“First time tripadvisor has let me down” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Middle Path
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Lake Side 6 | Center Point, Pokhara 977061, Nepal   |
Ranked #2 of 63 hotels in Pokhara
London
“First time tripadvisor has let me down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Really surprised at the other reviews. I chose this place based on its tripadvisor rating but it was really disappointing. I was given a room on the top floor - in theory an upgrade but they were building next door - noisily. As happens at lot of the time in Nepal, the power was cut off - but they don't have a generator. The internet - which doesn't seem to need power to work - was working elsewhere in the hotel but didn't work in the room they gave me. They changed my room when I complained. Later, there was a noisy party going on in the garden of the hotel next door. The power cut off again thankfully which solved that. I called and asked for a candle and was told the power would be on again in 15 minutes. I asked for a wake up call - which didn't happen. On the upside, it was clean and there was a plentiful supply of hot water. Maybe people's point of view is biased from having been trekking in the Annapurna's for two weeks? Admittedly it is nicer than that but I'd bet there is somewhere better in Pokhara.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
greenpokhara, Owner at Hotel Middle Path, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hotel Middle Path Never let you down!!
Dear guest, as I read your other reviews you wrote, I would like to say you are critical guest but still thank you for review.
to be frank I was surprised for your comments. Now I am replying your review from room no. 1183 of Marina Bay Sands Hotel in Singapore. And I understand if you compare with this hotel or the hotels in your Country UK it is surely as you said. And on the same time I request you not to forget the price you paid in our Hotel and in the others. So we still have enough confidence to say we are the best among our category hotels in Pokhara. Big , Clean and bright rooms with view, plenty of hot water and all basic needs can be fulfilled but still budgeted. As for internet and Electricity are the common problems of whole Nepal. You should have studied before you visit any new country. Even in such kind of situation we are doing our best for guest convenience, and we do not provide candle because there is already 1 light in room and 1 light in Toilet 24 hours in-operation when government power is cut down and we have big generator for mainly needed time.
I think you may feel little uncomfortable because our roof room next to yours was in renovation when you stayed. If so I am sorry for the inconvenience and hope you can understand we are always thinking to improve better. After you experience other Budget hotel in India and Nepal you are still heartily WELCOME !

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Very centrally located in Lakeside, Pokhara, this little hotel truly was a refuge after the rough and tumble of the Annapurna range. With ample supply of hot water, good, clean rooms and amazingly helpful staff, you can't really go wrong.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms in the back of the hotel (towards the kitchen). Construction seems to be ha...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
greenpokhara, Owner at Hotel Middle Path, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Sir Namaste thank you very much for your nice review ! Hope to see you again.we Hotel Middle Path team is waiting your next arrival.

Best Wishes
Ramesh karki
P.R.China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

in the chinese spring festival of this feb, i visited pokhara again because of last time good impression of the city,of the view, and of the people. just after three months, middle path has made many improvements, incredible! the restaurant changed all the tables and chairs for much better quality, now all of them are thick wood, very comfortable and nice! even in the winter, the hot water is sufficient and large, mr. ramesh, the hotel owner told me he installed new sino heat pump system which is the first in pokhara. and even in the room i also found small change, the clothes hanger set is new, the bamboo hanger set which i do not like last time was replaced,haha! mr. ramesh told me he also redesigned the hotel homepage to be more professional and elegant. oh my god,! now i totally believe what mr. ramesh told me first time i stayed in his hotel. he said this was a new hotel, he will improve it gradually with heart. now it was proved true!

this time one thing i was shocked is how carefully they made big cleaning, the man even cleaned the plant leaves with wet cloth! now i understand why the bath room and bed sheets of the hotel are so clean always!

the most memorial thing is the friendly staff. i have never expected they could recognize me when i visited second time! it gave me very good sense, i was cared and remembered by them! they even asked my friend situation who traveled with me last time! suddenly i felt back home! during my four-day-stay in pokhara, i joked with them, shared chinese food with them, and had special dinner to celebrate chinese spring festival even with an australian lady guest! what a impressed chinese new year here, i will never forget in my life!

and the happiest thing is this time i lived in the super deluxury room with excellent view of fawa lake, snow mountain peak and sunrise! in the roof garden i shared my chinese tea with Netherlands guests, the beautiful lake shining like a sapphire with silent accompaniment so closely. I enjoyed the peaceful and poetic moment very much.

the only pity is i could not get the hotel room in the first day i arrived, i booked too late, the hotel was full, such a warm and heartful hotel deserves good business and i wish it is full always.

when i waved my hands to say good bye to the hotel and hotel people, i could not help crying, l wish i can live in this beautiful city and nice people more days, and next time when i come for trekking , i will visited it again for sure.

