“Well organised, professional company at a reasonable price!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #129 of 367 Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: A leading trekking and tour operator with more than a decade of experience providing adventure and leisure holidays in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan. Our main purpose is to provide quality services at a reasonable price. We believe that just natural beauty is not sufficient for a meaningful holiday; it requires a knowledgeable guide and careful arrangements with your comfort and safety in mind. We offer ample opportunities to discover and explore some of the world's highest and fascinating mountains, religious sites and unique traditional people.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
coolum beach
“Well organised, professional company at a reasonable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I recently organised a trek for myself and my girlfriend with Nepal Social treks. We organised a 25 day trek with them, we changed schedules numerous times, arrival dates etc and all of this was no problem for them( thanks Nirajan). We were met at the airport when we arrived from Australia, taken to a great hotel for the night. We had weather issues starting the trek so the planes weren't flying to Lukla, so Nepal Social organised a helicopter to fly us up limiting our down time.

The guide provided by the company was excellent, professional and well versed in all aspects of providing us a safe enjoyable trip in the mountains. This was proven when my girlfriend got Altitude sickness and we had to decend to Namchee Bazaar. I was worried this would be the end of the trek. Our guide rearranged our itinerary. Once we were ready to start trekking again we went up a different valley caught up to close to where we had left off and continued on with a very enjoyable trek missing next to nothing. Nothing was to much trouble( thanks Buddhi). Everything that was promised and more was delivered, making our trek so much more enjoyable.

Ive done quite a few organised trips and treks and i have to say the service and eye for detail delived from Nepal Social Trek was first class. Nepal Social Trek also donate part of your trekking fees to local charities, so i like the idea of this as well. I hope to return to Nepal in 18 monthes or so and there will be only one company i will be using! Nepal Social Trek.!

Visited October 2012
BasuPanday, Manager at Nepal Social Treks and Private Day Tours, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Reece,

We really appreciate that you took your time to write a review about us and thank you very much for your kind words. Is very inspiring and let us know we are working on the right direction, so we will keep up on striving to provide excellence service.
We were very sorry about the altitude sickness of your girlfriend but very glad that our guide was able to help you through that situation. This is one of the reasons why we ensure that all our guides are well trained and prepared to any situation that can happen in the mountain, your safety and enjoyment is our goal.
Also, we appreciate that you spoke about our social work, we believe on shearing and giving back to our community with our possibilities and is very gratifying to us.
Again, thank you for the review and we look forward to see you back at Nepal.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“I would recommend Nepal Social Treks and Tours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I travelled to Nepal at the end of October for 3 days and had a wonderful trip there.

I was nervous about travelling on my own but needn't have worried as there was a guide from the company with me every step of the way. On the first night there was an error with my booking and I stayed at a much nicer hotel (Gokarna Resort) than originally booked at no extra cost to myself. The guides were always on time and friendly. The highlight of the trip was definitely sunrise over the Himalayan Range and the Chicken Biryani in Nagarkot (Paradise Inn) was the best I have ever tasted!

I did everything I set out to do in Nepal, the guides were very accommodating and fun to hang out with. I would recommend Nepal Social Treks and Tours to anyone wanting to visit Nepal!

Visited October 2012
Dear Gaya,

Thank you very much for taking the time on writing such a good review for us, is very inspiring and keeps us to continue with our work.
It has been a pleasure to be able to arrange your travel in Nepal and guide you around.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the trip and even though there were some changes you were pleased and happy with them.
We hope everything is going great for you back home and see you back at Nepal sometime.

Bests.
shanghai
“Wonderful ABC trek with Nepal Social treks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I went to ABC trek with Nepal Social Treks joining on group, the operator agency i found them from friends recommendation. The agency provided the services their hospitality for the entire trip was amazing the company runs by young team. Since i arrive in Kathmandu it was very well organized what i feel with them specially the guide with Nepal Social Treks they are very much friendly and informative. Anyone going to Nepal i would recommend to use this company to make your journey for life time experience.

Dear Shen,

Thank you so much for taking your time on witting such a nice review about us. It has been very cheering for our team to read and encouraging to keep our work standards.
Certainly was a pleasure to arrange your trip and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed the trip and everything went as planned.
We look forward to have you again in Nepal.

All the bests!
Boulder, CO
“Fabulous Vacation with Nepal Social Treks!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a 9 day tour/trek we arranged with Nepal Social treks. While we initially were apprehensive about dealing with a company through the internet, on the other side of the world, from start to finish they were spectacular. EVERYTHING WAS AS ADVERTISED, AND NOTHING FELL THROUGH THE CRACKS!!!

During the planning stage, Ram was incredibly professional and responsive to our needs. It was just the two of us travelling, and after listening to what we wanted, He set up the most amazing private adventure. He took care of every detail, and made sure we got to see everything on our list in an orderly and expeditious fashion. He responded very quickly to our emails and questions.

Our visit included a Kathmandu tour, a short Trek in the Pokhara area, visiting Chitwan, and finishing with a morning view of Mount Everest from Nagarkot.

The guide for the majority of our trip was Bishnu. We can’t say enough good things about him. He went way above and beyond our expectations. He was very attentive, and anticipated our needs, often before we knew they existed!!! He took responsibility to keep us safe with plenty of bottled water and safe food. We didn’t have any stomach issues at all.

In Chitwan, our guide was Saroj. He also is a very talented guide, who went way above and beyond in providing us with a great experience. His knowledge of the jungle and ability to safely guide us close to many wild animals was greatly appreciated.

Nirajan works behind the scenes coordinating many of the travel details. In the middle of our trip, in an effort to maximize our time in Nagarkot, we requested he rearrange our flight (move it up by 4 hours) from Chitwan to Kathmandu. This was no small task during peak season, and he rose to the challenge and accomplished it quickly and professionally. Wow! We were impressed!

The final day, Ram called and invited us to lunch, where he made sure everything had gone well. It was a classy finishing touch.

In summary, Nepal Social Treks is a great company that treated us with incredible care. We highly recommend them.

“Cooking Like a Local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

What a great way to spend a few hours in Kathmandu. I've done three of these classes now and it's been a lot of fun! The staff are particularly friendly, the food is incredible and it's been a great way to meet fellow travellers!