“Very nice and affordable place to stay in Pokhara” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Lake Diamond Pokhara
Lakeside 6, Pokhara, Nepal   |
Ranked #89 of 220 Pokhara B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Very nice and affordable place to stay in Pokhara”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The hotel was recommended by one of the guys who have been to Nepal many times and i'm glad it did not disappoint. The owner Mr Mankunmar and his staff was really helpful, offering to pick us up from the bus station and also letting me store my stuff while i was on my Poon Hill trek. You have to walk a little bit to get to the hotel as it is situated at the farther end of a road but that's the charm to it as it is very quiet and peaceful. It has a nice garden for you to enjoy your tea and book and also a balcony for you to chill out. When it comes to the room, me and my guide got a very clean and comfortable room, not to mentioned there's hot water but only on certain times.The hotel is getting a little bit old but most important is it is clean and you can't ask for more for the amount that you're paying. If this is your first time to Pokhara and you're not sure where to stay, i whole heartily recommend you to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Szczecin, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I loved this place for it's beautiful garden, where you can relax with a cup of chai and a good book. It has a quiet but central location and a splendid view of the mountains from rooftop terrace. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. What's more this place is not overpriced so you will not see your buget ruined even after a long stay and the a very warm welcome is guaranteed. I sincerely recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

I found the Lake Diamond through the recommendation of a friend and having stayed for a might at the end of my Annapurna trek, spent a lovely week there when I returned to Pokhara a week later. There was a nice, friendly, family atmosphere and everyone went out of their way to be helpful.
The hotel is in an ideal quiet location, just two minutes walk from the restaurants and bars of Lakeside and a minute more from the lake itself. My room was beautifully clean, as was the attached bathroom and the pretty garden and balconies were peaceful spots to sit with a cup of Nepali tea!
The owners are really helpful in advising and arranging tours and tickets (including telling you when it would be cheaper to book them elsewhere, which saved me quite a bit on an air-fare) and I wasn't surprised to meet a number of other guests who were also on return visits.
I didn't eat in the hotel that much, but the food I did have was very good - good breakfasts and proper, tasty dal bhat! I was sad to leave.

• Stayed November 2012
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed in the Lake Diamond Hotel last August with my girlfriend and and friend for 2+1 night. We have 2 double bedrooms. With 2+1 I mean that we stayed two nights when we arrived in Pokhara (Mankunmar the owner of the Hotel pick us up in the bus station) and then we went for a trek in the Annapurna region for 3 days and came back to Pokhara and stayed that night in the Lake Diamond Hotel again.
I think that the best thing about this Hotel is that you feel like you are at home, all the staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located very near the main tourist street (just 3 min walking) but far enough so it is pretty silence.
They have very good size double bedrooms with en-suite bathroom with a bath (if you've been in Nepal it might sounds wear that they have a bath but its true) although our was pretty old my friend's one was quite new.
The breakfast is not included so we did not have anything special just toast with honey and lemon tea.
The prize was very good just 5-6 euros the double bedroom (5 for my friend and 6 for me and my girlfriend).
Mankunmar also get us everything sorted for the trek, TIMS and ACAP permits, guide and porter and transport to and from where we started the trek. Also anytime you need a ride anywhere you can ask them to take you (their prize is pretty much the same as any taxi but you dont have to bargain with them).
About the food we could not tell because we didnt have any food in the hotel but the views from the roof are amazing and I guess having lunch there could've been a nice experience.
Overall a great hotel and I will go back to this hotel if I go back to Pokhara.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dhaka, Bangladesh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Hotel Lake Diamond was the first hotel we visited in Pokhara, it is a tiny beautiful hotel, & we were so tired with the journey from Kathmandu that we planned to stay at the hotel for the first day, then we'll move to any other luxurious hotel around Pokhara. But the beautiful place inside and a very good family environment made us staying at the hotel all our time in Pokhara, we enjoyed our stay at the hotel !!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Osan, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

when i travel in nepal.. i stay about 4 days.

before tracking and after tracking..

i visited this guest house after trackking because owner is very honest and kind

if u want kind.. u must choise this guest house

u will meet a good friend

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

We visited hotel Diamond with our friends (6 people - 3 rooms) before and after our small trip to Pool Hill. We can recommend this smallish pleasant hotel. Rooms are nice, with bathroom (hot water is only when sun shine of course), clean, breakfasts were very good, If you ask Mr. Mukhia, you can have very good domestic dinner. Beautifull view to mountains from terrasse during breakfast or dinner is unforgetable. Hotel is very near of centrum and Pokhara lake; good shopping, nice walking along the lake and nice places to have a rest in restaurants on the beach. Thank you Mr. Mukhia and we hope to see you again. Bye Eva and friends from Prague - Czech Republic

Room Tip: Higher floor have bigger terasses.