I had the pleasure to stay with my wife in this hotel for a couple of nights before and after a Himalaya-trek in October / November 2012. We had booked this hotel online well in advance - it was recommended to us by other German travellers who had visited Nepal and Kathmandu before. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are average to good, but big enough, even when travelling with bulky luggage. The best-quality rooms are found on the hotel's top-floor. The price being abt. 25 Euros per night per room is okay. The woodwork is very beautiful, so is the nice, quiet, green garden, which is a good place to relax after spending a busy day in the city. The meals can be taken in the garden, or indoor, depending on the climatical conditions. One very good feature is that bulky baggage can be left at the hotel without extra charge during the time of a trek / mountain-trip.
I can warmly recommend this hotel to everyone, especially to those who come to Nepal for the first time... it's an oasis of peace and quietness in Nepal's busy capital!
- Also Known As:
- International Guest House Hotel
- International Guest House Hotel Kathmandu
- International Hotel Kathmandu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- FREE breakfast,wifi,airportpick up,parking,locker services,,, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your International Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.