free, and the bed is really comfortable.

Some minor setbacks were that our room smelled musty when we moved in, it didn't have any windows, and somehow there were always mosquitos in our room even there were no windows.

Other than these minor setbacks, this hotel is highly recommended!

Room Tip: Request a room with windows if possible
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Good points:
- great area that closed to book shops, restaurants, snack shops and so on
- easy to access from MTR station
- the beds are quite comfortable
- free wifi available
- the room is not that small while we request for a bigger one once we made the booking
- very big bathroom with 2 sinks, seperated toilet and bath area

Bad points:
- the breakfast has very limited choices even I am not that demanding, for example, no orange juice or milk provided!!
- my daughter isn't that tall but they requested her to pay extra. However, they didn't add another bed for her nor give the breakfast coupons to her! We must ask for the coupons actively.
- The staff in the breakfast area isn't too friendly. Maybe it is because he can't speak in English.
- a bit strange to wear the clothes in the "open area" after taking a shower or bath
- nothing can be done in the hotel.. but we mainly go out so it isn't a real problem

generally, it is a nice hotel with reasonable price. I would recommend the others to try this hotel.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for the biggest room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

stayed at this hotel during my recent trip to taiwan.
it is small, but very comfortable and newly furnished. certainly for anyone who loves staying in a new hotel room. counter staff are professional and the housekeepers were really warm and amiable!
location is excellent too. a stone's throw from many of taipei's attractions: ximending shopping district, 228 peace park, president's office, shinkong mitsukoshi. seriously though its closer to NTU hospital train station you can still easily walk to taipei train station - good underground shopping and alot of restaurants upstairs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Look Hotel? Share your experiences!