“Tiny rooms but well designed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I

You added CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I to your Saves list
CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.7 Huaining Street, Zhongzheng Distrist, Taipei 100, Taiwan   |
Offers & Announcements
TWD1,920 (TWD)
Ranked #10 of 447 Hotels in Taipei
4.5 of 5 stars 342 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
“Tiny rooms but well designed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was quite shocked at how small the room was when I first arrived but it turned out to be well designed despite being so compact. There was room for my suitcase, to hang clothes and put things in the bathroom. The beds are just mattresses on the floor but comfortable. There was no safe with the room.

The desk area with a teeny chair, however, was not very useful. In order to do some work I had to sit on the bed which was not a comfortable position to work from for very long. There was a huge TV which was sometimes hard not to knock into. There were about 20 channels available but all local TV and nothing in English.

The aircon was good but the room always smelled damp. The room faced straight onto Huailaing St but being 5 floors up was not too loud. The bathroom had a great rain shower and decent toiletries.

Staff were helpful and polite. The lobby areas also had interesting decoration. Everything was clean and bright. There is a convenience store with an ATM right under the hotel,a starbucks and a better local coffee shop across the street and it’s a short walk to many other shops, food stalls and the park.

Getting from the airport bus was not as easy as the hotel website would have you believe. You need to go through the main station, along the underground mall and exit at Z6 or Z8. However, there are only steps (and a lot of them) to exit at the ‘Z’s so a better option if you have heavy luggage is to stay on the street level at Taipei Main and use the pedestrian crossings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
CCCWayne, 主任/Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for choosing CityInn Hotel 1.

Thank you for the detailed review of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I . We are pleased that you found our services satisfactory.

Your kindly suggestions would be great motivation for improvements in our business.

Regards,
Wayne Chang
CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is amazing! Super clean, I mean like surgical in the bathroom. New, shiny, modern chrome fixtures. Comfortable bed, large flat panel TV with several English channels, unlocked WiFi in the room, free water and snacks in the room! Modern decorating in the lounge/hallway on each floor. Fantastic location less than 2 blocks to Taipei Main Station for train and the MRT (subway). Starbucks coffee across the street, literally. Mitsukoshi department store and McDonalds 1 block away for those with other interests. Half a block to the bus station for the International airport ($125NTD, frequent departures) and other destinations. The desk staff all spoke English well and were super friendly and helpful. They had maps and advice on visiting the Nat'l Palace Museum ($160NTD), Chiang Kai-Shek Museum and Taipei 101 ($450NTD). Reserved through Booking.com we paid less than $75USD per night. When it came time for our early, early departure, they booked a car service for us to the Int'l Airport for $1,000NTD. We are SO GLAD we stayed here during our visit to Taipei!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CCCWayne, 主任/Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch 1 and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service and facilities and location. We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home.

once again, we thank you for coming and giving us your comments, we are hoping that we can serve you in the near future.

Wayne Chang
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We just came back from Taipei and couldn't wait to share our terrific experience in CityInn taipei main station branch 1. We stayed for 4 nights and found that the hotel really suits to our needs. When we first arrived in Taiwan it was almost midnight and our transportation was already there to fetch us to the hotel prior to earlier arrangement for the transport. We were greeted warmly by the hotel staffs and the check in procedure was very fast. Although the hotel was small but the amnesties and services were excellent. The bed is very comfortable and the shower was strong. At the second floor there is a pantry that providse free flow of drinks such as coffee, iced milk tea and ice lemon tea. Laundry room was available for their customers to use for free. weighing scale for luggage was available at 2nd floor too. We love the free snacks provided in the room while we enjoy bluray quality movies in the room. We were impressed by the staffs who can remember our names and greeted us warmly every morning. The location was great too as it is located opposite of taipei west bus station and the nearest mrt exit m6 is less than 5 mins walk away. There are plenty of food stalls available opposite the hotel so there is no problem finding food for breakfast.
We do hope that in the future the hotel provides a safe box in every room and a bidet in the toilet.
Nonetheless, we really enjoy our stay in City Inn taipei main station branch 1 and no doubt coming back again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CCCWayne, 主任//Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I ! Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our service.

