“Good massage and good cause” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 46 activities in Pokhara
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: At the Seeing Hands clinic, massage treatments are provided by blind therapists who have been professionally trained to a high standard in Swedish and Remedial/therapeutic massage techniques by volunteers from the UK and US. Rooms are clean with comfortable beds, fresh towels and hot shower facilities. Part of the massage fee helps to support the training of more blind masseurs in Nepal.
Lnd
“Good massage and good cause”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I think it's a great organisation and a great cause. Massage was good and the therapist was receptive to the feedback, asking for suggestions, but it wasn't a 'spa type experience' and I'm glad I had sports massage rather than relaxing one - it's not a perfect place for a relaxing massage. Definitely recommend for the sports massage though!

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Tampa, FL
12 attraction reviews
“Excellent massage!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I have had millions of massages. I went to Seeing Hands twice in three days. If you are trekking or just want to relax this is the place. My legs were so sore so Saraswati, my therapist both times, would take extra care of my legs. She was attentive and wonderful. If it wasn't for her using a clock that spoke the time it was hard to tell she was blind. She told me she had been blind since birth. Vision problems are a major issue in Nepal because their typical diet is deficient in vitamin A. This organization is wonderful! Not only was the massage outstanding, the concept is beautiful. I would certainly return. If you are in Pokhara, and everyone should be in Pokhara, come here!

“Pamper yourself whilst helping others !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Great experience ,excellent massage .my body felt good and I felt great for supporting a great organization .thank u .a must when in pokhara

Sydney
133 attraction reviews
“I'm still sore”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Three days later I'm still sore. My masseur wanted to do what he wanted to do, rather than what I wanted him to do. Definitely inferior to the namesake in Kuala Lumpur

Visited October 2012
SeeingHandsNepal, Owner at Seeing Hands Clinic, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Sorry to hear that, certainly not the service we aim to provide. No excuses, we will speak to the team and remind them of the importance of listening and responding to client needs. Thanks for your honest feedback!
Dubai
9 attraction reviews
“Such a surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I don't know what I expected when I came to the Seeing Hands. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and care I recieved. My therapist Shanti was really good and well worth the experience.

Visited October 2012