“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

George Town, Malaysia
13 attraction reviews
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

A must try adventure! When weather permits. This company has a good track record emphasizing on quality and safety of the activity. Since the Dec weather was unpredictable, we were told there would be a delay in our schedule. Excited when given the green light after an hour half. It was a beautiful amazing experience to soar high above Lake Phewa surrounded by Annapurna mountains. Worth it and would fly again in a jiffy lol.

Kathmandu, Nepal
“Adventure Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I was deciding whether I wanted to do the Zipflyer or to try out Paragliding, since I only had a budget for either one. The adventurous in me decided to go for Paragliding since it seemed more thrilling. In Lakeside, there are many agencies that would offer daily paragliding flights at different rates. My friend and I decided to go for Sunrise Paragliding, since it had a more reputable name, and it had a nice shop compared to most.

For the price I paid, I was able to get free transport from the lakeside to the take off site and back to the lakeside again after the flight. For a first time, I was apprehensive and didn't really know what to expect, but my pilot was very very very friendly and extremely warm in that he made me feel safe and assured of my life HAHAHA. He did well to explain to me the basic knowledge about paragliding and what to expect and how to do things right to make take off effective, even for the landing.

I recommend looking and requesting for ROBIN GURUNG for your pilot. He would ask you how you are during the flight and he would talk to you to make you feel comfortable, and he would make you feel safe all the time, explaining the ins and outs of paragliding.

For first timers, 30minutes is just right. 1hour would be took long.

I would do it again a second time when I go back to Pokhara!

Honolulu
26 attraction reviews
“Phenomenal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

One of the best experiences of my life. Professional and experienced instructors, hotel pick up and the paraglide experience itself is worth every penny. Vimal was my guide, highly recommended.

Unfortunately I was unable to do the one hour long distance flight with aerobatics due to weather conditions, though at just thirty dollars more I would certainly recommend it. Instead I did the half hour flight and the balance of my money was promptly refunded upon returning to the shop. Also, I forgot my ipad there after leaving the shop and to my pleasure it was still there when I got back.

Highly recommended, highlight of my trip to Nepal.

Healy
“Tops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Friendly, safe, convinient and professional. We had a Wonderful time flying with the Himalaya's in the background.

Sydney, Australia
“Just do it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My partner really wanted to go paragliding on our visit to Pokhara in Nepal. As a nervous flyer, I was not quite so sure about this idea and said I would 'see how I felt' when viewing operations in person. Every day, from Lakeside in Pokhara you will see many, many paragliders circling around Sarangkot and gently dropping toward the ground, starting from 10 am in the morning to later in the afternoon. The sheer number of paragliders in the air at a time is a little unnerving but it looked so amazing to be flying in front of the Annapurna Range so I agreed to visit a paragliding office to look at booking in.

After selecting Sunrise Paragliding as the company of choice, we visited their office where fortunately, we were able to secure a booking leaving half an hour later because of a cancellation - we were very fortunate! It is generally advised that you book at least a day or two in advance, but having a slot with little waiting time meant there was no opportunity for cold feet!

Well - from the moment we met our pilots, I was put at great ease. This is a highly professional company from the receptionist who books you in to the guys you fly to Earth with! In fact, the drive up to Sarangkot is the most dangerous part of the whole operation!

My pilot, Milan, was very helpful and did a great job of calming my nerves. When you get to the launch pad, you get hooked up with all the necessary harnesses and then attached to your pilot with the chute unfurled behind. You wait for a good wind and then - wooo - you soar off like a bird (no freefall jump or anything like that).

Our flight lasted a good 30 mins and conditions were reportedly amazing on the day we did our jump. I landed back to Earth first, in enough time to see my boyfriend come spiralling down with amazing acrobatics performed by his pilot Frederic. His stomach held, albeit just!

I would highly recommend Sunrise. They are consummate professionals with a passion for what they do. A lot of other operators are popping up along Lakeside but if you want to go with a company who you can trust, choose Sunrise. You won't regret it!