“Delightful Hotel with Great Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I

Save Saved
You added CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I to your Saves list
CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.7 Huaining Street, Zhongzheng Distrist, Taipei 100, Taiwan   |
Ranked #7 of 428 hotels in Taipei
Singapore, Singapore
“Delightful Hotel with Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in a deluxe room in April.

What I like about it?
1) Clean & functional room
2) Well-equipped pantry & laundrette (FOC)
3) Good location
a) few minutes to Taipei Main Station via Exit Z6, a well-connected train station
(bus, normal train, MRT & HSR)
b) surrounded by eateries including top beef noodle shop - Chef Hung Taiwan Beef Noodle
c) minutes to shopping malls like Shin Kong Mitsukoshi (basement 2 a good place to buy pineapple tarts and other Taiwan products)
4) Great service by front office staff
a) eager to assist
b) full of smile & polite
c) knowledgable about attractions and eating places

What can be improved?
1) Soundproofing between room
(You can hear alarm going off & chats in nearby rooms)
2) Bigger lobby
(Difficult to get in & out when crowded with people and luggage)

All in all a wonderful stay and would recommend to other travellers who want value for money in an accessible location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
新驛旅店台北市, 經理 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch 1 and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service and facilities and location. We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home.

Thank you for you suggestions Your kindly suggestions would be great motivation for improvements in our business.

once again, we thank you for coming and giving us your comments, we are hoping that we can serve you in the near future.

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Service was the best i've experienced anywhere. Staff was very friendly, and enthusiastic to share their knowledge and recommendations on food and getting around.

They offer pickup and sending off service from the airport for 1000ntd, just enquire with them.

Stayed in a twin room that was kind of modern japanese style, with the mattresses laid on the wooden raised platform directly, and tv hanging from the ceiling.

Bathroom was not huge, but sufficient. Well equipped with hairdryer and wall socket for shaver. The expendable items such as bedroom slippers, towels, toothbrushes, etc were replaced everyday.

Location was probably the best, few minutes walk to the MRT, Train, High Speed Rail as well as bus terminals. There is a IT mall called Nova in the same building, but you gotta enter from the other side of the building.
Next to the hotel building was a Shinkong departmental store mall, with many many levels of (expensive) goods and a food court in B1 plus supermarket in B2.
Next to Shinkong you get another IT mall, Wutu Akiba IT mall, although this one seems to have some other stuff inside - Gundam Base Taipei (full of Gundams!), Daiso, etc.
There are also lots of food around the area, including an eat-all-you-can type mongolian buffet, convenience stores, McD's, beef noodles.

Special mention for Miffy, whose maps and recommendations helped us out alot on the way!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review after your stay at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I . We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service and facilities. We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home.

Your comments will be share with our staffs.

Thank you again for this comment. We all look forward to your stay on your next trip to Taipei.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

他们的热情好客感动了我们, 非常谢谢.
We are touched by the great hospitality of the hotel staff. The room is small, but clean. Hotel comes with WiFi, and a pantry with water dispenser, coffee machine and a fridge. It has a laundry facility. I would recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch 1 and taking your precious time to share a review with us. We are so delighted that you were satisfied with our service and facilities. We truly hope our honest and warmest customer service could make you feel like staying at home.

Warm Regards,
新驛旅店 - 台北車站一館
Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've stayed in three different hotels in Taiwan over my 8-day trip, by far this is the best. It has everything you needed for the price you pay. I was assigned to the twin room located on 1st floor, with big windows overlooking the streets below (I hate rooms without windows); and it's a pleasure seeing the rain and the bustling crowds. The sound proofing was quite satisfactory, contrary to what I've read here before. I was happy with the window that can be opened and let the cool air in (it was quite cooling during my stay, 16~18 degC after night falls). And not forgetting to mention there's even a retractable mosquito netting on the window!
There's also self service laundry and dryer available on 1st floor, and it was a pleasant surprise.
Location's good, easy access, pleasant staff (though a bit crowded at lobby, it's no big deal since everywhere in Taipei is crowded and small spaced).
Definitely worth staying here again or other CityInn's branches if there's any next visit to Taiwan.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
新驛旅店台北市, 經理 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much again for your feedback and encouragement. Wish you have a nice day and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch 1 in the near future!

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night.
Location is great, 5 min walk to Taipei long-distance bus station, 8 min walk to Taipei Train station and 15 min walk to Taipei MRT station.
The room is small, difficult to walk after opening the luggage. Lucky that the bathroom is big enough.
FREE Wifi is good and fast.
There is a noodle shop opposite the hotel and will be a good place for late night meal. It operates until 1 am.
Although no breakfast is provided, there are few small restaurants opposite of the hotel that offer quick meal. Easy to find a place for breakfast.
A convenience store is just next to the hotel, convenient to the hotel guests.
Recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
新驛旅店台北市, 經理 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Cheers and good day..Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. We take great exception in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable when they’re away from home.

Regarding to the room is small and difficult to walk after opening the luggage. we are strongly considering your idea, and will report it to our management for further actions.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great location, juz 5-10 mins to the MRT. We arrived TPE on saturday and banks are closed. luckily, the hotel (though it seem small) provided currency exchange for HKD and the rate is good. Though room is small n without windows, but it's well organized. And it wont matter much, as visitors are normally having fun in the nightlife here and wont be returning the hotel too early. The location here really prevails in this regard. I'll definitely visit again in our next trip! But it's very popular, so book early!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our personalized customer service.

We look forward to more of your valuable comments and visits in the future.

Warm Regards,
新驛旅店 - 台北車站一館
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is an example of an excellent hotel in the eyes of the guest!

I stayed here for 5 nights, and from the moment I entered till the moment I checked out everything was great.

Check In was nice and fast, young guy was knowledgable and spoke very good english.

Room was well appointed, and everything is included- shaver, soap, toothbrush, mouthwash, WiFi, tea/ coffee, bottle water, chips/crisps snacks and even Blu Ray movies on the tv are included.

Bathroom has a rainfall shower which is awesome.

Room was serviced daily and the front desk staff were always gracious and courteous. In particular Miffy, Cindy and Catherine were seemingly always working and had very bright smiles
and warm welcomes!

Taxis are so cheap in the city- make sure you take out the Hotel Address card which will help you get home- every taxi driver found the hotel very easily. It is just around the corner from the main station which means you can get the underground trains anywhere and everywhere.

There is a family mart located in the lobby, and macdonalds and burger king just down the road.

I reccommend this hotel to anyone heading to Taipei!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
新驛旅店台北市, 業者 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Cameron

Warmest greetings from CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I ! Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our service.

Your comments will be shared with our staffs.

Thank you once again for your kind compliments, we look forward to more of your valuable comments and visits in the future.

CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I

Been to CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch I? Share your experiences!