“Good value in KTM” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 134 hotels in Kathmandu
Bellingham, Washington
“Good value in KTM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Two years ago, I stayed in a number of lodgings in KTM which ranged from awful to acceptable. This time, I was booked into KTM Prince Hotel and was impressed with the quality of the room for the price (including breakfast), and the friendly, helpful staff. Use of the computer is free and allows those of us without portable communication devices to stay in touch with the rest of the world. With its location at the edge of Thamel, it is much quieter than near the center of the tourist area, but only a short walk to anything a traveler may want.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Kathmandu Princ... h, Owner at Kathmandu Prince Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Sir
Namaste

It is our pleasure that we had the great opportunity to provide you our services.
We feel very glad and excited that we had added one more valuable customer in our
satisfied customer list. We are anytime ready to provide our full effort to make our customer
happy.

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just a short walk to the center of Thamel. The staff go out of their way to be helpful which is always nice in a hotel. The rooms were recently renovated and I stayed in one of the new rooms for one week.

Room Tip: Get a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kathmandu Princ... h, Owner at Kathmandu Prince Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Gary Sir
Namaste

We Kathmandu Prince Hotel Family are glad to know that one more friend is happy and satisfied with our services.As you mention we are recently renovating our all rooms and expanding our Restaurant. It will surely help us to motivate our staff as well as provide more services towards our valuable guest. We really hope to welcome you again in our hotel. Once again thanks for your judgement of our hotel.

Best Regards
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

its aug2011
We have stayed at many hotels over the years, often luxury ones with impeccable details and fantastic designs,I enjoyed having a room with balcony so I could enjoy my morning tea sitting in the sunshine and watching Kathmandu life passing by in the street below.he location is excellent~close enough to walk everywhere .staff is so god n helpful . Rooms are soo neat and clean ,,, I enjoyed my trip alot with my family ssooo mch

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Kathmandu Princ... h, Owner at Kathmandu Prince Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Prashant Sir
Namaste

Thank you very much for writing review for our Hotel. It was our pleasure that we had got opportunity to provide our services and make you satisfied. We are expecting to welcome you in near future.

Best Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Ray Dixon’s Revue of the Kathmandu Prince hotel.

If you are coming to Kathmandu and wish for accommodation at a moderate price and wish to make your stay pleasingly comfortable and trouble free I wholeheartedly recommend the Kathmandu Prince hotel. Before I came to Kathmandu I researched many reviews and from the reviews I decided to choose the Kathmandu Prince hotel as the best place to start off with firstly and then see by visual experience and inquiries where best to stay long term, … Within a week I didn’t need to, or want to look any further than the Kathmandu Prince hotel, The hotel was actually better than I expected, So very friendly and Welcoming, - Convenient, - and fulfilled more than my expectations.
The Manager Sajan and all of the hotel staff there answered every need and my requests, more than I expected, - One of the attentive and polite staff, (mostly the generous Rakkamai) taking me shopping for every need so willingly and introduce me to the vendor as if one of the family and then negotiate a honest price, … I would never have discovered many of the required shops in the myriad of shops without Rakkamai’s help, … and one of the boys going shopping for me whilst I had dinner, - The friendly restaurant is just a few steps down the marble stair way supplies a variety of good and safe traditional Nepalese and Indian food, Western food
The location is the best, - Not in the hubbub of the bustling tourist area, - and yet only 6 or 7 minutes walk if you want to go to the main tourist area, - The best of both worlds, … and a haven to come home to after the hustle and bustle of the Thamel streets, I also enjoyed the location of being in an area of the true Nepalese people and culture watching from my balcony the parade of these colorful and congenial people; - it helps you get a feel for their strong family devotion and community togetherness.
The Kathmandu Prince hotel amenities fulfilled every need I wished for, … Good 24 hour free wi-fi, - Good air conditioning, Obliging Room service and clean linen every day, Premium security, Everyone there is so very obliging and so friendly, yet respecting one’s privacy.
Thank you Sajan, and Lokman, and Dilip, and Rakkamai and Krishna and all the boys there, and the maids so very obliging and pleasant, … My uncertainty of living in Kathmandu as a first time traveler was soon put to rest, I felt very secure and at home at the Kathmandu Prince hotel.
I am so pleased I found the Kathmandu Prince hotel and when in Nepal I shall always return to this place I feel is my home in Kathmandu.
Ray Dixon, Australia. July 2013

Room Tip: Rooms with private balcony's at the the front give interesting and colorful view of the true Ne...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Pushkar, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had a good experience during my stays at the Kathmandu Prince. The staff was always helpful and courteous. Rooms are basic but generally a good budget price. Desk clerk Lokman was always helpful. The lobby provides a place to eat and a good place to relax.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kathmandu Princ... h, Owner at Kathmandu Prince Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Sir
Namaste

Thank you very much for your valuable comments.You have stayed in basic room at that time. We have deluxe room also if you are coming next time we will surely provide you good deluxe room.Mr. Lokman and all other staff wants to say thank you.

Director
Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My favorite thing about Kathmandu Prince were the staff and manager. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I enjoyed having a room with balcony so I could enjoy my morning pot of Nepali tea sitting in the sunshine and watching Kathmandu life passing by in the street below. The location is excellent~close enough to walk everywhere but a bit away from the traffic on the main Thamel area streets. And the price is right!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front with balconies are sunny.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Kathmandu Princ... h, Owner at Kathmandu Prince Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Valuable guest.
Thank you for a great review you wrote for us. We are glad that we got this opportunity to provide you our services . We will always do our best for our valuable clients who will stay with us in the future also, we really hope to welcome you in Kathmandu Prince Hotel next time.

Tigre, Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We are climbers and this hotel in a south of Thamel was the perfect place to stay between our treks and expeditions!
The boys of the staff was great!!
The breakfast was very good too!!
The wifi is good and free!!

Room Tip: we prefer front side with balcony!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kathmandu Princ... h, Owner at Kathmandu Prince Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Valuable guest.
Thank you for a great review you wrote for us. We really happy to know that you had nice stay with us. We will always do our best for our valuable clients who will stay with us in the future, we really hope to welcome you in Kathmandu Prince Hotel next time.

Been to Kathmandu Prince Hotel? Share your experiences!