“good rooms. lovely garden. a bit overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

Noble Inn
6 Lakeside, Pokhara, Nepal   |
Ranked #21 of 63 hotels in Pokhara
Hong Kong, China
“good rooms. lovely garden. a bit overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

This is where we stayed before our trek onto ABC. We reserved through internet for the pickup as well, so we were never able to get the low price other travellers say what they were getting. We paid 30USD for a suite for three. Have nothing really to complain about, though. Our bus was, as often happened, stranded for more than an hour at the outskirts of Pokhara by some demonstration. We thought our pickup would have gone by the time we arrived but to our surprise, the boss himself was still waiting there for us with his car. (We thought he was just a taxi driving touting around!) This left us a good first impression so we didn't bargain hard.

The hotel was on a side street off the main road so it's very quiet. Nevertheless to get to the main street it's just a walk of 2 or 3 mins so its location is still convenient enough. On arrival, we were truely delighted cos it was such a paradise from the night before when we stayed at a run-down hotel in KTM. The inn got a couple of buildings, with a lovely garden in between. The room was not very updated, but clean enough and the TV worked. Beds and shower were clean. The bedroom got large windows opening into the garden so the room was bright and airy. Out in the corridors there were some small balconies where one can sit down and relax.

The boss was helpful though not the typical very traveller-friendly type. Thanks to him we were able to make our trekking permit just before the office closed. Overall recommended place for stay if price not a concern.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights after being at the Meera for 2. The room had a fantastic view and was serviced daily. We were made to feel like part of the family and I would recommend it to any traveller. The rate was also reasonable for Pokhara.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

We stayed at the Noble Inn for 5 nights after our trek. We negotiated a good rate - 500 rupees including tax for a large double room with private bathroom. The room had nice views. The hotel has a lovely large garden that you can sit in and enjoy the sun and it also has small balconies that we used a lot. The hotel is in a very quiet street just off the main street in Lakeside. The owners were not the friendliest but we found the young son very helpful. We looked at all the other hotels in this street before deciding that the Noble Inn was the best value for money. It does offer breakfast and drinks but does not have a restaurant - that was fine with us as we liked to eat at different places.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Male
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

I arrived Pokhara from Kathmandu, intending to stay for a night before heading to Jomsom trek. My last trip was about 7 years back.

My hotel in KTM had booked a hotel for me, but on arrival, a guy at the bus-stand told me that hotel was booked out, and suggested that I stayed at Noble Inn. (Silly me, I should have thought of all this touts.)
The Inn was rather quiet when I arrived. The owner charged me Rs 700 even after hard bargain. (It is not worth Rs 500). The room was big, but had no view of the snow peaks that I ike to see. The bathroom was clean, large enough, but the water tap was leaking. Towel (worn out) and soap was provided.
I asked them for info of hiring a porter upon arrival in Jomsom airport (I flew in and trekked out) -- they didn't give a good reply -- may be because I didn't hire one from them?

At my return from the trek, I stayed in the Broadwalk Inn, which is located in the same alley, but closer to main road. It was much better, with Fishtail view right from my bed, and at Rs 400 only.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
Cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

We stayed here before we went trekking and when we returned. It was an enjoyable stay but we had to isnist on getting what we booked, for the price we'd agreed. We'd phoned from Kathmandu and booked a delix room, but on arrival in Pokhara we were offered a more basic alternative, which was dark and had no views. Although they said this was the only room they had available, when we threatened to leave we were miraculously offered a delux room (as per our original booking)! This said, the room we stayed in, in the main building, was large, clean, had wonderful mountain views, always had a hot shower and the bathroom was very clean. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Its a very quiet hotel, just off the main drag (up a little alley) - very central.

When we returned from Trekking, we had a similar experience - beign told the room we had booked was not avaiable - a more expensive one was avaiable. Eventually, we got the more expensive room for the price of the original room.

We would stay there again

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Noble Inn? Share your experiences!