“Great Family Run Hotel in Lakeside (Baidam)” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Global Inn to your Saves list
Hotel Global Inn
Lake Side, Barahi Path, Pokhara-6, Pokhara 00977, Nepal   |
Ranked #16 of 220 Pokhara B&B and Inns
“Great Family Run Hotel in Lakeside (Baidam)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We are generally budget travelers and it was a real treat to stay at Global Inn. The room was beautiful, the shower consistently hot, the breakfast tasty, and the staff friendly and knowledgeable. There are nice little eating and hangout areas on the porch hallways. It is hard to say anything critical about this place. Ok, here is something - you can see the mountains from the roof top but there are no seats. But hey, who needs seats when you are staring at some of the most impressive mountains in the world.

All and all, this was the best hotel that we have stayed at in Nepal so far.

Room Tip: The rooms in front have a nice little balcony but less direct sun.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and it was just as the hotel was opening. The service was great and Shekhar was a great host. This hotel is on a secluded street but within a very short walk to all of the restraints and nightlife in the city.there were no phones in the room but the showers were hot and the wifi was very good. The staff was always around to assist in any of your needs.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone to anyone staying in the area, one nite or a couple of weeks.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Global Inn for a few days before and after trekking in the Annapurna sanctuary. This bed and breakfast is an inexpensive and great option in Pokhara. It has hot water (a luxury in Nepal) and very clean rooms. Also, there's wifi available, even when the electricity is out (also a plus since power shortages are part of daily life during the dry season). The most fantastic feature of Global Inn is its staff. Shekhar, the owner, is an impressive hotel manager. Whatever you need, Shekhar will arrange it quickly, economically and cheerfully. That goes for everything from dining and shopping to exchange rates and travel deals. I've travelled extensively, and I have rarely encountered a hotel manager this on top of the business. More importantly, he, his family and the rest of the staff are extremely kind and make you feel at home.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The hotel have a great consistent hot water either early morning at 6am or at night.

The bathroom is clean and have a good view of snow mountain and balcony.

It is just a 5 minutes walk to Pokhara lake, money changer, restaurant, etc.

If ever need a travel advise to any Nepal tourist destination, Shekar can be the best guy to advise u in the best cost. Most important is safety.

Would stay again on my next visit

• Stayed January 2013
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We remembered Shekhar Pageni as the excellent manager of Giri Guesthouse, already back in 2008. Since then, he decided to build his own hotel. It was completed in september 2011.

Hotel Global Inn has 3 floors with approximately 16 rooms. They are quiet, clean and well maintained, Some of them are fitted with TV and/or a balcony. Thick boxspring matrasses guarantee a good night's sleep. The attached bathrooms are spotless, with a hot shower in the true sense. To top it off, Shekhar is a very kind and professional host with loads of experience.

Lakeside-Pokhara has numerous hotels and guesthouses, but it will be very hard to find one with equal value for money. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the front side of the hotel (rooms 201, 202, 301 or 302) for maximum tranquili...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I learned of Hotel Global Inn while on a white water rafting trip which came highly recommended by fellow travelers. I learned this is the second location of HGI, owned and operated by fantastic hosts, Shenkar and Goma, who have loyal patrons of 20+ years. That says a lot. This location was built a year ago, so it is fresh, clean, modern and in a great location in lakeside. This was my third trip through Pokhara, and was pleasantly surprised to find this gem (Literally steps away from another hotel I stayed at which was 5x the price).

I made arrangements to arrive in the middle of the night, arriving on the night bus from Lumbini. Shenkar was there to greet me at his gate. Upon waking a few hours later, I discovered I left a bag on the bus. I rushed to advise Shenkar. I’m sure he was saying “no chance, in heck, lady” under his breath, yet, with calm and patience, he accompanied me down to the public bus station to begin the reconnaissance. As luck would have it, the bus owner was on the bus the previous night, remembered me and phoned the driver who was already enroute back to Lumbini. They located my bag, put it on a returning bus and a few hours later, I had it back. I would not be sharing this unless I had the utmost respect for Shenkar taking time out of his day to assist, interpret and make all these arrangements on my behalf. I am forever thankful as the bag contained my broken camera with a memory card of the first half of my trip!

Once back at the hotel, I got to appreciate the large room I was in, the modern bathroom, hot showers and free wifi. It had a choice of a small front private balcony, or a small settee on the side entrance to the room. I chose to sit here while enjoying breakfast and the beautiful, unobstructed views of Annapurna and their organic garden. It was also a great opportunity to meet other guests. The location is close walking distance to central lakeside, yet far enough away from the noise of the main street. Other travelers that I met chose to change hotels and stay here. Always important to pay it forward! I split my time staying at Hotel Global Inn and a home stay in a rural village - so was thankful they were able to store my main luggage.

Shenkar was great at recommending and arranging a variety of activities: Sunrise at Sarangkot and Peace Pagoda, paragliding, return flight to Katmandu, etc. I also really appreciated the drivers he arranged.....nice, kind gentlemen. Not wanting to waste my time shopping, I asked for recommendations of where to buy certain items and his suggestions were great! and in some cases, he negotiated for me! Especially memorable was sari shopping with Goma and him. This man has incredible and impeccable patience!!! I am also thankful to Goma for teaching me how how to wear my sari!

I truly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Global Inn and would stay here again in a heartbeat. The level of customer service and attentiveness was outstanding. I considered it my home away from home, and by the time I left, felt like part of the family. Namaste, til we meet again!

Room Tip: Request a room with a front balcony. Higher floors have an enhanced view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I fell during my trek and required stitches when we returned to Pohkara. Shekhar, the owner, jumped into the cab with us, stayed at the hospital and even made sure the fees were correct. Even without such an emergency, you can count on amazing hospitality, his wonderful wife Goma and his family will make your stay everything you were hoping for. A word of advice...if you are trying to figure out where to go trekking, hiring a guide etc...don't even think about it. Contact Shekhar and he will set up everything in the best way possible and at a completely fair price. Pokhara is a really fun place so you will want to have an extra day or two to enjoy. Happy Trails!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Global Inn? Share your experiences!