“Everest Base Camp Trek in October 2014 was just fantastic !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Kathmandu based owner operated and run adventure tours operator with commitment to offer the international standard service with safety backup. Organise day tour in Nepal Himalayas.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Everest Base Camp Trek in October 2014 was just fantastic !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015 NEW

My daughter and I trekked to Everest Base Camp with Mountain Monarch (MM) and would highly recommend them to anyone planning to trek in Nepal. From my very first email enquiry and prompt reply from Pradip (the owner) I knew we had made the right choice. Every email was responded to within hours, which I could not believe, and always with great information which made the preparation for the trek much easier. We exchanged emails with fellow trekkers in our group before the trip which was a really nice touch. It was a great way to swap ideas on what equipment to bring and how to prepare as well as learn a little about the people we would be spending two weeks with.

From the moment we landed in Kathmandu we were looked after in every possibly way. The guides, assistant guides and porters were all brilliant and could not do enough for us from the moment we woke up until we fell into bed each night. We loved the many conversations we had every day to better understand the culture, the people and the amazing environment. They were always there if you needed them. They kept a very close eye on how we were all feeling each day and ensured we were drinking plenty of water and walking at at own pace. Our health and safety was a clear priority and the group had very few problems which was a credit to the MM crew.

The trek to Base Camp has been on my "bucket list" for many years and MM and our fellow trekkers made the whole experience very special. My daughter had her birthday on the mountain and she was presented with a birthday cake and gifts. So unexpected and such a wonderful memory for us both.

Would I trek with MM again? Absolutely! We plan to return to Nepal and trek in the Annapurna region and I will only contact MM when the time comes.

Visited October 2014

“Everest Base Camp Trek 2015”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015

My boyfriend and I (both mid twenties) recently completed the Everest Base Camp trek with Mountain Monarch Adventures. We were both reasonably fit and healthy but had never done anything like this before. We had a lot of questions about gear before arrival which were answered very rapidly over email. Since we were coming from living in Thailand, we didn't have trekking gear and our guide Dawa was great in helping us choose appropriate trekking boots. Our flights to Lukla were cancelled for two days because of the weather, and it was great to have the support of Mountain monarch. They provided us with accommodation in the same hotel for those extra days as well as being very well organised in adapting our trek to a new time frame. On the trek, they always encouraged us to stay at our own pace and it was comforting to have guides at the front, middle and back. Any medication you needed, they provided it for us. We feel very fortunate to have had a wonderfully run company. On return to Kathmandu, we shipped goods home. We had shipped our goods on New Years Eve (in Nepal), however we hadn't received our tracking number because of public holidays. Mountain Monarch personally contacted the shipping company when we were unable to. Our goods have arrived home safe and sound but we were most impressed with the kindness and support from prior to the trek right up until a week after we had left the country. I cannot recommend this company enough.

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Annapurna Circuit with Mountain Monarch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2015

2 years ago we travelled with Mountain Monarch (Langtang Gosaikundu Trek). We were so impressed with Pradip`s very prompt and detailed responses to my e-mail enquiries that when considering a return trip to Nepal, there could be only one company to consider travelling with.. As with our 2013 trek the team of porters, sherpas and leader this year could not be bettered.

Visited March 2015
Guildford, United Kingdom
“April 2015, Gorka Trek, could not be happier!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2015

Recently returned from a three week trek round the gorkha region of Nepal and could not be happier with the service and friendliness of the company and their guides! Because of the fantastic time that mountain monarch allowed us to have, I would definitely go again and recommend to others looking for a trekking company.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Everest Base Camp 2015”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2015

I have just returned from a trek to the Everest base camp with the Mountain Monarch team. From the very first meeting in Kathmandu, i found them to be a very well organised and professional company. On the trek the guides/helpers did everything they could to make it a safe and enjoyable trip. The extra acclimatisation days that Mountain Monarch offer over some other companies is very important. Well recommended. Jamie.