“Convenient location & comfy stay” 4 of 5 stars

TWD2,520 (TWD)
Ranked #8 of 446 Hotels in Taipei
4.5 of 5 stars 480 Reviews
Perth, Australia
“Convenient location & comfy stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stay at Dandy Hotel Daan branch in the beginning of March 2014. It was my first visit to Taipei so I was quite uncertain where to stay. I prefer to stay near the subway station cause I always use the subway no matter where I go. Plus, I always go for the accommodation that is near to the subway as I don't wanna walk a long way to go back to hotel after walking for the whole day. I chose Dandy Hotel Daan branch after I did some research while it didn't disappoint me. The location is good as it is just next to the Daan Park station & 7-11 is just next door too. While the staffs are friendly & helpful. We couldn't get into the room with our key but the cleaning lady nearby helped us to fix it without us asking. That's so impressive & helpful. While the room is clean & well equipped. Some more, Daan Park station is convenient to go to Taipei 101, Yong Kang street, Zhongxiao Fuxing, Dunhua, etc. Even not too far to go to Xi Mend Ding. The breakfast shop opposite of Dandy Hotel is yummy too! I highly recommend Dandy Hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TING1022, 業者 at Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guests,

Warmest greetings from the Dandy Hotel-Daan branch!

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your recent experience with us. We are greatly honored of your high ranking and glad to know that you had a memorable stay with us.

Your support is the motivation for us to continue trying to be the best everyday and I will definitely share your valuable comments with my colleague.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay at the Dandy Hotel-Daan branch in the near future.

TING CHEN
Supervisor, Dandy Hotel Daan Branch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is the first time my family stay at this hotel (Room 208). The overall experience is great. Clean room, conveniently located near food street & MRT and reasonably friendly staffs.
One of the reason we came to Taiwan during this March school holiday is to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We got a surprise from the hotel. The hotel supervisor, Ting Ting prepared a card and snack for my daughter at night. Though we were too full to eat, we appreciate her kind effort.
The only regret is we only being provided a room at the 2nd floor, though we have asked for a park view room at higher floor.
The laundry service instruction at the laundry room was confusing. It says the hotel staff will help us to transfer the cloths after washing to the dryer, and we can collect them from the reception when the cloths are ready. But when we came back after few hours, the cloths remained in the washing machine. We feel sorry to hold up the washing machine. I hope the hotel can look into it and improve on this matter.
We will likely to come back to Dandy Hotel in our next trip as we have enjoyed our stay here. Thanks.

Stayed March 2014
TING1022, 業者 at Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Ms. Amos T,

Thank you for choosing Dandy Hotel Daan as your home away from home, we hope that your journey home was a pleasant and restful one.

We appreciate your comment. It is very happy to know that you like the snack and the birthday card I provide to you. It my pleasure to celebrate your daughter's birthday.

I also have to apologize our laundry service. I am very sorry for any inconvenience to you. We will be careful to prevent that kind of things happen again.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Taipei and will ensure a more pleasant stay for you next time. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my staff if we can be of any further assistance to you.

With best regards,
Ting Chen
Supervisor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Dandy hotel is in a convenient location right across the road from MRT station, with 7-11 just downstairs and 7 min walk to Yong Kang Street (eat street). It's also just 3 MRT stops from 101.

For the price, the room was clean and new, and service was amazing, comparable to some 5 star hotels (though no gym and other amenities). They have all the complimentary toiletries in the room (toothbrushes, combs, cotton pads etc) and when front desk realized I have to check out early at 6:30am, they arranged a packed breakfast to go for me.

Will definitely be back in future.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the rooms with no window, price difference isn't much.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
JohnnyChiang, Assistant Manager at Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guests,

We really appreciate your very nice review and comments about Dandy Hotel - DAAN Park Branch! It sounds like you had a very nice time, and enjoy all that our hotel had to offer! Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay!

Best regards,

Johnny Chiang - Assistant Manager
Dandy Hotel - DAAN Park Branch
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Me & my friends stayed in this Hotel in the early of March. The hotel location is excellent. Very close to Dong Meng traditional Market & Yong Ken Street beef Noodle shop. Hotel does have self laundry service, and very nice breakfast.
The hotel is very close to Exit 1 at the Daan MRT station, but Exit 1 doesn't have excalator. So if you have huge luggage to carry and you may take the Exit 6.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
JohnnyChiang, Assistant Manager at Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Value Guest,

We would like to thank you for such a positive review of our hotel and for sharing your experience with everyone! We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home.

We thank you for your coming and giving us your comments, we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Dandy Hotel-Daan branch in the near future.

Warm regards,

Johnny Chiang / Assistant Manager
Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is excellent in the Da An neighborhood. Right on the corner is a 7-11 for all your needs and also a brief 5 minute walk takes you to the original Din Tai Fung! Also 5 minutes away is the famous Yong Kang St for great eats..Conveniently there is a subway right outside of the hotel and literally steps from the front door. Complimentary Wifi throughout the hotel with a very strong signal was great. We have stayed at numerous hotels throughout Asia and this hotel very likely had one of the better breakfast. It was buffet style with a great selection. My husband had to have a suit pressed for a wedding and the front desk helped handle everything for me and I even got the suit back the same day. To top it off, on one evening we had returned to our room to see a tray full of deserts and a birthday card for my husband's birthday that was a few weeks prior. Service was amazing.. we will definitely be coming back!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad that we made your satisfaction during your stay in Dandy Hotel-Daan branch. Thank you for sharing your feedback in this website, your feedback is such a encouragement to us. We would keep providing high service quality and please do come back again.

Thank you again for choosing us. Hope to see you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Johnny Chiang / Assistant Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Location is great: right next to the new daan park mrt station, super convenient. Din tai fung (original) is just a 5 min walk away, there's a super chic cafe 2 or 3 doors down from the hotel and, not to mention, a 7-11 (which in taiwan sells just about everything, I'm not kidding) just next to the hotel. There's also yongkang street nearby and from there not far to the cool shida night market.

The room was clean and equipped with a dehumidifier, automatic bidet, jacuzzi bathtub and rain shower. Nothing like a hot rain shower after a long day of shopping and eating. They also provide video on demand (latest movies) and adult movies (parents beware) for those nights that you feel like staying in.

Breakfast was average and the weakest aspect of the hotel. They charge NTD20 for each sunny side up egg, spread was not extensive and not appealing. If I were to stay again, I'll choose the cheaper option without the buffet breakfast and use the money saved to go eat beef noodles at Yongkang instead. It's ok that the breakfast sucked, just means that I'll spend my calories at the other 1000001 super eating places that I can find in taipei.

They have a laundry room that you can wash your clothes for free. Driers provided as well.

A straight up hotel that emphasizes on good and swift service with the city day tripper in mind.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
JohnnyChiang, Assistant Manager at Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guests,

Warmest greetings from the Dandy Hotel-Daan branch!

Johnny Chiang
Assistant Manager, Dandy Hotel - DAAN Park Branch
Toowoomba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I have spent a few days in late February 2014 at this hotel. I read before I left that it had a renovation recently completed. The staff were extremely helpful and the room was above expectations. The pictures on the home page are very accurate

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback on your most recent stay at the Dandy Hotel - DAAN Park Branch. We are so pleased to hear that our service and room exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Taiwan!

Johnny Chiang
Assistant Manager, Dandy Hotel - DAAN Park Branch

Been to Dandy Hotel - Daan Park Branch? Share your experiences!