“Great hotel in taipei” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 73

You added Hotel 73 to your Saves list
Hotel 73
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.73 Section 2, Sinyi Road, Jhongjheng District, Taipei 100, Taiwan   |
Ranked #14 of 467 Hotels in Taipei
perth
“Great hotel in taipei”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed here for one week during October 2013 and found this hotel to be a great choice. Rooms were very cheap and comfortable, and the hotel is located a few minutes from Dongmen station making getting around via the MRT very convenient. If you don't feel like taking the train, the hotel is located very close to Yongkan street which has the original Din Tai Fung, and plenty of cheap and authentic Taiwanese eateries. The receptionists on duty especially Maggie and Cathleen were very helpful and polite and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Jenniferfish, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear eugenelee7,

Thank you for your recent comment on tripadvisor. We are deeply appreciated. Additionally, it's so cheerful to hear that you have mentioned Maggie and Cathleen as your most memorable staff during your stay. I will bring your comment to them and I believe that this will be a big encouragement to our team members.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we are all sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Hotel 73 Taipei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was a great experience. I called them before I arrived for information about transportation from airport to hotel because our flight arrived at midnight. The staff was very helpful that she arranged a limousine service for us on arrival (1300NTD for late night service). Reasons we chose this hotel were its location, value and also its trendy design. From airport to hotel only took about 40 minutes and only 5 minute walk to MRT station, very convenient to get around town. And it's only 10 minute walk to YongKan street where there are lots of restaurants and shops. All staffs were very friendly and helpful. On day 2, we were deciding on either we go to Miaoli or Yilan and the staff found a lot of information about both places and how to get there. It also includes breakfast which had a good variety of food to choose from. The room was clean but a bit small, we had to close our suitcases in order to have room to walk around. Another service might worth mentioning is that they offered 24 hour laundry room, good for some backpackers. I would definitely stay at this hotel again next time I go to Taipei.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear HY37,

Warmest greetings from hotel 73. We are truly appreciative of the description from your experience with us and it’s so cheerful to hear that you were satisfied with our location, staff service, breakfast as well as the 24 hour laundry room. Your positive comment will be passed on to our team.

Thank you for staying at Hotel 73 again. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit!

fontenay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

we had a very good stay in this hotel. the staff is extremely attentive to the needs of customers. every day we asked at the reception desk to write to us in Chinese ( for taxi drivers) on our book guide, site address that we would visit. However, two points should be noted about the hotel, it is particularly suitable for short stays, because storage is almost non-existent and the rooms are not very big.
we recommend the hotel.
We are from France, Isabelle and Georges

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Helen_Chen, Deputy Manager at Hotel 73, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Isabella & George,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind review of Hotel 73 on Tripadvisor.

We are more than happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel. Should an opportunity bring you back to Taipei, we would be happy to welcome you back again in Hotel 73.

The team here at Hotel 73 sends you our warmest regards!

Helen Chen
Deputy Manager
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was truly impressed by Hotel 73, its staff and the services provided during our 4 day stay in Taipei. Online booking, check-in and check-out went out fast and smoothly. Our Elite room was modern, super clean and big enough for two adults. It even had one big window in the bathroom! My only complain would be that the walls are rather thin but we were lucky to be in a room with quiet neighbors ;) so we had no problem to sleep. The breakfast (included in the price of the room) is a nice mix between Asian and Western choices, like pancakes. The location is good too, 2 minutes from Dongmen MRT station where you can find Yongkang Street filled with restaurants and nice little boutiques. The original Din Tai Fung branch, famous for its xiaolongbao, is also a little walk away (tip: show up around 8/8:30pm, the lines will be much shorter then).

But what really set Hotel 73 apart is customer service. It was always a pleasure to come back to the hotel after a full sightseeing day.The staff is extremely polite and always available to help you. Because we had a very early departure flight from Taipei we booked the limousine service from the hotel (price 990NTD) and also the driver was very professional.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I return to Taipei!