Your comments will be shared with our staffs.

Thank you once again for your kind compliments, we look forward to more of your valuable comments and visits in the future.

Yours Faithfully,

Wayne Chang /Supervisor
CityInn Hotel Taipei Station Branch I
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

First of all, this hotel is super near the TP Main Station. It's just minutes away from the underground mall which has lots of shopping places and things to eat.

Staff of the hotel are really friendly. One lady even drew a map for me and gave me alternatives to some of the shops i wanted to visit! Her recommendations were great too!
As we stayed for 6 nights, they gave us souvenirs and a hand-written card to thank us for our stay! As we visited during the rainy season, brollies were provided FOC.

The only downside was that sometimes the room was not cleaned despite us requesting for it before we left the hotel.

There are some amazing food stalls nearby, esp the one right opposite the hotel, serving wanton mee. Try the dry version, the place might look run down but the wanton mee packed a punch!

There's a book street real near where you can find tons of books at cheap prices too.
Will definitely visit this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Harris961, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear guest,
We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay here. I am pleased to know that you are satisfied of our services. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests and I have shared your kind words with all staffs.
Wish you a world of happiness and joy for years to come! Should you visit Taipei again for business or leisure, or even a anniversary celebration, please do not hesitate to let us know!
We look forward to your return in the future!

Akita, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at the CityInn Hotel for four nights in September 2013 on a business trip. It is a very comfortable business hotel which is conveniently located a few minutes away from Taipei Main Station. The staff are very friendly and speak good English. I received a phone call prior to my arrival in Taipei with instructions on how to get to the hotel from the airport which was very helpful. During my stay I also had some inquiries about libraries and archives in Taipei and received very helpful advice from the hotel staff.
The hotel itself is very clean and comfortable. Rooms are clean and well maintained; VOD is available free of charge. On the second floor there is a washing machine and milk tea is provided free of charge. There are also plenty of magazines available so you can get all updates about cultural life and dining in Taipei. I can absolutely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear valued guest,

Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I ! Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us. . We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service and facilities and location. We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home.

Your comments will be share with our staffs.

Thank you again for this comment. We all look forward to your stay on your next trip to Taipei.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Based on a friend's advice I booked to stay at this hotel for the first time. It wasn't made on blind faith though. The hotel's location is very central, a five-minute walk from the Taipei bus station and a few minutes more to the Taipei Main Station (trains). Also, I know there's food and shopping galore in this area.

The hotel more than impressed. A budget boutique hotel (SGD 93 a night, no breakfast) it is small, quiet and very clean.

The reception staff, made up of young people, are very friendly and helpful with advices. One of the best that I've encountered in my years of travel.

The room:
12. LCD tv monitor with free VOD

Bathroom:
1. Large
2. Powerful rain shower
3. Mouthwash, tooth brush kits, shaving kit, soap, shower cream, shampoo, hair moisturiser, body lotion are provided free of charge

On the 2nd floor, there's a kitchenette where there's hot and cold water, a freshly brewed coffee machine, milk tea and ice lemon tea dispenser and a microwave oven. All FOC.

There's also a laundromat with dryers and you can use them free of charge!

Newspapers are also foc and available at the reception counter.

Just outside this hotel are convenience stores, local food places, Starbucks, KFC etc.

This is one hotel that gets my vote anytime.

• Stayed September 2013
Harris961, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, September 24, 2013

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is very close to the high speed rail (5 mins walk) and right across a big shopping center. There are lots of restaurants close by. The staff were very friendly and greeted us each time with a nice smile. The room was small, but very clean and modern. The bathroom was nicely done, with all the necessary amenities provided. I have a wonderful experience there.
However, the room I had was facing the road, and it could get a bit noisy at night. I guess that's the downside of staying in a hotel that is situated at the heart of a busy city.
The overall experience was great, I will definitely stay there again, plus it's in a safe neighbourhood.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review after your stay at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I . We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service and facilities. We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home.

Your comments will be share with our staffs.

CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I

Been to CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I? Share your experiences!