“Great value for money and very clean” 5 of 5 stars

Yeti Guest Home
P.O.Box13583, Kathmandu, Nepal   |
Ranked #45 of 372 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Great value for money and very clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

During our stay in Nepal we very much enjoyed our stay at the Yeti Guest House. We had a room at the upper floor with a private bathroom with shower. The hotel was very clean, it got cleaned several times a day (yes, a day).

The Guest House offers great service, we booked a room via e-mail a couple of months in advance. We got a response within a couple of days. From there we arranged our trips (Trekking, Chitwan National Park) with the help of Ram, the owner of the Yeti Guest Home.

Located in the center of Thamel there's always a taxi nearby. If you want to go to another town the people at the YGH will help you to arrange transportation which is great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sandwich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The Yeti Guest Home is conveniently located in Thamel and the warm welcome you receive is very nice after many hours
traveling. I traveled alone but felt very safe and comfortable. The family at the guest home could not be more
helpful or kind. Arrangements can be made from the guest home to travel by air or bus or private car. I would
recomment the Yeti Guest Home tl any who travel to Kathmandu.

Room Tip: The accomodations are simple but adequate and clean. Hot water is availalbe but dependent on the a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

This was the third place I stayed in Thamel and the only one I wanted to stay at!

The rooms are clean and have everything you need, although not large. I liked the fact the staff were so open in showing me the rooms before I decided whether to stay and offered me a choice of the available rooms. I stayed in an ensuite room towards the back, which was quite quiet and later a downstairs room without en suite, this was near the front and hence noisier, but they moved me when a room became free. The beds were comfy. You have to buzz to have a shower and wait about 15mins. The solar lightswitch is on the outside of at least some of the rooms. If coming back after about 11pm at night the door is locked and you must knock, this is the same for many of the smaller guest houses, but does feel slightly uncomfortable as people are sleeping in the reception. There are a decent selection of books to borrow and the overall location is brilliant and surprisingly quiet given its in the heart of Thamel.

I did a great trip to Chitwan, organised by the Yeti Guest Home. I cannot say anything about their help trekking as I organised that myself.

I felt the staff cared about the guests and that they tried hard to answer questions and help. There was ALWAYS someone available to help at reception and they helped with a smile too!

There is no computer to use and no food available at the guest house, but there are a lot of restaurants and internet cafes available meaning I didn't find that much of a nuisance.

Check out cookiewalla in the same street.

Overall, of the three places I stayed I would recommend this the most, really enjoyed it! I felt the staff genuinely cared about the guests.

• Stayed April 2012
Pokhara, Nepal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Everytime me and family are at Yeti guest home feels like we are at home.The staffs(nanu,aunty,uncle and bro) are lovely and very helpful.Rooms are cosy and the location is in the central of thamel so just a few steps ahead you will find the buzzin of the thamel which is always alive from traditional handicrafts to beautiful restaurant and ofcourse nepalese food(dal,bhat).ON A BEAUTIFUL DAY YOU CAN ENJOY THE HIMALAYAN RANGE FROM THE TERRACE OF THE HOME. what else can you ask for.....looking forward to be in home this year.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011 via mobile

This is my 3rd stay at the Yeti Huest Home. Without exception, our room is spotless and the staff are kind and helpful. The owner is very knowledgeable about Kathmandu and trekking throughout the country. The guest home itself is ideally located near central Thamel.

Great place. Multiple excellent experiences. It is a budget stay but it delivers. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2011
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

This was the cleanest budget guest house I've ever stayed at. The owner was extremely helpful and arranged for someone to accompany me to a local hospital. It's located across from a jazz/blues club, so there can be nighttime noise. That's what earplugs are for. I will return to this guest house for sure!

Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Been to Yeti Guest Home? Share your experiences!