“Absolutely NOTHING bad to say about this place - definitely lives up to its status” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Quote Taipei

Save Saved
You added Hotel Quote Taipei to your Saves list
Hotel Quote Taipei
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.333 Nanjing East Road, Section 3, Songshan District, Taipei 105, Taiwan   |
Ranked #27 of 429 Hotels in Taipei
perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Everything was perfect. The service, the rooms (Were HUGE and so comfortable)
I stayed in the T room, my Father in the U room, both were fantastic.

The location is perfect, very close to MRT station, surrounded by shops and restaurants.

Taipei is an amazing city, and Hotel QUOTE was the icing on the cake.

Will stay again without hesitating for a second.

Room Tip: The U room was almost better than the T room
  • Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

Fabulous little boutique hotel. lovely staff. great location.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

This hotel no doubt is high tech and modern. Stylish but not over the top, low profile and detauls are subtle. Love the bathroom designs. However I find lighting in the rooms too dim. Free mini bar is a great touch and the 24 hours lounge for little snacks etc - very nice touch. Stayed in T room and had a look at other rooms, the U room/O room were too small and I do not recommend. It is worth upgrading to the T type room. Location is convenient enough and walkable distance to the nearby shopping malls etc.

Did not enjoy the restaurant upon entry, food was OK but not extraordinary. Many other good choices in Taipei tbh.

Room Tip: T room
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
BELLINGHAM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

The hotel is just like a NY boutique hotel complete with bar and disco beat downstairs. The rooms are lovely, but mine was very small. There are larger floor plans, and even some with espresso machines. Small vanity in the bathroom so I could not lay out my makeup. Nice shower, no bath. Lots of sophisticated lighting, a bit hard to figure out how to turn it all off and on. Great brunch that is included, and the food area is open 24 hours for coffee and snacks.

We used to stay at the Sherwood, but our company switched to this hotel because of price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

I've always tried to stay in a SLH property as much as possible. This hotel is another hit. I booked directly with hotel with their 1 for 2 promotion in a Quote room, made up of 2 rooms sharing a common entrance but each has its own separate door within.

The signage at entrance is easy to miss and many taxi drivers are not aware of this new property. Tell taxi driver to drive to Momo departmental store, and the hotel is right next to it (it's also diagonally opposite The Taipei Arena (xiao ju dan).

The lobby is small (intimate) and dark but it suits me well. Aromatic scent is whiff throughout the hotel but not overpowering. Our rooms is on the 9th floor, without much view which is typical of Taipei city hotel. Room is small but adequate. My room came with a Nespresso machine which we really appreciate. All non-smoking rooms, there's a docking station for ipod / iphone. English TV channels are limited but as both myself and hubby understands Mandarin, we watch loads of entertainment programs on this trip.

Interesting to note is that both of our rooms has a see through shower and bathroom with no door, so you must really be comfortable with your traveling companion to stay in one of these rooms. Rooms are decked out in a sexy way, and bed is ultra comfortable.

Breakfast served in the guest lounge is very basic. Staff are helpful and speaks good English. Overall a good stay

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

The TA reviews for this hotel set a very high standard and Hotel Quote did not disappoint. It is a fabulous hotel! I had booked a great deal on a T Room and to my delight was upgraded to an E Room (highest level) on my arrival. This room was akin to a suite with a sleeping and living area, as well as balconies and there was a huge flat screen TV. However, the piece de resistance was the huge bathroom. There was one area that contained a Jacuzzi-type tub (complete with another flat-screen tv and bath salts) and a shower area with a rainfall showerhead. The shower alone, was almost the size of a small room. I have travelled the world extensively for many years and have never, ever taken a bath in a hotel room--until my stay at the Quote. Just could not resist and it was wonderful.

I loved:
-proximity to the Taipei Arena
-included breakfast--the selection was great and the quality even better, including the fabulous coffee machine.
-24 hour lounge, complete with beverages and snacks
-free min-bar in room
-wonderful bedding and mattress
-staff--they were warm and friendly and gave such personlized attention that I felt like a VIP (which I certainly was not). I must give a special shout out to Lucy, Gary, and most of all, Anni. They, along with the rest of the staff made me feel right at home--very important as I stayed for 8 nights. Everyone went out of their way to be accomodating.

I did eat in the 333 hotel restaurant twice and the food was average. The one night we were there, there was a DJ who was inexplicably playing extremely loud rap music containing vulgar, misogynistic lyrics--this was quite surprising and I certainly did not return to the restaurant at night during the rest of my stay.

The only drawback for me was the lighting in the room. I have stayed in other hotels which have jumped on the low-lighting bandwagon and have to say I don't care for it very much. It was a particular problem for me at the Quote becuase there was minimal natural light coming into the room. The worst part was the sink area of the bathroom--it was so dark that I could barely fix my hair and put make-up on. I think that hotel management should reconsider the lighting situation, particularly in the bathroom.

Overall, I absolutely adored Taipei and its wonderful people and would love to be able to say unequivocally that I'd stay at the Quote on my next visit. The only thing that might make me think twice is the darkness of the room.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I had booked Hotel Quote after reading rave reviews about the place and decide to give it a try. Being a fan of boutique hotels, I do find at times the service rendered or the decorations ect tend to be over rated. However I must say Hotel Quote was everything they spoke about.

The room was fantastic, I had booked the E room and I must say this is by far the best experience I had for any hotel stay. The room is exactly the way they describe and my friend and I find it hard to leave the room to go sight see.

We were given very warm welcome by the staff.

This will definitely be my 1st choice to stay in Taipei.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Quote Taipei? Share your experiences!