“Nice Hotel near to the Lake in Pokhara...” 4 of 5 stars

Temple Tree Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Gaurighat, Lakeside 6, Pokhara, Nepal   |
Ranked #10 of 74 Hotels in Pokhara
London
“Nice Hotel near to the Lake in Pokhara...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights before starting a Himalayan Trek. This is a nice hotel, good rooms with some Nepalese character. Buffet dinners and breakfast were fine, and has a nice bar for pre-dinner drinks and bar snacks if you prefer. Staff very friendly and helpful. Not centrally located in the Lakeside area, but very pleasant. Please note that NONE of the rooms in this hotel have a mountain view from your room (staff told us this also as we wanted a mountain view!). There is a n nice swimming pool, but in April, it was icy cold hence not used very much. Feel free to contact me if you have any particular questions about staying here and I'll try and help answer. Spa service was not the best ever and I could not recommend using the spa I'm afraid.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a mountain view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KrishnaAcharya, Resident Manager at Temple Tree Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Temple Tree thanks you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We want you to know that we have appreciated your stay with us . Your reviews has helped us improve for the better services and we value your comments. We also apologize that you had to experience bit problem in spa so, we will also definitely work on this matter too. We look forward to host you in future.

Your's Sincerely
Krishna Acharya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

After a quite long trek into Mustang (fantastic place, by the way) we made ourselves a gift and booked 2 nights at Temple Tree. We took a complete rest availing of the gorgeous swimming pool and the spa treatments. The hotel is very quiet and its simple beauty is in starch contrast with the rest of the city landscape. Buffet was plenty and tasty. Lake is a few steps away so are shops and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Temple Tree appreciates for giving your valuable time on reviewing us, we are also delighted that you had a pleasant stay in our resort and we value your comments. We hope to serve you in future.

Your's Sincerely
Zermatt, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

After spending our first night in Pokhara at the Shanggri-La, we were lucky our tour operator was able to find us a room here at the Temple Tree Hotel. The staff is very friendly and professional, the rooms are not very big, but of suffice not size with excellent air condition and modern bathrooms. Also there is free WiFi throughout the Hotel. If We ever come back to Pokhara we would come back here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KrishnaAcharya, Resident Manager at Temple Tree Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Temple Tree and our entire staffs thanks you for taking the time to kindly review our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to host you again in the future. We strive to improve our services and your valuable comments help us in heading towards the right direction!

Belitung Island, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights together with group of friends during our Nepal trip. Since I got the name on our itinerary I checked directly the website and was impressed but pics might differ from reality.

When we arrived, the car entered a dirt side road and frankly I was affraid it was not as good as it looks in website but I was glad I was wrong.

The hotel was really an oasis after a long overland trip from Kathmandu. The welcoming was warm, the staff was polite, the garden was beautiful but what I really love was the room. It reminds me of Indian house in Arizona, earth color, calming.

The staff that helped me to book paragliding was very polite while it was almost 10.00 pm and his shift was about to over. All the receptions were helpful and also the staff in the restaurant.

I love the spa! Deep tissue massage is recommended after a long day on the road.

There is one minor problem about the laundry. I called the laundry in the morning before 9 am so I wihed I could get my laundry back in the afternoon and the staff promised to picked up but no one picked up the laundry until I returned the the afternoon.

It may not affect my thought about the place but such a thing should not happen in the first place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Temple Tree Resort & Spa thanks you for taking your valuable time on reviewing us. we are delighted and overwhelmed that you had a wonderful and memorable stay with us. We regret that you had to face a bit problem with the laundry service due to external factors,but we promise to improve on our services and strive to our best for better services in future as we value your comments.We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Pokara , Nepal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

After trekking in Annapurna its fantastic to have a day or two at this wonderful place in Pokara. The atmosfare is calm and the stuff helpful and friendly. I can recomend this place as a paradise. The spa is also good, clean and professional. The restaurant, especially lunch is wery good and the prices not bad. Nect time i comeback to Pokara i will stay longer at this place. They also have a shop with different kinds of handcraft. Ask for information about how y can understand whats original pashmina and whats not. They are wery helpful like all the other working in this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
KrishnaAcharya, Resident Manager at Temple Tree Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
Temple Tree Resort & Spa thanks you for the wonderful Review. We appriciate that you had a pleasant stay and we hope to serve you in future.
We thank you for taking your time and writing such overwhelming comments on us. We always value your comments and strive for better services in keeping you glad.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at Temple Tree on the front end of our trek. The kids loved the pool, the wide food options and the open space where they were able to explore. The rooms were comfortable although not necessarily set up for our family of 5. We paid $40 for an extra bed. The staff was helpful and readily available. The spa was great. It was nice to be a little off the beaten path, but close enough to quickly walk to the lake and restaurants. We absolutely would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,
Temple Tree Resort & Spa thanks you for your kind review of our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us to assist you in planning your entire stay in Nepal as we provide an integrated solution for your holiday needs!
Report response as inappropriate Thank you.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed 2 nights after a trek for the pool but unfortunately the water was freezing as the sun was hazy so this is probably better at a different time of the year than April. After my wonderful stay at The Chetri Sisters Guest House the food/ drinks etc seemed expensive so I did not have too much. Their billing system was a bit chaotic and I found it a bit tedious once or twice hanging round while they sorted out the paper to sign. Also personally I was disappointed by the hard beds as I was hoping for something more comfortable. That all said I thought it was a beautiful place, kept very clean. Lovely. It just lacked a personal connection for me as it is fairly busy and I did not really get to know any of the staff who were all polite but rather distant. I loved the actual Temple Tree which we overlooked and my friend had a wonderful balcony overlooking it where we sat in the evening looking at the Hotel all lit up - magical. I would definitely stay here again despite the small issues.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Temple Tree Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!