“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 138 Hotels in Kathmandu
Bangkok, Thailand
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Trekkers' Home was a great place to stay, not only because of the location in Thamel but mainly for the owner (Dipendra Bhatta, or Dip, pronounced "Deep") and his staff. They were incredibly courteous and helpful, very proactive in anticipating needs and just plain nice. Dip helped us exchange money at top rates, has numerous connections for tours and trips in Nepal, and is always asking for opinions on how to make your stay more comfortable and pleasant. I had to leave early in the morning and the desk clerk (apologies for not remembering his name) came up to my room to be sure I had gotten up in time. He then walked all the way down the street to get me a cab because it was so early and few were about. These people truly care about your well being; can't say enough good things about them. Thanks, Dip!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Penang Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

It is like it's name, totally trekkers' home because the hostel is centrally located the trekking hub. The hostel gives us a very warm welcome and was so patient with demanding travellers like us who always ask about every details. Rajendra definitely make us feel comfortable and we were very happy with the positive vibes that we experience during our stay. About room offer, from my personal experience, I think trekkers has set a great standard for a similar type of hostels. Hospitality is definitely number one. Great job done Trekkers, I'll recommend my friends to your hostel and I wish you all the very best.

• Stayed June 2013
Chumphon, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I love to travel to Nepal and like to stay in Thamel Kathamandu
to shopping everythings for trekking, for comfortable I will stay in Trekker home,
I think this place is good for me, have good service, have friendly,
good price for room and easily to shopping that I like so much

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I totally loved to stay at this amazing home!! This is what it was to me, a home away from home!! Centrally located, quiet, friendly, the staff is simple sweet and kind and respectful, My room had this sweet balcony that allowed me to enjoy the views, Raj is just amazing and so helpful! What a Fantastic human being he is, I cant wait to go back in August and stay at ur place again... All your hotels are awesome!! Miss you lots!! Much Love Beautiful souls, Namaste from Los Angeles, California, see u in August!

Room Tip: Always look for great reviews
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Raj and his team never fail my expectation.... new accommodation in good area...friendly staff and best Raj. As always when I received good service from my travel, i'll extremely recommend to my friends and colleagues. I should stay more nights next time. Really love the place and their services

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Taoyüan, T'ai-wan, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

You get what you pay for.
The staff are so friendly, they went out of there way to ensure i was happy and didn't charge me an arm and a leg.
The room was lovely, there is free wifi, hot water, comfortable bed and all the little things you want in a nice hotel and its rite in the middle of everything without the noise you might expect.
I would advise you speak to Mr Raj the tour manager even if you are not already staying at the hotel. i cant praise him enough.
i will certainly be back, fells like home!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Trekker's Home after our EBC hike. The room is clean, spacious and has a cute little balcony. It is run by the same group of awesome people from the khangsar guest house. They are helpful and very knowledge with all sorts of travel interest. We had an impromptu short 3 day trek around the valley arranged through Raj, the manager. He had everything arranged perfectly by the very next day and totally made our trip! The people here made out stay in Kathmandu a blast!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Trekkers' Home? Share your experiences!