“Nice hotel with friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Friends Home

You added Hotel Friends Home to your Saves list
Hotel Friends Home
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   G.P.O. Box 25221 | Jyatha, Thamel (Beside Kantipur Temple House), Kathmandu 4600, Nepal   |
Special Price
15% off on direct booking
Ranked #4 of 138 Hotels in Kathmandu
Yokohama
“Nice hotel with friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week. All the staff there are very nice and friendly. When I needed help, they were always happy to help me out. They treat guests like family members. The room was clean and comfortable. The food was nice and they give you free tea and coffee. I got to like their Nepali tea a lot. The hotel is conveniently-located so it is easy to get around and find good restaurants and shops. They have a roof top garden with a view. I enjoyed drinks there with another guest at this hotel. I would like to stay there again the next time I vist Nepal.

Room Tip: East south big room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
friendshome, Owner at Hotel Friends Home, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Sea Yamamoto
Thank you very much for your valuable review of Friends home. It was a great pleasure to have you with us. We are happy to know that you had nice stay with us. we will always try our bast for all our clients stay peaceful and enjoyable in Friends home. We hope to welcome you again. Thank you. Prabha and team of Friends home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
Berkeley, California USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Good location, quiet, safe, clean, good internet, hot showers, good service, nice selection and service cable TV. Decent restaurant. Travel information if you need it. Cheap laundry nearby. Rooms are freshly painted, Power sometimes goes out but they have a generator. The price is fair. Nicely decorated. Really clean room and lobby. The location in Thamel is very good as well. Rooms have LCD hotel. Maid service is also good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
friendshome, Owner at Hotel Friends Home, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Client
Thank you very much for your great review of Friends home. We are very happy to know that you had nice stay with us. It was a great pleasure to have you with us. We will always do our best for our all the clients. We will always try to be a real friends home in Nepal. we would like to thank you again and hope to welcome you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Good place to rest in Kathmandu. Is in Thamel, most touristic place of Kathmandu. So, you have many interesting places to visit very close.
Workers in hotel are very hospitality. You must visit if you come to Kathmandu.

• Stayed August 2013
malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I found this neat B&B while browsing for accommodation in Kathmandu. As it was my 1st visit to Nepal, I needed a place that was central ie in Thamel for 3 nights before I joined the rest of the group traveling to Tibet.
After reading the great reviews, I got in touch with Hotel Friends Home and I was blown away by the immediate reply. I booked a Deluxe room. They offered an excellent rate that included air-port pick up. It is not usual to get an immediate reply for enquires and the efficiency with which the hotel replied all my emails got me confirming the reservation immediately with them

The Hotel is located in a side street off the main Thamel roads. It is very new and I do like new hotels. Thoughtfully furnished, I found the Deluxe room spacious and comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was strong and there was hot water at any time. Also I did not experience any electricity black out which is common in Kathmandu.

Breakfast is included. You can take from the buffet selection (limited but sufficient) or order ala carte. The best thing about the hotel is that any time you come down to the cafe, you can ask for free tea or coffee. Mineral water was freely available throughout. I ate in the cafe a few times and although the menu is fairly small, it was enough. The food especially the Vegetarian Momos were delicious. Prices were cheap compared to outside as the cafe was mainly to cater to the in-house guests.

All the staff are super friendly and helpful. I needed to get to the supermarket and the Management even got one staff to walk me to the location as it was a few streets away.

Wifi is available and down in the lobby and cafe, it is fast.

I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend this hotel for any traveller looking to stay in a friend's house. Kudos to the Management and I hope they open many more such hotels in Nepal.
Friendly and helpful staff, value-for-money accommodation, a good bed and shower, safe drinking water that is freely available and to top it all, free tea and coffee ( I love their masala tea) any time...what more can I ask for staying in what seems like a Friend's House indeed.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the staircase are quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I found this little place througy Agoda and I was very pleased with my stay at Friends. The rooms are modern, clean and nicely decorated (lcd tv included). Bathrooms are very nice as well. Off season rates are affordable in comparison with comperable rooms at Kathmandu Guest House. I paid about 3400 nepali per night. In-room wifi is pretty fast. A delicious breakfast buffet is included in the price. Finally, why I'll return to Friend's home when I come back to Kathmandu is the great service and family treatment I received from everyone who worked there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
friendshome, Owner at Hotel Friends Home, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Clients
Thank you for your valuable review of Friends home. It was a great pleasure to have you with us. We are very happy to know that you had nice stay with us. we will always do our bast for all our clients in the future. We again like to than you for your review. we really hope to welcome you again in Friends home. Prabha sapkota and team of Friends home.
Msia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I been to Nepal for more than 4/5times over the pass 10yrs due to work and personal vacation, i came to this lovely place again in late Apr this year and i wld said this is my best trip ever. Me and my 2 friends have a pleasant stayed in this newly built hotel and enjoyed our Poon Hill trek which organised by Outdoor Himalaya (Owner of the hotel)

No doubt we only stayed one night in this hotel but we can tell that their staff are really friendly and helpful. Infact, there was a misarrangement of our transport because we are supposed to go Radisson hotel to pick up our big luggage when we back from Pohkara on 30Apr. However, the taxi driver doesnt seen to know this arrangement and doesnt speak english at all so he sent us to Hotel Friends Hotel. We refused to get down and make a complaint to the hotel staff. The hotel staff immediate talk to the driver and bump into the car to accompany us to collect our baggage. We were very impressed of their spontaneous on solving their customer problem.

There is a minor hiccup during room check in but they managed to solved it immediately. Finally, we were brought into another room which located at 2nd floor. We are so blessed that the room is neat and spacious for triple sharing...one single and king size bed plus a dressing and coffee table. And the toilet is super clean with shinning floor ;). Moreover, the breakfast was fantastic , we had toast bread, masala tea, fruit juice, sausages, fruit salad, yogurt, cereal...we didnt expect to have a good and healthy meal. This is really value for money !

I will not hesistate to recommend other travellers and my friends to stay in this hotel if they are happen in Kathmandu because of the service, location (1/2min walk out to the main street of Thamel area) !

I sincerely hope that the hotel owner will continues to provide the good service and keep good maintenance of the hotel !!

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor room if you do not wish to climb the staircase especially those are just back...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Hi,
Me am my sister we stayed in friends home hotel and we enjoyed our stay there. We would like to recommend the hotel to all travellers - the personnel is very nice and attentive - hotel and rooms are very clean!! Trips were well organised!! Value for money is ensured!

• Stayed August 2013
friendshome, Owner at Hotel Friends Home, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear valuable Guest
Thank you for your review for our property. We are very happy to know that you had nice stay with us. It was our great pleasure to welcome you in Friends home. We will always try to make all our valuable guest's stay peaceful and comfortable. We again hope to welcome you in Friends home. Prabha sapkota and team.

Been to Hotel Friends Home? Share your experiences!