“A place to make a break” 4 of 5 stars

Green Hotel
Boudha, Kathmandu, Nepal   |
Ranked #67 of 341 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Hannover, Germany
“A place to make a break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Was a nice stay, the rooms are clean and there's a nice atmosphere. We had everything we needed like WiFi, hot showers and a nice view to the famous stupa. It's a good place to make a little break from the city and relax in the garden. It's very near to the stupa and you can go to the Kathmandu city centre by taxi.
All in all,it was a really nice stay!

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kathmandu, Nepal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Bouddha is a good alternative to Thamel, especially for those who've been to Nepal several times to before. There is plenty to do for several days, has quiet(-ish) walking streets (and is close to Pashupati, and is unbeatable on full moon).

If you decide to stay in Bouddha, there are few good choices. Green Hotel is recommended as it is quiet, clean, run by attentive staff and has a nice outdoor area to eat and mingle. It less than 5 minutes to walk to the stupa itself (via the side entrance missing the ticket booth) and also close to the Pranamaya Yoga Studio should you want to practice for an hour in the morning.

Several reputed travel agencies put their groups here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I spent a week at Green Hotel in the middle of my trip to Nepal and stayed another few days before returning home to Canada. I was on my own and never felt lonely or unsafe because of the kind and welcoming staff. Everyone who works here was extremely helpful and friendly to me. The rooms were clean and felt that I was getting very good value for my money. The food I ate here was also very delicious and somebody was always available to make something for me at any hour of the day.

It is a five minute walk to the Boudha Stupa, my favourite hangout in Kathmandu. I enjoyed coming back to the small garden and restaurant when I needed to recharge. It is always a relief to enter the gates, as I felt that it was very safe and calm inside. It is also right around the corner from a great yoga studio.

I have stayed at a wide range of guesthouses and hotels around Kathmandu, however Green Hotel is the only place I will return to during my next visit to Kathmandu. I can't recommend Green Hotel highly enough, and am surprised that I am the first to review it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Green Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Green Hotel

Address: Boudha, Kathmandu, Nepal
Location: Nepal > Central Region > Bagmati Zone > Kathmandu Valley > Kathmandu
Ranked #67 of 341 B&Bs / Inns in Kathmandu
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Green Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Green Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.