“Great Experience! The Hotel Not To Be Missed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II

Save Saved
You added CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II to your Saves list
CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.81 Chang'an West Road, Datong District, Taipei 103, Taiwan   |
Ranked #2 of 428 hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Experience! The Hotel Not To Be Missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed a total of 6 nights in CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II. Great location as it is about 8 minutes walk to the bus/train station. Exiting from the lift, rooms at the right corner are quieter except level 7 where the laundry room is. Stayed in room 608 and there was minimal noise. Both the self-service kitchen and laundry room were quite well maintained. Great customer service! The staff were friendly, polite and helpful. Was particularly impressed with one of the staff, David, who recommended good local delights/breakfast which my friend and I really enjoyed having. Thank you David! Will definitely stay in this hotel again!

Room Tip: Exiting the lift, rooms at the right corner are quieter except level 7 where the laundry room is.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jenniferfish, 主任 Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for choosing CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service and facilities. Additionally, It's so cheerful to hear that you have mentioned David as your most memorable staffs during your stay. We will praise him for his great service. Moreover, your comment is such a great encouragement to us. We believe this main reason which making our hotel better and better once we receive every guest's feedback.

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we all sincerely looking forward to serving you in the future!

Jennifer Chen / Supervisor

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Went with my family of 4 just a couple of days ago and we had a wonderful experience at Cityinn.

Enough said about its location, I guess. Personally, what impressed me most is the quality of service we received during our stay. All staff are very well-trained and are always on alert to serve. When we asked about how to go to Ningxia market (v. near the hotel so that's another plus point), they immediately took out a map and drew the directions for us.

Cityinn does not have its own restaurant, that gives us a chance to explore its surrounding for local breakfast instead. I also really like the idea of the pantry at Cityinn. My father is a coffee junkie, the milk tea at Taiwan and 3-in-1 coffee packs simply cannit satiety his craving. However, the coffee machine at Cityinn did the trick.

Would definitely go back to Cityinn I were to visit Taiwan again!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Mr. Soh,

Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II. Thank you for taking your time to share your experience of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you and your father enjoyed our service and coffee machine. Your positive comment must be passed to our front desk staff and will be a big encouragement to them.

We would like to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Thank you so much again for your feedback.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Chose the hotel mainly due to the raving reviews (from my relatives and tripadvisor).. and it didnt let down (:

Location - 5 minutes / 10 minutes (with luggage) from the train station. Lots of eateries around the vicinity. Area is well lit thus its relatively safe to return to the hotel late at night.

Room - Stay in the most basic room for 2. Tiny but well stocked in necessities. Our room was right infront of the elevator (maybe because we made reservations late) thus it can be quite noisy when some guests make too much noise while returning to their room. Extremely clean and comfortable.

Only 1 qualm - As there isnt a wardrobe in the room, the coat hanger is right above the mirror which can be quite bothersome as I constantly need to shift our coats around (from bed to the hanger and vice versa) if I wish to use the mirror. Personally I think the empty space on the wall next to the tv (or behind the door) will be a better place for them to place the coat hanger.

Service - Top notch. Every staff was exceptionally professional and yet friendly at the same time. They are always with a ready smile and helping hand. They stepped forward to offer us an umbrella when it rained, asked if we required any help with our itinerary to make our trip smoother and more convenient, welcome us back with a warm smile after a tiring day and constantly paying attention to our needs.

A special shout-out to Lilian who assisted our check-in. She made an effort to circle out her recommendations for brekkie as we reached the hotel too early for check-in, and patiently advised us where we can spent the morning away when we were clueless at what to do. Found out what we had in mind and if it suits our preference and giving honest opinions if certain trips were worth making.

We have never made an effort to write a review for a hotel before, but we felt that the staff rightly deserve a commendation for making our stay such a pleasant one. We will definitely return to Cityinn for our future taipei trips solely for the staff ((: keep the awesome work up!

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for choosing CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II. We are truly appreciative of the detail information about our service and facilities that you willing to share. Additionally, we are glad to hear that you have mentioned Lilian as your most memorable staffs during your stay. This honor must be shared with her and motivate our team to continue to deliver a high level of service. Your comment is such a great encouragement to us.

According to the noise problem which you mentioned, we have already noted that and we will do our best to arrange a room away from elevator for you next time. Besides, we are sorry for the coat hanger is not placed conveniently. We are taking it seriously and will improve it immediately.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is a small but very nice one. Really great service and good location (close to Train station). Also very clean and comfortable. All stafff are very helpful answering my questions and provide additional advice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jenniferfish, 主任Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Ms. Yao,

Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II. Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will share this feedback with our team. Moreover.

singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I just got back from Taipei and I have to say that this hotel impressed me.

