“A fantastic experience I highly recommend....” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 367 Activities in Kathmandu
More attraction details
Owner description: Karnali Excursions, Nepal is a trek and tour company headquartered in Kathmandu, Nepal. We offer our clients, group and customized individual treks and tours of the Himalayan Region and India. Our specialty is the Himalayas; these astonishing mountains nourish a unique diversity of life and culture that for centuries has called out to the hearts and minds of people all over the world. Karnali Excursions opens up the magic and mystery of these great mountains, their sacred places, remote villages, legendary cities and ancient palaces.Thank you
Montclair
“A fantastic experience I highly recommend....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

In April 2011 I trekked with Ramesh from Karnali Excursions to the Annapurna Base Camp. He and his staff were very helpful. The easy to moderate trek was more strenuous than I thought it might be. But they took excellent care of all my needs. Ramesh is extremely knowledgeable and I learned a lot.
Ramesh thank you for your hospitality.

Visited April 2011

London, United Kingdom
“Professional, Committed, Knowledgeable and A Totally amazing Tour Group.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Upon deciding to undertake our dream holiday, an eighteen day religious trip to Mount Kailash & Mansarover the search began for the BEST group to go with. After talking to numerous people who had been on the same trip, the name we heard again and again was Karnali Excursions. We were told that this caring and knowledgeable group would do everything within their powers to ensure that our dream would come true.
We left in May 2011 for Kathmandu where we were met by the beautiful smiley faces of the Karnali group members. From then on the ease with which everything was sorted out in preparation for the trip was unbelievable, from Chinese Visas to Currency exchange. During the introductions to the other group members we were introduced to 4 - 5 members who had traveled with Karnali previously on other similar excursions and had returned to them as they had full faith in them and their services. This reaffirmed our choice of tour operator.
The Journey from Kathmandu to Kailashji and back was marked with continuing excellent service from the cheerful Karnali crew with daily checks of oxygen levels to providing, when needed, food in your rooms. The whole trip was so pleasant we felt like family and not clients, truly the service given is as if they were taking family members and not customers.
Hiraji, Vaishaliji, Bishnubhayia, Rameshbhai, Karma Sherpa, Tankaji and the rest of the group truly made this a memorable trip. During additional trips to Everest base camp and Janakpur both Hiraji and Tankaji added their special caring touches to make both trips the talking point of the holiday.
When my husband and I next decide on a pilgrimage/trek we would only go with Karnali Excursions/Tours. The one thing that made up our mind to do future trips with Karnali, apart from an amazing holiday, was a statement made by Hiraji just before we left for home"....we want a relationship with our clients not for one trip but for life." This just shows their commitment to providing an excellent service.

Visited May 2011
Singapore
“Reliable, trustworthy, caring and knowledgeable tour company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

An acquaintance that had returned from a successful trek in Nepal and Tibet, strongly recommended that I use the services of Ms. Vaishali Patel's Karnali Excursions/Tours should I decide to undertake a pilgrimage to Kailash Mansarowar. Accordingly, in late 2010, I contacted Ms. Patel who, in her inimitable way, effortlessly took over the arrangements of my May/June 2011 Kailash trip from start to finish. A trip to Kailash Mansarowar is not an easy one given the vast, diverse , remote and somewhat difficult terrain that one has to traverse and the almost primitive conditions that has to be dealt with in terms of available accommodation and infrastructure. Hence the choice of tour organization is critical for the success of such a pilgrimage/trek. My trip started on 24th May, 2011 and successfully ended on 8th June. In Nepal, Mr Hira Dhamal who heads Karnali Excursions (Nepal) and his highly efficient, ebullient and cheerful team mates smoothly oversaw all arrangements starting from meeting the 65 strong diverse group at the airport in Kathmandu right until seeing each one off two weeks hence. Every meal was freshly cooked and served hot, each members health was closely monitored on a daily basis, every possible precaution was taken to ensure proper acclimatization especially to the frail and elderly in the group. But most uniquely every member of the group was tirelessly given close personalized attention by both Vaishali and Hiraji who accompanied the group throughout.Every effort was made to keep the mood of the trip upbeat and every detail carefully monitored to optimize care and comfort despite the prevailing harshness of the weather and the somewhat dauntingly rapid altitude gain. The positive, energetic and unflaggingly cheerful behaviour of each staff member was indeed admirable. We encountered inclement and almost late-winter weather conditions when we reached Mansarowar Lake and eventually only 5 people from the group of 65 undertook the 'parikrama' of Mount Kailash on account of the severe conditions that prevailed at the time. I feel I was able to do the parikrama largely on account of the support provided by Hiraji and his small group of staff (the local porters refused to undertake the trek to Dolmala on account of the weather!) that accompanied us during the final trek through Dolmala La Pass (5650metres) and for this I am personally very grateful. I strongly recommend the services of Karnali Excursions and will certainly use them again for my next visit to Tibet and Nepal. I applaud you Vaishaliji, Hiraji, Vishnuji and every staff member and thank you for your care and attention - you folks truly went that extra mile! I will be back again! Ohm Namah Shivaya.

Visited May 2011
Boonton, New Jersey
“Karnali and Hira are true professionals !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

In May 2010 , I trekked to the Everest Base Camp with Karnali Excursions in Kathmandu, Nepal. Hira Dhamala is a native son of the Himalayan Mountains and he and his staff are true professionals. From the time I landed at Kathmandu airport till I was dropped back for my return to USA, every step in this 21 day trek was well organized and executed. I was the oldest and the slowest member of our small group , but both Hira and his able assistant Vishnu adjusted to my pace and provided me with all the encouragement I needed to complete the trek . Karnali's Sherpas are perhaps the best in the business. Overall, a very professional and competent organization .

Visited August 2010
Americus, Georgia
“Fantastic attitudea, learned a lot, laughed a lot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

A few friends of mine and I went to a small community in Nepal for business and stayed over to do an "easy" trek in the foothills of the Annapurna mountains. While I don't think it was as easy as I imagined it would be, the guides were fantastic and kept us informed on the different things we were seeing. Also, they kept us safe from falling, gave us desperately needed advice, and stayed with you to help. They always had a smile on their face and knew the lay of the land well. I highly recommend Karnali Excursions for their attitudes, their know-how and just overall experience. Thanks guys!

Visited October 2010