“Massage with a purpose” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 367 Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Seeing Hands Clinics offer a unique massage experience from professionally-trained visually impaired massage therapists. It operates as a social enterprise, providing training and jobs for blind people in Nepal and is supported by a UK registered charity. There are three clinics in Nepal, two in Kathmandu and one in Pokhara.
Auckland, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
“Massage with a purpose”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Wonderful massage by highly professional polite staff. My friend found seeing hands through trip advisor and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Kathmandu. It was lovely to get away from the hustle and bustle of Thamel for an hour of indulgence. Although I'm a massage novice, my friend said that this rated highly compared to massages back home. As well as being a great massage it was lovely to know the good that this enterprise is doing for the people who run it, especially after living in Kathmandu for two months and seeing how difficult life for people with disabilities, especially female, is there.

Visited July 2012

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great Cause and Great Massage!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I by accident discoverd the seeing hands clinic in Kathmandu. I bookt a massage for 90 minutes.
I told the therapist, who spoke fluent englisch, what my problems where and he thoroughly attended to them. He is better than my fisiotherapist and better than my ostheopat. I was also very touched by there extremely polite personality.
If you visit Nepal you must visit Seeing hands!!

Visited November 2012
“Excellent massage and a good cause.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We went twice during a short stay in Kathmandu and found Seeing Hands fantastic. I'm a bit of a novice in having massages, but my travel companion Tash is a connoisseur in this space and gave SH several Michelin Stars! Will be back when next in Kathmandu.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Good value, enjoyable and worthwhile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

It seemed to me that, if I was going to pamper myself with a massage in Kathmandu, it would be preferable to spend the money with a company that tries to create wider benefits for Nepali people. This is a very professional operation and the lady who massaged me was clearly very knowledgeable and experienced. She had the most lovely soothing voice that I've ever heard. I thoroughly enjoyed the massage and it came with an additional feelgood factor of knowing that it was part of a project designed to improve career options for blind people.

Kathmandu, null, Nepal
“first-rate service, well-trained staff, excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was suffering from chronic, lower back pain and wary of notorious "massage parlors" in Thamel, Kathmandu, but a friend recommended "Seeing Hands." They were professional, their English was fluent and they impressed me with a very vigorous, deep, sport-medicine-style, thorough massage. My back is on it's way to healing for the first time in a long time. The very personable, young man, from Lumbini, Ramji, treated me, and I would not hesitate to recommend him in particular. Thanks again Ramji!
-Brett Johnson, USA