“Great experience and great guide” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 364 Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: The Nepal Hiking Team is an authentic and reliable trekking agency established by experienced guides. All of our team members are familiar with nature and the culture of Nepal with most having grown up in the Himalaya. We strive to instill respect for this sacred mountain area and we take pride in doing our part to preserve its natural beauty, the way of life of its people, and its rich cultural heritage. We offers day tours, trekking, rafting, wildlife safari and peak climbing. Contact us now for your unforgettable experience in Nepal.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Great experience and great guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014 NEW via mobile

Completed the Poon Hill trek with NHT in October. It was a wonderful experience and we were fortunate to have a very experienced and friendly guide for the trip- he was extremely accommodating and added to our experience.

The accommodation provided with the package was very comfortable and I feel it was great value all round- I could confidently recommend Nepal hiking team.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
La Mirada, California
“They care!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014 NEW

As small business owners from the States my wife and I are acutely aware of customer expectations. We also know that things can go wrong and it is how a company responds to these challenges that demonstrate who they really serve. I planned this trip for my own 60th birthday. Nepal Hiking Team was a major portion of my celebration based upon "tripadvisor" reviews. I and my wife want to say Ganga and his brother Rom are totally customer oriented. They wanted us to have a trip of our life and therefore were always there when expected or needed. We had an exceptional Base Camp Trek. Our guide Bashu was really fun to be around and we really bonded with him and our porter Gobinda. They were really attentive to us, carrying our packs when it looked like we were tired, making sure we stopped to have tea at just the right places,
and always exchanging local information for great conversation. My wife and I wish we were still hiking on the trek! Go Nepal Hiking Team!!

Visited November 2014
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
“Trip of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014 NEW

My son has been living abroad for a year and in planning my first visit with him in over a year we decided to include an adventure in our visit -- one of those trips that we both have on our "bucket lists". It didn't take us long to decide a trip the Himalayas was the perfect choice. But we had little time to plan and only 5 days for the adventure. We found the Annapurna Short Trek offered by the Nepal Hiking Team and read the reviews, which reassured us as we had NO experience with this kind of thing. The trip far exceeded our expectations. We were lucky enough to be there for the annual Dashawn Festival. This was a wonderful experience but it challenged the Nepal hiking team as many of the staff were on vacation for the festival. We were amazed at how well-organized Ganga and his team were. We were never kept waiting for any of our connections. Ganga was there to greet us at the airport and to drop us off. He took care of ALL the details and left us free to savor this incredible experience. The hotel was beautiful. There were stops all along the trek that allowed us to sample the incredible local cuisine and the breaks were timed so it never felt rushed or stressed. Ganga our tour guide was wonderful -- engaging and, as a native of the region he was able to provide deep knowledge of the local culture. He was friendly and helpful and always there for us. Our porter, Prem was kind and patient in bearing our burdens. When we had some time in Kathmandu before our flight, Ganga arranged for us to have a driver and tour guide, Kumar, a native of a mountain village in the area. Kumar was incredibly knowledgeable and provided a mind-blowing tour of Kathmandu and a perspective on how the culture has evolved. We were stunned at how Ganga and the Nepal Hiking team pulled all of this together: incredibly well-organized but also very flexible in adapting the trek to meet our specific needs. I cannot imagine why you would go anywhere else. Thank you Ganga and the whole Nepal Hiking Team for a lifetime of memories.

Hawaii
““Amazing EBC Trek!””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014 NEW

Just came back from an amazing and once in a lifetime trek to EBC with NHT! As a solo traveler in her 20's I always felt taken care of and in safe hands upon arrival to Kathmandu all the way through my return to the airport.

Ganga was always very prompt and professional with my questions before my departure and very helpful and hospitable while in Kathmandu. I loved the fact that our hotel in Kathmandu was a quick walk away from the famous Thamel shopping area!

Deepak was my guide on the trek and I couldn't have imagined anyone else better for me! He was very fun, cracked jokes, and always tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible. But, more importantly, he ALWYAS made sure I was feeling well and taken care of on the mountain. Always asking how I felt during and after the days trek to make sure I wasn't in any medical danger. When I did get quite ill from the altitude Deepak had medication to help me.
I had a great experience with NHT and would book with them on my next travels to Nepal!!!!

Visited September 2014
Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
“Kathmandu Valley Tour - Amazing Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2014 NEW

My husband and I just returned from our five night Kathmandu Valley Tour with NHT. Ganga was extremely responsive and even personally met us upon our arrival. Our guide, Kumar, was informative and eager to show us the highlights of the cities within the valley. We always felt very safe and were welcomed by a friendly smile. The team really knows where to eat and what to see, and are incredibly punctual. The hotel at Nagarkot was our favorite - wonderful customer service, a great view of the valley, and the hope of mountains in the distance (it was a bit too cloudy), though we still had a great time.
My only regret was not to book one of the short trekking tours after viewing all of the other traveler’s photos - we really wanted to see snowcapped mountains and unfortunately, monsoon season stretched till the end of September. If there's a next time in Asia, I would look into the Annapurna range or another ideal short trek as we simply didn't have two weeks to explore.
I'm very grateful we included the Mt. Everest Flight to give us a little taste of the snow cap region without the very long hike! Advice for travelers would be to ensure you have a guide, roundtrip transport to the airport (NHT covers this), and to talk with the local people - they are very passionate and always smiling. Would highly recommend their services to friends!