We stayed in Golden Room (the room right next to kitchen and office).
We were happy during our stay because
1) We had hot water 99% of the time
2) It was cold at night, gas heater made the room warm.
3) My travelmate fell sick one of the days and it was convenient to run to the Big Mart to buy oats to cook for dinner.
4) A guest kitchen was available for cooking the oats.
5) The room was conveniently in the main house, we just had to walk out to common rooms and ordered our meals.
6) We could have our meals ordered delivered to our room or eat it anywhere within the compound.
7) Staff were friendly and helpful. Always there to make things right.
8) Food was delicious and breakfast was hearty.
9) Room, sheets and toilet was clean.
10) The wifi signal in Golden Room was fantastic.
What bothered us alittle...
1) The Golden Room can get noisy in the mornings (abt 6am) when the staff started to prepare for breakfast?
Also noisy when the guests and staff mingles at common rooms.
2) The floor of the toilet is cold coz it cement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tings Lounge Hotel is neither a backpacker’s hangout nor an ordinary business hotel, but something in between where the convenience of a business hotel goes hand in hand with the relaxed and comfortable ambiance of what the few luxury backpacker place you’ll find around the world. We have 10 rooms of different sizes - 4 in the newly built front house and 6 in the cozy funky-like main house from the 70s. All rooms have private bathrooms – but for the two backpacker rooms the bathrooms are not attached. And a small 2-room flat for long term stays can also be arranged. All rooms have stylish interior design: International simplicity with a Nepali/Asian touch. On the first floor in the main house the residents can relax in the large living room as well as on the huge outdoor terrace. The garden with all its flowers, cozy corners, hammocks and terraces will be for all guests. We serve breakfast and if he has the time and feels like it Thomas will make dinner for our hotel guest. If he doesn’t don’t panic! There are plenty of good restaurants and eateries nearby. Or if you prefer to eat on the premises we will of course organize take away. If you feel like cooking feel free to use our kitchen. There is of course free Wi-Fi, and we can provide photocopies, scans, projector, meeting facilities etc. So if you are on business and need a place for your meeting, and find the business hotels too big and too formal, Tings is definitely an option. If you after reading this still can’t imagine Tings – a journey through places that have inspired over the years might help. Anyway, come by and have a look for yourself. It’s open and the menu is delicious with reasonable prices. ... more less