“NEPAL EVEREST BC + GOKYO TOUR” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Treks, Expeditions, Tours and Mountain Biking in NEPAL, TIBET, BHUTAN & INDIA since 1998. We offer competitively priced trips to a set of destinations which we know well. Well resourced in the field but not heavily marketed, these trips are fantastic mix of expert guides, good itineraries, good logistics and a great crew of people.
Mission Viejo, California
8 attraction reviews
“NEPAL EVEREST BC + GOKYO TOUR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Completed the Everest BC + Gokyo Pass trek in Oct 2012. Makalu Adventures did an outstanding job of planning the entire trip allowing me to enjoy mine time and not worry about any of the logistics or planning. The company does an excellent job of keeping me informed through email, details about the trip, answering all of my questions and finally delivering on all of their commitments 100%. I would use Makalu Adventures in the future for my trips in Nepal and Tibet. Thank you for all of your hard work to make this a trip of a lifetime and a great experience.

Visited October 2012

Warngau
4 attraction reviews
“Annapurna Cicuit by bike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Having just returned from three weeks' cycling around the Annapurnas, i am still thrilled. Apart from the fantastic landscape and and people as well as the very interesting cultural insights i very much appreciated the professional and good-value organization of our customized trip by Makalu Adventure. Being recommended by friends who had previously done the Lhasa-Kathmandu bike tour it was a safe bet. Especially the attentive and caring guiding by Kalden Sherpa(who may not be a man of many words but masters the economic humour) needs mentioning. I definitely will come back to Nepal and i will definitely travel again with this company. Cheers, Gabriel

Visited October 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Cycle from Lhasa to Friendship Bridge (Nepal border) via EBC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Three of us did the cycle trip in Sep 2012. Mohan (Makalu Adventure) helped us to customize the trip to 16 days. He is very knowledgable and responded to my emails of question rapidly. We were very happy with all the arrangements before and during our trip.
The Tibetan guide, driver and cook who took care of our trip, were excellent, they were very caring, and did everything they could to ensure our journey was safe and most enjoyable.
We had a great time, and would look forward to traveling with Makalu Adventure again in the future.

Visited September 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Nepal Cultural Travel and Lhasa to Kathmandu MBT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have travelled with Makalu on two separate occasions. 2011 I participated in the fantastic Mountain Bike Trip from Lhasa to Kathmandu via EBC and fulfilled on of my dreams and in September 2012 my wife and I did a 2 week sightseeing tour around Nepal organized by Makalu travel. On both occasions I was highly impressed with the professionalism with which both tours were organized.

Mohan Lamsal and all of his staff are exceptional and go beyond of what can be expected. Both of the tours were well organised and excellent value for money.
I can highly recommend Makalu Adventure and we are looking forward to going back for a new adventure with Makalu.

Werner Mathiuet

Visited September 2012
Stanger, South Africa
“EVEREST BC NEPAL + ADVANCED BC TIBET 2011”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

As an avid high altitude climber , i have travelled the world to many remote parts. I have lived my desires over the years... But what made this Himayalan expedition a dream come true for me....was simply the professionalism and the passion that drives Makalu Adventure Tours to endeavour so to make this dream of mine...A REALITY TO CHERISH. I was never considered just a paying client to Mr Mohan Lamsal and his staff.... I was treated like family. Having travelled with many adventure companies ... but none come close .... and therefore Makalu Adventures remains unmatched and on top of my list of adventure companies. l have the greatest confidence and respect for them.

Visited October 2011