“Staff doesn't helpful.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #117 of 446 Hotels in Taipei
Khonkaen
“Staff doesn't helpful.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We booked three nights for this hotel. At the first night we experienced something weird. About 1.30 a.m. someone knocked on my door and later phoned into my room. Since I was in the bathroom so I was unable to answer the call. I called the front staff to ask if they called me or not the answer was No. So in the morning I went to the front staff to ask them to check for the Cctv camera, the answer was if something like this had happened again they would check the cctv for us. From that moment we decided to check out immediately, and went to stay at other hotel.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Oslo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We booked this hotel via booking.com, when we arrived we had some trouble with the booking. They tried to charge us more, but after a quick call to booking.com we fixed it.

I get the feeling that the hotel is trying too hard to be a luxury hotel, but actually isn't. You will get a big room with nice furniture, but when you try to lift something you realize it's all fake, cheap stuff. But then again, who cares? The beds are still good and it's possible to sit in the couch. I do not have any other hotel to Taipei to compare it to but all in all I was quite satisfied with the hotel. It is really close to the MRT station Jiannan Rd. The MRT system is really good in the city so it will take you anywhere in the city. Other then the ferris wheel, it's a boring area and everything closes at 2300. So if you like to see the city at night you should not be at the hotel. Taxi isn't expensive so if you decide to have a night out a taxi fare wont cost you more than 400 NTD.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

First of all, I need to clear something up. There are technically 2 hotels on the same address, on the same premise. The ISIS Taipei, and the Bellezza Taipei. There are 2 different Chinese names for these 2 hotels. However, I do not believe they are physically separated. I think its the same building, same entrance, same everything. Their envelopes say Bellezza but with isistaipei website on the back. And if you go to ISIS website, you will see both "hotels", but in fact, its really just one.

This is a motel/hotel structure. If you have a car and wants the motel section, I think anything below 4 or 5th floor are the motel section. Because you'd take the elevator, and you would actually go out to the driveway, then enter your room via garage. (driveway is the circular covered inside the building). From the garage, you go inside your room, and the room is nice and big. Rooms are themed and its a bit on the dark side, cuz its romantic, I suppose. There is no window.

If you dont have a car and want a more hotel-like room, stay on the 6th floor. This way, you'd get out of the elevator and have a regular hotel-looking walkway, then go into your room. The room is also nice and big, but also no window. There is also big jaccuzzi tub. Free wireless internet. Breakfast is not so good, very simple. Wish it would be better.

There are 2 elevators in the building. The bigger elevator actually has a bench seat inside (I've not seen too many elevators having a bench seat inside of it).

When I say convenient, its convenient to Miramar shopping center cuz its right next to it. Miramar is large enough and has many things, including movie theater. There are also Costco-like warehouse type shopping. Its also not far from the original Taipei airport (TSA). This place is not close to the XinYi district shopping area so if thats where you're going, I would not recommend it.

All in all, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I have stayed several motel in taiwan and this is one of the worst motel. Firstly, the motel is not clean. There are design in the room and they are all too fragile. the light effect is interesting but it is just fot fun. Price is very high compare to other motel in TW. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I was growing desperate having a few days left before departing to Taiwan. Most of my preferred Hotels in Taipei was running full. A good buy appeared in Agoda, which I felt was too good to be true, thus I grabbed!
Check in was strangely determined at 3pm, despite the location of the Hotel. Thus first impression was already a minus. I booked an Executive Suite for less than S$200 singapore dollars, which was considerably a steal. The 1st impression of the room was 'wow'... and that's about it. The Hotel is very new, they had this 1 single lift in the entire lobby that serves the whole 8-9 floors of the Hotel and it was really s.l.o.w given the technology these days. No key card security access to the floors, but the front desk staff will asked for your room number each time you walk in to the elevator.
Bath room amenities was a good local range. There was this fine jacuzzi tub in the middle of the bathroom. Overall feel was that it had a pretty love hotel feel, as there were no blinds to the glass sliding doors to the bathroom and that was a big gasp as I was travelling with a male friend and my sister. It was mostly dim in the living room. There werent proper cupboards to hang your jackets and clothes, the safe box was just sitting at the bottom of a hole in the wall, which was made out to be a wardrobe.
Breakfast which was included in the room deal can be missed. Wireless broadband was complimentary though. Location is quiet, located next to the Miramar Department store with the Ferris Wheel thing albeit far away from the main shopping stretch along Zhong Xiao Fuxing station. 2mins walk to the train station (Jian Nan Rd Station). Nonetheless, okay for an experience.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to ISIS Taipei Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!