First, the location is good. It is within walking distance (5 minutes) to the train station. It is extremely convenient. Also, you can find small eateries/ good breakfast places around this area if you intend to explore it. In my opinon, the area is less commercial so there are many hidden gems. =)

Second, the service was excellent. My boyfriend bought a 'GIANT' bicycle and we were worried about bringing it back with us. However, the service staff were helpful in helping us resolve our concerns. In particular, Karen from Cityinn Hotel 2 was extremely helpful (hope she sees this message). She took the initiative to help us with our enquiries and was extremely patient (even though we probably asked tons of questions).

Last but not the least, the hotel is clean and comes equipped with a laundry room/pantry. I thought these facilities added value to my stay. I will most certainly stay at this hotel again when i visit taipei.

Side note: I also visited Taichung and would like to recommend my driver. His name is Xie Zhiming and he can be contacted at +886 937216180. He charges NT 3000 for a full day and is friendly and helpful. He is a safe driver and I enjoyed my day trip in taichung thoroughly as he fed me bits and pieces of information about taiwan.

Cheers,
C

Room Tip: I think the laundry room is on the 7th floor. Try to avoid that floor if possible. =)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jenniferfish, 主任Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Ms. Ng,

Thank you for choosing CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are so glad that you gave us such a positive feedback which must be shared with our staff especially Karen, and motivate our team to continue to deliver a high level of service.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We took the high speed rail (高鐵) from Taichung and took the same when departing to Taoyuan. It was manageable but not a pleasant walk all the way to and from the station. If it rains (which it did...), there got no roof on the way out after exit Y7 from the underground shopping area. And the road was quite bumpy. Lucky that my luggage was relatively light and easy to pull during this trip. I might not consider it again if the next time I could have more time and money to shop that my luggage would be much heavier...

The hotel room is definitely older than other boutique hotels in Taipei. There are too many options in Taipei that I don't really find anything so attractive here which might worth my revisit.

Room Tip: Probably a room away from the elevator is better as the hallway on each floor is quite narrow that e...
smiley811
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Date of stay = 16 November 2012 to 21 November 2012
No. of pax = 4 adults
Room number = 703
Room type = Family room with 2 Queen size beds

It was our first girls' only overseas trip. The 4 of us booked this family room for we anticipated plenty of shopping bags by the end of the trip and boy we were right! Each of us went back home with 4 baggages and the room was big enough to cater for that. One like for this!

We reached Taoyuan Airport at 5am and purchased a bus ticket for an airport transfer to Taipei station. Whole journey took about an hour. CityInn II is about a 15 minutes walk from Taipei station (with luggage), probably shorter if you have no heavy baggage with u.

It's a bit confusing initially for CityInn III is situated just beside CityInn II. I nearly walked into the wrong one. Luckily I have my friends with me.

We were greeted with smiles when we stepped into the hotel lobby at 7am. It was a pleasant sight. Check-in was a breeze. We enquired on their limousine service to airport on our departure date and the male staff made an outstanding observation. We saw the 4 of us and took a look at our luggages. He came to know of our purpose of this trip and then recommended us to take the 7-8 seater limousine cab instead. He said the normal 4 seater cab will not be sufficient for us. Speaking from experience ya. Great job! Double like!

Hotel room is spacious, neat and clean. There are 2 Queen sized beds with 8 pillows altogether. Bed is ultra soft and comfortable that I have difficulty getting up every morning. Bottles of mineral water and packet snacks were given every day. Even the daily necessities like toothpaste, toothbrushes, shower caps, etc are provided. If you are not picky of the things you use, just forget about bringing all these to save on your luggage space.

The hotel provides great coffee. I must have one cup every morning before I embark on my shopping trip. Its common toilet at the lobby is fantastic. Nitty gritty details are well taken care of. They even provide panty liners in the female toilet. That's another like from me!

Now comes to the service.
There is nothing to complain of. I have never experienced such extraordinary service before. The counter staff recognises you and the room number you stayed in. They will automatically hand you your room key when you come back.

On the third day of my trip, I discovered a tear in my luggage. I then went down to make a report for my insurance claim. The counter staff, Mr David, was very helpful. He helped me with the report and personally brought the letter up to my hotel room. Despite the many amendments, he was very patient with me and was always smiling. Unbelievable. Top notched customer service that I cannot get in my own country and I am not exaggerating.

I simply love Taiwan and will be back again.

Room Tip: If you want the one and only family room, you have to book early. Their rooms are available for book...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Jenniferfish, 主任 Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Ms. Shen,

Thank you for sharing your "Cityinn Experience" with other travelers on this famous website. We are truly appreciative of the detail information about our service and facilities that you willing to share. Additionally, we are glad to hear that you have mentioned David as your most memorable staffs during your stay. We will praise him for his great service.Moreover, your comment is such a great encouragement to us.

CityInn Hotel Taipei Station Branch II

Been to CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch II? Share your experiences!