“Beyond Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 365 Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: The Nepal Hiking Team is an authentic and reliable trekking agency established by experienced guides. All of our team members are familiar with nature and the culture of Nepal with most having grown up in the Himalaya. We strive to instill respect for this sacred mountain area and we take pride in doing our part to preserve its natural beauty, the way of life of its people, and its rich cultural heritage. We offers day tours, trekking, rafting, wildlife safari and peak climbing. Contact us now for your unforgettable experience in Nepal.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Washington DC, District of Columbia
6 attraction reviews
“Beyond Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014 NEW

My husband and I have just returned from a three week trip to Nepal organized by Ganga and Ram and the crew at Nepal Hiking Team. All I can say is that the trip far exceeded any expectations we had. Ganga organized a 13 day trek to Everest Base Camp for the two of us. Our guide Arun Abiral and our porter Mr. Gokul were fabulous. Not only were they professional and took great care of us, they were really fun, nice guys. Arun was very patient with the fact that I am not the fastest hiker and was unsure of myself on some of the rocks. Mr. Gokul, our "Himalayan Tiger" (as he termed himself) knew that I was always tired by the end of the day and he made it a point after he dropped off our trekking bag to come back and take my backpack for the last hour of the walk. He also refused to let us carry anything on the acclimatization day hikes. Arun also carried fresh oranges and apples on the trek and presented us with a lovely plate of fresh fruit each evening after dinner - making us the envy of other trekkers at the teahouses each night. Arun was also open to changing our itinerary when we requested it. My husband wanted to climb Kala Pattar the afternoon we arrived in Gorak Shep to take advantage of the afternoon sun for photography and go the Base Camp the following morning - no problem. Arun made it happen.

The teahouses selected by Ganga were the best that were available (which in Lobuche, isn't saying much!). We had ensuite bathrooms wherever available and all of the teahouses had western style toilets available.

My husband ended up falling on the way back down, just outside of Namche Bazaar and tore ligaments badly enough that he needed a helicopter evacuation from Namche. Arun and Mr. Gokul took my husband's pack and helped him back into Namche. Ganga and Ram kept in touch to make sure that the arrangements for the helicopter were taken care. Ganga and Arun also were at the clinic in Kathmandu to make sure we had everything we needed.

Ganga also took care of arranging extra hotel nights in Kathmandu when we arrived back early and took care of getting a refund on the unused flight from Lukla.

I can recommend Nepal Hiking Team without reservation. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Visited November 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Pretoria
“Trekking at high altitudes through Nepal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014 NEW

This is the 3rd time we have used Nepal Hiking team for trekking in Nepal. This time we trekked via Gokyo Lake, Gokyo Ri, Chola Pass to EBC and again Nepal Hiking Team impressed us even more by delivering the most remarkable time ever between the snow filled mountains and valleys. Our guide Lal kept us safe all the way preventing high altitude sickness and allowing us to see the most beautiful sights of the mountains. We slept in the best hotels available.
To all the staff at Nepal Hiking team especially Balaram and Ganga, thank you for making our trips to Nepal the most memorable and exciting. Nepal Hiking Team you are still the best in service, trustworthiness, affordability, catering for our individual needs and adapting the trek to suit our requirements. You all went more than the extra mile and we now feel like family. Thank you once again.

Visited October 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“5 day trek to Poon Hill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014 NEW

Absolutely stunning five days. We took five children from 12-19, the team were wonderful - especially when my 19 yr old got altitude sickness - couldn't have asked for a more fun caring team. Accommodation along the way was simple but good. Very well organised and supported by Ganga, especially when the fog descended and our travel plans had to change at the end. He anticipated our every need before we did - Jo from Brisbane

Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014 NEW

WE have just returned from a 16 day tour of Nepal (Kathmandu. Chitwan, Pokhara and Poon Hill Trek) organized by Ganga and his team.

As part of my professional life I organize tours. Without doubt Ganga and his team at Nepal Hiking Team are the most professional group I have dealt with.

No matter what time of day, Ganga was their to meet as when we arrived or left Kathmandu. Our guide Raj was patient and flexible when circumstances required changes to our hiking plans.

All the accommodation provided was appropriate for the level of tour we requested (and paid for).

In summary I can only join with the other reviews and highly recommend Nepal Hiking Team.

Visited November 2014
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Great experience and great guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014 NEW via mobile

Completed the Poon Hill trek with NHT in October. It was a wonderful experience and we were fortunate to have a very experienced and friendly guide for the trip- he was extremely accommodating and added to our experience.

The accommodation provided with the package was very comfortable and I feel it was great value all round- I could confidently recommend Nepal hiking team.

Visited October 2014