“Lovely place to slip away and have a masala tea” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 454 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: Indian, European, Asian, Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night
Description: NAMASTE- welcome to the place of excellence! "Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul." -Dorothy Day Rosemary Kitchen does not have a long history back, but the humble appreciation of satisfied clients so far makes it a Legend! It has been two year that Rosemary Kitchen was open to serve the public. Since then, it has been serving the food for soul and accumulated great client base of internal and external tourists who come to visit the Himalayan Kingdom of Nepal.
Bayside, California, United States
“Lovely place to slip away and have a masala tea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I spent a week in Thamel and loved starting my day at Rosemary. I think that their masala tea is one of the best that I had in Nepal! Their food and service are fantastic and the outdoor courtyard is a wonderful place to relax. I think you'll find, like I did, that it will become part of your daily routine while staying in the area. Enjoy!

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New Delhi, India
“Best meals in Kathmandu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Rosemary Kitchen & Coffee Shop was recommended to us by fellow travellers and we were so pleased to have eaten there. Unfortunately we only discovered this little gem near the end of our 3 week stay in Nepal, but we still managed to eat there 5 times in 3 days! The meals were by far the best we've had during our stay in Nepal. The food is fantastic, a great selection of meat and vegetarian dishes as well as great breakfast options, not to mention the delicious apple pie! Rosemary uses fresh herbs and lovely fruits and nuts in their dishes such as: dill, pomegranate and pistachios. The staff are very well trained and the service was extremely professional. All staff paid particular attention to table presentation and order details. Also, it was so lovely to eat at a place that had all the dishes advertised on the menu available to order - as we found that many restaurants in Kathmandu commonly did not have dishes available when requested.
I highly recommend Rosemary..... and I'm sure if you visit you'll be compelled to return again and again!

Belfast
“Best meal we had in 3 months travelling!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Every part of this meal was perfect! We had a mixture of cuisines, all fabulous! Great atmosphere, the owner was wonderful, friendly, welcoming and gives great advice. Literally the best food we ate in our three months of travelling

Paris, France
“The Best Restaurant on Thamel, Katmandu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is my first review and I have to suggest this restaurant because, it’s really the best restaurant in town. Imago De is another best place after Rosemary restaurant.
Visited thrice Rosemary restaurant and all the foods I had here were delectable. The Organic Mixed Green Salad With Fresh Fruit & Nuts was enjoyable. I had a Grilled Fish here and it was excellent. Not to forget to try is Apple Pie. It was so delicious that I suggested a friend of mine. I will never forget Rosemary's Apple Pie. They have some good selection of Wine as well.
The environment is very warm and nice. Small garden outside is nicer. The price is relatively less than other good restaurants on Thamel, Katmandu.
Come and eat, you will like it.

Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
“Fabulous food and service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Rosemary Kitchen is a fab restaurant. Its the best food we have eaten since arriving in Nepal. The service is great, the waiters are wonderful... Nothing is too much trouble. The food is beautiful!! The apple pie is to die for! We have come back again for another meal after a fab night and can happily say will come back again. I can 100% recommend this restaurant to all!! Thanks for the wonderful evenings Rosemarys Kitchen!!