“Location with a wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Lovely Mount
Lake Side 6, Pokhara, Nepal   |
Ranked #43 of 69 Hotels in Pokhara
Atlanta, Georgia
“Location with a wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had the opportunity to stay at Hotel Lovely Mount about a week ago while in Pokhara. It is an ideal location to explore the valley area. GREAT views in the morning of the majestic mountains from the rooftop area. The gardens are beautiful and a nice respite from the madcap adventures that take place farther into the tourist zone. Fewa lake is right across the street and a wonderful way to watch the locals as they go about daily life. A nice addition to this lovely hotel is that directly across from the hotel are LOCAL businesses that are incredibly helpful as well. Need a fast shave let the barber take care of it. Need water or snacks the grocery will accommodate all while adding to the local economy.

Travel agency on site takes care of all activities with very fair prices and helpful advice. For those of you in need of a cute "dog fix" Cutie the dog fills the bill. Family run and operated. Coming "home" at the end of the day was like returning to a Friends house, comfortable, warm and welcoming.

Room Tip: Ask to be awakened EARLY in the morning for a jaunt up to the rooftop for Zen like moment of the mou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Samirbaral, Owner at Hotel Lovely Mount, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
It is such an wonderful experience to be with all of the people from all around the world. This is what is possible only in hospitality industry and we feel privileged for it. We thank all of you for your wonderful compliments that you think we deserve. This is what motivates us to do better for your better experiences of your great effort of valuing our involvement.
Thank you again to those wonderful people who have appreciated our simplicity of the services.

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I have stayed in 3 hotels in Pokhara, and this was nicest of them. The Hotel is on the southern end of Lakeside, so is much quieter than other areas but still a very short walk into Central Lakeside. It's right opposite the peaceful Fewa lake and on clear mornings (like this morning), you get a stunning view of the mountains.

The room is simple but nice, well priced and clean, overall the hotel is in good condition and the staff friendly without being pushy. They responded quickly to any emails or queries. There is wifi also a nice garden. Just don't be in a hurry for your breakfast to arrive! I'd stay here again definitely.

Room Tip: Top floor if you can, then you get mountain views in the morning if the sky is clear.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Chongqing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

I recently stayed at Hotel Lovely Mount for ten days prior to and then another few days after an Annapurna Trek. This was my second time as a happy guest.

Samir, the proprietor of the hotel's travel office, helped endlessly with advice as I fine-tuned my trekking plans. He helped me choose the best porter/guide, made helpful recommendations for routing/distances to cover each day, suggested guest lodges I might find appealing, and advised me on day hikes to do while I "trained" for the big one. He even telephoned me once I was on trek to see how things were going.

Should you need a porter or guide, ask Samir to put you in touch with Jagrit. I was satisfied beyond description and amazed that this young man could you so adroitly figure out my needs as a trekker and then be present for me 100% of the time. He was never overbearing, allowed me to pace our days according to my needs and always seemed to be there when I needed something. Jagrit has integrity, patience and a gentleness that will impress even the most demanding trekkers. He's a university student, has a perceptive mind and speaks intermediate level English.

All this makes Hotel Lovely Mount my choice for a Pokhara holiday!

Room Tip: higher floors provide great views of the Annapurna Range.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

The location is perfect. Right near the lake and also the local shops, eating places and the coach stop for buses back to Kathmandu!!
Samir Baral the owner (?) is very polite and extremely helpful. I would not hesitate recommending this small but conveniently located hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

I am an Australian who was born in Nepal and I have made a number of trips there in recent years. Sometimes when I am in Pokhara I stay with family friends, but if I stay in a hotel, it is definitely Hotel Lovely Mount. The family that operate it are great, friendly, speak good english, and ensure that I always feel welcomed back - they remember from year to year! Rooms are spacious (for a budget option) and the beds are firm yet soft, with those cool silky blankets! Satellite TV here has a number of good channels with sitcoms or movies - which I've used to retreat from the hustle and bustle at times!

In the mornings there is often views of macchupucchare out the room windows :)

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Lovely Mount? Share your experiences!