“Go to Spain for tapas” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nepali Tapas Bar

Nepali Tapas Bar
JP Road (Chaksibari Marg) | Thamel, Kathmandu 00977, Nepal (Formerly Nepali Tapas and Bar)
+977 980-8048824
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #144 of 412 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Bar, Coffee Shop, Barbecue, Tapas
Dining options: Late Night Food, Dinner, Late Night
Description: We are the first tapas bar in Thamel - Kathmandu. Probably first in the country to serve Nepali snacks as tapas.
Brest, France
“Go to Spain for tapas”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Again, a really really bad copy.
Obviously they don't know what tapas is. You will get momos and nepalese stuffs, nothing tasty. The atmosphere is loudly, a bad singer was hired at that time.
The place is creepy, the decoration very poor and only few lights (red) you can barely see each other (maybe to hide the cockroaches party).

You will find better place somewhere else.
Sorry but I can't give you better than my experience.

afatravels, Owner at Nepali Tapas Bar, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
I am so sorry for your bad experience of Nepali Tapas. Thank you for your suggestion to go to Spain for tapas experience. In fact I should do that once at least to have understand tapas. But our idea is not to do a Spanish tapas. I was talking with one American friend a year before about serving small portion of snacks with drinks so that we can showcase the local snacks and appetizers. She was the first who explained me a tapas way. i did some google research and started Nepali Tapas Bar renting one restaurant. After 8 months (from April), we are in new location. Right now we have sign for Nepali Tapas Bar in 2 places in Thamel. One at Rock's Lane restaurant where we were running our bar before and another at JP Road, in front of Green Organic Cafe.
I agree the decoration, interior and whole atmosphere is not perfect as we are under renovation here. But we are still serving local snacks and appetizers. I am not sure if our local food is tasty for all but more than food, its an experiences. We serve it in small portion with drinks to let our customer try more verities which we are considering as Nepali Tapas.
I would like to invite you again in Nepali Tapas Bar. Though renovating, we are still welcoming and serving unique local taste. You should try with pleasure at least to explore it.
I am not sure if you visited at our place or at old place. We will do our best to improve Nepali Tapas.
Thank you for your review and feedback. It will help us to grow.

Kathmandu, Nepal
“Great value and excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have found they have the best beef cheeseburger in all of Thamel. Good selection of properly prepared hygienic foods at really good prices.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
afatravels, Owner at Nepali Tapas Bar, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your review Jan. We will do our best to improve the service business. Hope changing the location will not hamper it. It will be more sustainable for Nepali Tapas as we are owning the place.
Thanks once again.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Very tasty samples of Nepalese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Having read the reviews I decided to try it out. Good for me. Tasty nepalese tapas. I had three and that was more than enough. Good service. Lovely place. Definitely recommend

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
afatravels, Owner at Nepali Tapas Bar, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your review. We will do our best to keep it better and better. Your review makes us more excited. I share these reviews with my staff and trying to promote them for more better hospitality.
Thanks once again.
Hong Kong, China
“Great all-around bar, food, music, atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I saw Tapas and had to try...the food is very good with lots of options! The bar was also very good and being a bartender I got to talking with the staff. They are awesome and so very kind and helpful. I taught them some new drinks and the one's they made for me were spot-on! Then there is the music and house band - great vibes and again so friendly. I spent two nights in there on two different weekends and one night they let up some Chinese tourists to play - they were awesome! One night we were dancing between the tables it was so much fun. I really recommend the Nepali Tapas Bar - good food, good music, good drinks, great people!

Mr. John

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
John,
Thanks a lot for your review. That really help us to grow and gives us extra energy to be in the market. Thanks, Thanks, and Thanks a lot.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“An amazing little bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

A very relaxed atmosphere, with good service and excellent band. Was quite full and had to wait for a table. The kind of place that you do not leave fast.

• Visited February 2014
Dear John,
Thanks a lot for your review. It helps us to grow and gives us faith on serving better and better.
We will do our best to make our visitors happy and comfortable and same time we want to promote Nepali snacks in international market. This is the small attempt and we are committed to improve it in another level.
Thanks once again for your faith and visiting at our place.