“Feels like home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #127 of 387 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
“Feels like home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have been many times in Kathmandu and i always stay in this place. The hotel is run by a family and they are very friendly and helping you to have a nice stay.
The rooms are clean, with good shower. So for me it feels like home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was recommended this place by friends who stay here when in Kathmandu, and I couldn't have been happier. The owner and staff are so lovely. I was really sad to leave the place actually!

The rooms are really good value (especially in comparison to what else I looked at in Thamel). Cheap, clean and hot water. I had balcony rooms both times I stayed there which were super.

I don't usually go around hugging all the staff in hotels when I leave but I did this time (unfortunate for the people working at Pokhara Peace getting bear hugs from me maybe - I hope I haven't left anyone emotionally scarred).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Regensburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I spent 5 days in the Pokhara Peace Hotel. As friends of mine, who recommended this place to me, told me it would be basic, i was pleasantly surprised. Clean rooms with bathroom for a reasonable price. Raju and his sons are more than helpfull and i enjoyed my stay there a lot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Kathmandu, Nepal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed here on my first two nights in Kathmandu, when all I wanted to do was curl up and recover from the sleep deprivation of travelling. The hotel owner, Raju, was friendly and helpful enough. I took room 104 which was all that was available)

Unfortunately the south side of the hotel where I was staying was right next to a night club with pounding music that filled my room to an astounding level of decibels. This ended at midnight but it was just too much for my travel weary mind and body, but if you are a hard of hearing night owl it wouldn't be such a problem.

The following day Raju the hotel owner was apologetic and assured me it was a one off. Err nope. I'm here on night 2 (Monday), the music is again pumping and sleep is just a dream.

Also just outside the window of room 104 is the main hotel illumiinated sign, and with tissue paper curtains at the window it brightly illuminates the room. I went down in the night and woke the night porter up who turned it off for me.

The TV didn't work, not that it was an issue for me.

The bed was clean and firmly comfortable, the free wifi reached my room and the shower was hot enough. Location is very convenient for Thamel.

Room Tip: Avoid the left (south) side of the building as you look at it from outside, it is next to a night cl...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

The reason I am writing this review is the fact that the owner and staff of the hotel stood out above the rest. Honest and safe atmosphere that left me with a big smile.

The hotel is located in an alley just far enough from the main streets of Thamel to hold a peaceful and quiet vibe. Rooms are very simple, but clean. Hot water worked all through my stay (which can't be said of the two other, more expensive hotels I stayed at in Thamel).

Wifi was free and some rooms have a balcony.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Just off the Main Road of Thamel, Its cozy and calm place. Friendly staffs and Roof top views.Reasonable prices.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Pokhara Peace? Share your experiences!