“Why you can trust the staff at Khangsar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Khangsar Guest House

You added Khangsar Guest House to your Saves list
Khangsar Guest House
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   PO Box 20976, Thamel | Chhetrapati, Kathmandu 25451, Nepal   |
Ranked #19 of 373 Kathmandu B&B and Inns
Washington, DC
“Why you can trust the staff at Khangsar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I booked Khangsar Guest House with Hostelworld.com. I am an experienced traveler and I have to say there is only one thing that is important to me wherever I go: trust. Can I have faith in the staff and management? I comfortably placed a high amount of trust with the staff at Khangsar. Their attitude and generosity was simply overwhelming. A beautiful reflection of the local culture. Plus, competitive pricing. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
guesthousekathmandu, Public Relations Manager at Khangsar Guest House, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
Hello Drew! Thank you so much for your few lines about us in tripadvisor. Appericiate very much and hoping to see you next time in my country!
Manager !
Rajendra Bhatta!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Merzouga, Morocco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I stayed in Khagsar for almost 2 weeks, so I really got to know the staff and the location. Yes, the rooms could use a little update, but for a budget hotel, this is usually the case. The location is prime, quietest street in Thamel area. Two great & super affordable restaurants really close. I used the office phone for local calls a bunch, free wifi in my room, & the rooftop has great views. My room was apparently the loudest in the hotel, but it didn't bother me, I had a great vantage point for watching street life. I booked bus tickets, rafting, taxi's, anything right in the hotel, Raj was very helpful, he even helped me sell my bicycle. If your looking for simple and cheap, this place is a great choice.

Room Tip: Free wifi is in the front of the hotel, ask for a view, its not that loud in the front.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
tantra2011, General Manager at Khangsar Guest House, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Thank-you for taking the time to review. We will soon be updating our guest rooms and provide more good services in coming days. we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you soon again!
Kind Regards,
Raj
Bratislava, Slovakia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

very friendly and helpful staff, who also offered us additional services in a very reasonable price (i.e. exchange of money and tickets to lukla), also positive is very good location of the house, free airport pick up and luggage room. But rooms looked very old and dirty, with a number of black beetles.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
tantra2011, Front Office Manager at Khangsar Guest House, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback, Its a great suggestion for me to improve my place and sorry if you have seen blackbeatels, we have alreday sort out this problem,
Khangsar Guest House
Front Office Manager!
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I took a room in this guest house as it was advised by some well known guides, but it was a terrible experience. The room was so dirty that I even saw bugs under my bed!
Service and food was OK, but for the same price in Thamel, even in the same street, there are much cleaner places.
I just stayed one night, did not want to stay any other.
Enrique

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor are best, but always check 1st!
  • Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011 via mobile

Glad I chose khangsar after looking at the others in the guide book. Location is really good. Quiet street but only a couple blocks to the heart of Thamel.
Everyone from the top down is fantastically helpful and friendly.

Terrific for the value conscience person.

After a long journey there it was such a relief to have them there to meet you at the airport.

I write this review on the 4th floor balcony with the free wifi.

• Stayed June 2010
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I’ve been in Nepal with my friends for 2 weeks on December 2010. I went there for trekking and culture travel. At first we had an idea to go there like a real backpacker such as walk-in for hotel, make a permit, call a taxi, buy domestic plane ticket. we started to find all details and approximate budget. We knew Khangsar from webbord and guide book in Thailand, so we contacted them and told them our plans what we want to do, place we want to visit. They offered us a package include everything. It’s good price and not over our budget, so we agreed to use their service. We felt very happy that decided to used their service. It’s very comfortable, save money and safe to travel there.
Khangsar’s located near Thamel. It’s perfect location because of this area is peace, quite, only 15 minutes walk to Kathmandu Dubar Squre, and not terrible traffic like center of Thamel. Room was cleaned very well. They sent staff to picked us up at the airport with nice car and be a private car for our group to travel everywhere. Their staffs are friendly. They’ve professional potters that took care us very well when we’ve been trekking.

We would like to say thank you them that managed everything very well. We’ve had nice experience and good memorial to travel there.

P.S. they gave us special exchange rate.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

We really recomend Khangsar Guest Houese, people there is so friendly and they make the most of our trip. Dont miss the Annapurna Trekking and the rafting.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Khangsar Guest House? Share your experiences!