The Kantipur Temple House is an Eco Hotel - this means that you shouldn't expect a traditional 4* hotel:
1. The lighting is dim to save power
2. The bed linen is thin and poorly laundered to cut back on polluting detergents
3. There is no air conditioning
4. There is no TV in the room
5. There is no elevator (lift)
I loved the hotel and was more than happy to make a few compromises by staying in an eco hotel - my wife was less than keen, so it is horses for courses.
The restaurant was good for Nepal, serving organic Nepalese food. Not to spicy but it makes a nice change from Indian food.
The location was great for the tourist spots in Kathmandu. And the hotel garden's are beautiful (make sure you get a seat early for breakfast).
We met the owner, Mr Basnet, on our last day and it was great that he took an interest in our views and shared his vision for promoting eco tourism in Nepal. He has also employed a Swiss intern for a few months and she was especially keen - it is good to see that Mr Basnet is making a real effort to further improve what is a great little hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Kantipur Temple House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantipur Temple House Hotel Kathmandu
- Kantipur Temple Hotel
- Kantipur Temple Kathmandu