Room Tip: super deluxury room, deluxury room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
greenpokhara, Owner at Hotel Middle Path, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Min Thank you very much for your kind words and wonderful review ! We all the Hotel Middle Path team miss you and your Chinese tea! I really appreciate your tea knowledge and would like to thank you for teaching us Chinese tea. Unforgettable moments is your Best Chinese tea in Hotel's roof top with best view of Mountain and lake !!!
Yes as you noticed we every day think how we can make guest's stay comfortable and do something for improvement. We want all the guest feel Middle Path their home when they are in Pokhara, Nepal.
We are again waiting to welcome you in Hotel Middle Path when you visit Pokhara!

Very Best Wishes
Uji-shi, Kyoto, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel in February.
When you first get into the entrance, a kind lady at the reception will welcome you with winsome smile, then young boys will help you carry your stuff to your room.
All them are so friendly and never make you feel lonely even if you travel alone.

The room is clean and you can enjoy a great view of Himalaya Mountain from your room or the rooftop if the weather is good.
Of course they have wifi and hot water so that you can stay comfortably.
I recommend you to try Thupa, Nepalese soup noodle, at a restaurant of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
greenpokhara, Owner at Hotel Middle Path, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Uji San Namaste ! Genki Desuka ?
Thank you very much for nice comment. Now are you back to Japan ? Hope to see you again.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hotel Middle Path is a good quality hotel with friendly service. I stayed in a deluxe room for one night and enjoyed it very much. On the upper floors there are views of the mountains. The food is fairly priced and tasty.
Although $30 is a reasonable price for a deluxe room, there are definitely good hotels in the area which are much cheaper, so feel free to look around if you want to save.

Room Tip: The 4th floor has good views and the deluxe is nice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Christine, How are you ?
Thank you very much for your nice review. As per the cost, Cost is for service. Comparing same category hotel around us, we have installed latest Eco energy machine from overseas for Hot Water that is why you get sufficient Hot water and comparing others we have more cleaning staff and etc. Price is fixed according to Operating Cost.
You are right, according to level if one care Money there are other hotel around and I suggest as Christine and if you are looking for Safety and service, we are always ready to make your stay interesting and comfortable in Pokhara. Your comments and suggestion are very helpful.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We loved everything about this hotel. It's service and atmosphere were outstanding. Our room was warmed by the sun each day and the bathroom was so clean you could eat off the floor! Power supply was brilliantly scheduled with generator for times you really needed it! The view was awesome and the owner, Mr Ramesh and his staff will be remembered in our hearts forever! From he minute we arrived it felt like home and we extended our stay by another 3 nights and cancelled the rest of our schedule! When they smile with their hearts and greet you with Namaste they really see inside you. I don't think anyone should miss the Hotel Middle Path experience, as without it you have missed the best of Nepal!

• Stayed January 2013
greenpokhara, Owner at Hotel Middle Path, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Sam & Julia
Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review –Come back again for those extra 6 days and be assured of a warm welcome from us all,

Yours,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

From my first step inside i felt friendliness of people working there. I was told "It's your home" and during all my stay (4 nights) i could feel that. Everything is simple there, it's not a 5 star hotel, i agree with one of previous reviews, however this hotel has something more than many real 5 star hotels. People working there show true heartfelt hospitality, and when they smile you - you can feel that they do it from their hearts.
Room was small but lovely, i liked it very much as well as views from windows.
Location of hotel also is very good as it's not directly facing main road with all its noises but a bit away from it, however you can reach the road within few minutes only.
I have only warm memories about my stay in Middle Path hotel and very strong wish to come back there again...

Room Tip: Higher floor has better view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Galina
Thank you, on behalf of all the team for your wonderful review. Yes, we do aim to provide maximum service and attention to all our guests as individuals. We are and want to be best in Budget category Hotel In Pokhara.
Do come and visit us again and perhaps try other areas of Nepal too !

Very best wishes,
Ramesh karki

Been to Hotel Middle Path? Share your experiences!