“Brilliant way to see Nepal” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 367 Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Ace the Himalaya is an idea, that to share with the world the passion of travelling through the woods, over crevasses, along the laps of enormous mountains, and the challenge of seeking the thrill of visiting places where no roads lead and no one but the most adventurous dare to tread.We have an option for all kinds of outdoor lovers. We are proud to showcase the Himalayas to the world and take your journey beyond the ordinary!We are based in Nepal and with sales representatives in Europe, North America, Russia and South Africa.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant way to see Nepal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014 NEW

I had a few weeks in Nepal in October and I wanted to see a variety of places in the country. I'm a photographer and I was travelling solo. Ace was able to put together a custom itinerary for me at a reasonable price that took me to all of Nepal's highlights. Prem and his staff were excellent at communicating with me and making sure the itinerary met my needs.

One of the first experiences of my trip was to see Kathmandu and the surrounding area with a day tour. The trip gathered together a few other travellers and together we were efficiently guided through some of Kathmandu's unique architectural and cultural sights.

I then headed up into the Everest region to be awed by the incomparable peaks that greeted me. My guide, Kamal, was with me every step of the way and made sure my steps didn't turn into stumbles. The trekking was challenging, but unquestionable worth a bit of shortness of breath. The same can be said of the next portion of my trip which was more trekking in the Annapurna region where the mountains were just as spectacular. Kamal went above and beyond by insisting on carrying my tripod for me and he was also eager to help me scout locations for photos.

Accommodation along the trails is pretty basic, but that's to be expected. Generally, there were no unpleasant surprises and there wasn't anything particularly bad about any of the places I stayed, it's just that you can't necessarily expect high luxury when you're up on a mountain on a trekking holiday. The hotels in the cities, however were great, especially the one in Chitwan.

At Chitwan, the adventure continued with jungle safaris, canoe rides and rhino spotting. I was unlucky to not see a rhino, but that's just my excuse to go back to Nepal.

I don't have any complaints about Ace the Himalaya. Hopefully I'll someday get the chance to re-visit Nepal and I'd be happy to use their services again.

Visited October 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014 NEW

I visited Nepal in November and had one of the most exciting adventures of a life time thanks to Ace the Himalaya! The day tour of Kathmandu was very worthwhile to see the beautiful temples with our guide Dil who has great knowledge of the history (even better if you're an architecture fan like me!)
We also booked a trip to Gorkha through ACE where we had the opportunity to visit local schools and stay with a local family, this really was one of the highlights of my trip, the family were so friendly as were our guide and driver who really made this trip worthwhile and comfortable for us. We spent our last week trekking Poon hill, having never trekked previously, we were supported greatly by our guides Santosh, Yam and Dipesh, these guys are truly amazing at what they do. It really was a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend Ace the Himalaya, I’ll definitely be back to climb Everest with Ace!

Visited November 2014
ace_himalaya, Public Relations Manager at Ace the Himalaya - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, yesterday
Namaste,

Thank you very much for sparing your precious time to share your experience with us. We are very happy to know that you had amazing time throughout the trip. Thank you very much for travelling with ACE and recommending our services to everyone.We would love to plan your Everest trek anytime sooner in near future. Please feel free to contact. Thank you!
San Francisco, California
“Memories for a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014 NEW

We had an amazing experience in Nepal. Prem did a fantastic job helping us define our itinerary and communicating with us in the days leading up to our trip. In Nepal, his team did a great job coordinating all of the logistics and making us feel comfortable in such an exotic location. I truly feel like we experienced the trip of a lifetime.

Visited November 2014
ace_himalaya, Public Relations Manager at Ace the Himalaya - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Namaste,
Thank you very much for your appreciation towards our services.We are very satisfied to know that you had a great experience of a lifetime.Thank you for travelling with ACE.
Nelson Bay, Australia
“Ace to base camp, Great trip great bunch of people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014 NEW

Recently trekked to Base Camp with Ace Himalaya. tough trek particularly the altitude. this aside, we had a great trip. the group we traveled with were tops and our Guide Arjun is a champion. Hint, make sure you are fit. The terrain is not that difficult, We walked the Kokoda Track earlier this year and the terrain was much tougher in PNG. Its the altitude that knocks you around as you head to Base camp. So do some training, ascend slowly and you will be OK.
I would recommend ACE to anyone looking for a quality, good value trekking experience.

Namaste,

Thank you for sharing all your experience of the trek. We are sure your reviews would be of great help t many trekkers. We appreciate you choosing ACE and recommending our services to everyone.Thank you!
Manila, Philippines
“Kathmandu and The Himalaya-Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014 NEW

Jay Nelson - My second trek with ACE....the first was excellent, the second was outstanding. Excited to do a third. The only thing that can compare to the scenery and the landscape is the service provided by Ace. From start to finish the personal interaction and individual care is as good as you can get. Our guide Raj was well prepared, professional, attentive, extraordinarily friendly and more than willing to make this a memorable experience. The client guide relationship quickly became one of friendship. My climbing guide Pemba provided me with one of the most extraordinary experiences I have ever had while at the same time keeping me safe. I congratulate the entire ACE team for making this an incredible experience for me and look forward to the next one.

Visited November 2014
ace_himalaya, Public Relations Manager at Ace the Himalaya - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Namaste,
Thank you very much for travelling wit ACE again. The re-visiting of our clients really gives us motivation to work more efficiently and we assure you to make it successful every time you travel wit us. We appreciate your every words. Hoping to see you again very soon.