“Mountain Flight - a MUST do if you're visiting Nepal” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 367 Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Encounters Nepal Dot Com is an ethically governed and environmentally aware Trekking & Adventure Tour Operator. The company exists to promote and share with others the diverse geographical beauty as well as the cultural wealth of our homeland, Nepal, as well as that of some of our neighbours, such as Tibet and Bhutan. Predominantly, it is the mighty Himalayan ranges that attract visitors from all over the world to Nepal. Upon arrival, guests to our country are then also captivated by the interplay of the majestic mountainous landscapes with the overriding hospitality of the Nepali people. Our rich spiritual life and our many vibrantly joyous customs are born of the melding of the Hindu and Buddhist cultures which have co existed here side by side for centuries. This adds a mystical dimension to most travelers’ experiences in Nepal. It is this interplay of magnificent landscapes, of friendly and welcoming people from many different ethnic backgrounds and the complex, beautiful overlay of religious rites and cultural practices that make a sojourn in Nepal a life – enhancing, sometimes even life changing, experience for all.Our company is proud to be able to show overseas visitors all facets of our beautiful land, through stunning mountain treks, at both lower and higher altitudes, depending on our guests’ interests and their physical capacities, to wild life safaris in the Terai, on the plains or rafting on mighty rivers.We stand proud knowing we act at all times as an ethical and compassionate employer of local staff and our company is also involved with local conservation organisations and environmental agencies in order to preserve the natural wonders with which Nepal has been blessed.
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Mountain Flight - a MUST do if you're visiting Nepal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

It was amazing ..One of the best experiences in life! The first day, weather was not much in our favour, and they rescheduled the trip for the next day. Even the next day also, at first the view wasn't very clear, but after a while, when the sky was clear, a touch of golden sunshine created a magical impact on the beautiful peaks of Everest. It was simply breathtaking!

We took the flight with Buddha Air. I've read many good reviews on them and it was the best and pioneer in Everest experience flights indeed. Quite a number of local airlines offer this 50 minute flights every morning. Tickets are available in Thamel and can be arranged from your hotel also.

Mountain flight is available in Kathmandu only. Its US$ 180 per person and this flight is totally worth it!! Everyone will have a window seat as well as an opportunity to go the cockpit and take pictures of the mountain. You will also be given a map highlighting some of the peaks you'll see on the trip. They give you a brochure to identify each peak and their staffs will also tell you about them. We flew beside the Himalayan Mountain Range and the views were fantastic.

Highly, Highly recommend!

Tips:

- Don't save this trip for the last moment. Flights can be delayed as much as 3-4 hours due to unfavorable weather and can be cancelled at short notice or even no notice. In case it has to be rescheduled, make sure you have a day or two in hand for this..because, you surely don't want to miss this 'awesomeness'!

- From my very little camera knowledge, I have a small tip for everyone - during the flight, you might want to raise your camera ISO higher and choose faster shutter speed. This way, it will reduce the blur in your camera and give a clear picture.

Visited August 2012

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Encounters Nepal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I did a trekking in the Annapurna area in october 2010 with 'Encounters Nepa'. The service and hospitality they offer is just excellent. They provided my with a very good guide.
Unfortunately, I got sick during the trekking, but Encounters Nepal provided me with everything to get me back safely.

Gr JW

Visited April 2012
Rottweil, Germany
“Auch ein Jahr später in bester Erinnerung”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hello Rishi and team,

as time goes by - today we remeber our trip to Nepal and North India in March and April 2012. It was individual planned, organized and managed by you and ourself. Our comment needs only one word: "excellent".
The pictures give an impression of the colourful Nepal.
We hope we well see us again once a day.
Peter and Thomas from southwestern Germany

Visited April 2012
Washington DC
“Amazing trek & tour operator”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I used Encounters Nepal for a solo trek to the Everest region in November and highly recommend them!

While planning a trip to India for a friend's wedding, I decided to tack on an extra week to visit Nepal and get a glimpse of Mt. Everest. I was referred to Encounters Nepal and coordinated with Rishi over email on a 6 day, solo itinerary to hike past Namche Bazaar to Hotel Everest View (which is almost half way to Everest Base Camp) for a full day's view of Mt. Everest. Despite only having a week, Encounters Nepal arranged an ambitious yet do-able itinerary including airfare and lodging. My guide couldn't have been better - experienced, professional, patient, fluent English and 100% focused on my well being. Like many other Trip Advisors, I've traveled all over the world but Nepal was undoubtedly my favorite trip. Encounters Nepal was a huge reason for this and I couldn't recommend them more.

Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent customer focused business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I went on a trek with Rishi in October and was delighted with the customer focused business model which his company, Encounters Nepal, manifests in ensuring that he (1) understood the type of experience I wanted and (2) was able to implement it at a reasonable cost.

The upshot: a magnificent break from work in the Annapurnas, enjoying magnificent food and accommodation with awe-inspiring vistas around every corner. It was fantastic having someone to not only take care of the practicalities of trekking in Nepal, but also a friend to talk to and share the experience with.

Highly recommended.