“Higher class comfort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Eclat

You added Hotel Eclat to your Saves list
Hotel Eclat
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.370 Section 1, Dunhua South Road, Da'an District, Taipei 10684, Taiwan   |
Ranked #16 of 467 Hotels in Taipei
Michigan
“Higher class comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was very happy with this hotel overall. We had 2 rooms, as we traveled with our 11 and 13 yo daughters. We had adjacent rooms, very convenient. The hotel is very upscale and modern. The staff were extremely helpful and spoke English well - as we are terrible with Chinese this was a big plus! The rooms were comfortable and they have fantastic bathrooms! We had to walk to the Da'An metro, about 10-12 minutes. Easy walk, except we were there during the only true rain for several days. Area around the hotel was pleasant and we felt very safe. Everything was extremely clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jessica L, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Eclat, responded to this review, December 4, 2012

Warmest greetings!

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Eclat, Taipei and for taking your precious time to share your comments with us. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with our services and also the facilities of our guest rooms. It is always a delight to receive compliments from our guests and will be shared with all my associates.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were recommended this hotel by our "frequently travelled" firiend.
We recently (11/12) stayed in Eclat for 5 nights. Hotel has some unique art displays. It has 2 Dali scruptures. The hotel has a very homely atmoshpere with great breakfast. It is a 10-15 walk to the MRT station.
The hotel does not take "large" tour group, which is really nice!!
Wish the bathroom has more towel hangers/hooks. (only complaint)
I will definitely recommend this hotel everyone who likes an upscale stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings from the Hotel Eclat, Taipei and thank you for your thoughtfulness.

We very much appreciate your positive comments as they are important to us in providing us with a good platform to continue our focus in providing our guests with a comfortable stay and memorable experience.

Thank you and we look forward to your continuous support and confidence in our services.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

It was a once a season business trip to Taipei but this time I decided to take my wife and our almost 3 years old daughter along. A business friend recommended Hotel Eclat to me as it was just around the block from where he was, otherwise I would have taken my usually choice, the La Meridien Taipei. I was a bit worried at the beginning because it didn't look too family friendly to me, but at the end, my daughter and my wife were both very happy with Hotel Eclat.

Starting from the limo pick up service, it was perfect and relatively reasonable priced. A child seat was fitted in the S class for my daughter and free wifi in car was perfect for my business use. It was a rainy day, Three hotel staff were already waiting for us at the hotel front door with Umbrellas. One escorted us to the room and the check in was done quickly inside the room, which was good for the kid as she didn't need to wait at the lobby.

The room was very nice, not big but big enough for us three, a very comfortable bed and a cute baby cot with my daughter's favorite cartoon character's pillow and blanket. My wife and I both loved the heated toilet seat and the TV inside the toilet. One of the best shower I have seen and it was big enough to fit all of us in. Very comfortable bed and the free mini bar was a treat for my daughter as it had her favorite juice stocked. Just if they could provide one more pair of slippers for her and it would be even better.

The location wasn't the best, we had to go everywhere by taxi, but we didn't plan to walk or use the subway with a kid anyway. The lobby staff always went out of their way to get taxi for us, even under heavy rain. We enjoyed the breakfast, I never really like those big buffet breakfasts, so this kind of style fitted us better. The staff of this hotel were extremely helpful, they tried their best to meet our requests, even some very small things, they would still do the best they could. I really owe them a big thank you because they really looked after us well.

Overall, i can't say it is flawless but it is a fine small hotel with awesome people.

I think I won't need to go back to La Meridien anymore, Eclat has already won my heart.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Warmest greetings.

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Eclat, Taipei during your recent stay with your family in Taipei and for taking your precious time to share your comments with us. I am pleased to learn that you had a memorable experience and were satisfied with our services. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests.

The entire team and I sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedback so that we may serve our guests better in the near future.

Thanking you once again and warmest regards
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The Eclat is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Very modern, very comfort, superb location. The staff is caring, extremely helpful and friendly. The decoration is unique and service is generous. I will return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings and thank you for your confidence in our services.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great time and thank you for taking your time to post the encouraging reviews in regard to our services and facilities. Your support is the motivation for us to continue delivering the best of services to our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay at the Hotel Eclat, Taipei in your future trips.

Thanking you once again and warmest regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful art everywhere and lotsa high tech gadgets in the room.

Automatic curtains, free high speed wi-fi all over including the rooms, big screen tv, dvd player with free dvd rental, fancy shower, toilet bowl that can wash my bottom 10 different ways.

Great service staff and yummy breakfast.

Would definitely stay here again.

Jessica L, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Eclat, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings from the Hotel Eclat, Taipei and it was our pleasure to have you staying with us during your recent trip to Taipei.

Thank you for your encouraging comments and we are pleased to know that you were satisfied with our facilities and services. It is always a delight to receive compliments from our guests and I have shared your kind words with all my associates.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the not too distant future.

Zug, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

an excellent boutique hotel in a great location. It has real character and the rooms are really big, comfortable and welcoming. the bathroom has a lovely shower and I love the multifuction toilet! Breakfast is lovely and served in a nice relaxing atmosphere. I would absolutely recommend this hotel for business and pleasure.

Stayed November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Hotel Eclat, Taipei and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. I am pleased to know that you were satisfied with our services and location of our Hotel. it is always a delight to receive compliments from our guests and I have shared your kind words with our associates.

Thank you once again and the entire team and I sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedbacks so that we may serve our guests better in the future.

Warmest regards and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay at the Hotel Eclat, Taipei in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,
Markham, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a pleasant stay at this hotel although the room was a bit small. Loved the shower controls and top quality toiletries, And the B&O audio! Very artfully decorated. Certainly unique. A couple of suggestions: There needs to be a way of reducing the splash of the shower water to outside the stall. If the temperature of the toilet seat is not adjustable (there are many controls for the Toto toilet but not one for temperature), it should be set a little lower.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest greetings from the Hotel Eclat, Taipei and thank you for sharing various comments with us during your recent stay.

We are pleased to learn that you had enjoyed your stay and at the same time appreciate your kind comments in regard to the Shower and the Heat temperature control of the toilet seat for which I have discussed with our Chief Engineer and corrective actions will be taken immediately.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedbacks so that we may serve our guests better in the future.

Warmest regards and we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Hotel Eclat? Share your experiences!