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear verolebel,

Thank you for choosing Hotel 73 for your holiday with your partner and taking the time to share your positive feedback with TripAdvisor readers.

We are glad to read that you all had a goof time here.Your positive comments about hotel staff service and variety free breakfast will be relayed to all team members .

Once again thank you for choosing Hotel 73 and we look forward to welcoming you again for your next trip.

Best regards,

Helen Chen
Deputy Manager
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I planned to stay at CityInn but it was fully booked.. So I looked for hotels under the same group with similar price. After comparing the price and location, I picked Hotel 73. Honestly, my selection is also based on the trendy design. I am not disappointed. The location is good. After arriving to Taipei Station by airport bus, I took a taxi to the hotel since I had a luggage. It was a short ride and cost 100 TWD. Staffs were friendly and I love the lobby, it has almost every information that a traveler needs. Room is in good size and clean. I can also access to the 24 hours laundry room if I need to, it’s free. Breakfast is included. Like other reviewers mentioned, this hotel is very closed to the MRT. Also, it is very closed to YongKang Street where you can find shops, restaurants and some great dessert places. It took me about 5-10 mins by walking. With this price, I don’t think I can complain anything except the wi-fi, the signal was not too stable in my room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hotel73Taipei, surpervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Valued guest

Thank you for choosing hotel 73 and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel amenities and service. Your positive comment will be passed on to our team. I'm sure this will be a big encouragement to them.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we are all sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back to hotel 73 in the near future!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Finally the MRT is in operational; less than 50-steps is the 东門 MRT and is easily accessible to other MRT. Room is as usual comfortable and clean. Basic toiletries are available in the room. WIFI is good. Local transport is right at the hotel door steps and the noise is well contained and never disturb your rest. 7-eleven and Starbucks is by the side. 永康街 is 200m away. Experience the local day market which is beside the hotel. Hotel employees are extremely friendly and helpful. They anticipate to your need. I also found the room has safe box now. Well done. Free laundry service available. Thanks for the tomato bread; well done and stay that way chef. Breakfast is good but can be better if have more variety. Suggest having a notice board at lobby for hotel guest to comment their trip at various areas of interest. Suggest having a U-bike station near your hotel. Suggest Bluetooth speaker in the room just like SWIIO HOTEL. Thank you and I will be back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear sarrono,

Thank you for staying at the Hotel 73 and taking your time to share your valuable comments with us. We are so glad to know that you enjoyed our services and the facilities. The entire team and I sincerely appreciate your encouragements and many suggestions so that we may serve our guests better.

Thank you once again and warmest regards

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

About 2 minutes walk from the MRT station (use exit 1 or 2). Lots of shops within easy walking distance. I loved that it was so close to the MRT - which is a fantastic way to get around Taipei. I don't normally use trains - but the MRT was clean, easy, safe and air conditioned and I used Hotel 73 as my base to travel around the city for two days (get the unlimited train travel for TW150/day).

Staff were excellent. Excellent customer service in hotels seems to be normal in Taipei. There is also a computer/printer near reception if you need it. WiFi in rooms. Breakfast was very good, included in the room price.

The downside - the room was small. The bed was a double bed, which took up most of the room. There was one chair. One of us had to sit on the bed if we were in the room together. There was no other space in the room. Bathroom was quite spacious and modern.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again if I return to Taipei. It is a great location, lots of shops nearby, the staff are excellent, the rooms are very good - although very small (which is why I rated the room and sleep quality as average). The room cost was $90AUD per night. I would definitely pay additional for a larger room next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnnyChiang, Supervisor at Hotel 73, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Peter S,

I would like to express our heartily thanks for your comments. We are pleased to know that you had a good time with us.

We’re pleased that you chose the Hotel 73, and we look forward to the opportunity and the pleasure of serving you once again in the near future.

Best regards,

Johnny Chiang, Supervisor
Hotel 73, Taipei

Been to Hotel 73? Share your experiences!