“Worth the Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Abilene
“Worth the Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I grew up in Abilene and now live about an hour away. I go to The Dish every chance I get! Because they are only open Mon-Fri for lunch, it's hard to make it often. However, when I travel through Abilene for work, I stop. I have also taken a day off just so I can get my Dish fix! It is a very relaxed, quaint and welcoming environment. The menu changes from week to week and there is a creative, gourmet spin on everything. Even a grilled cheese or BLT sandwich can be fancy! For the amount of food you get, the price is very good, too. My young nephews ages 4-7-10 love going there as well! It is one of the best restaurants that I've been to!

• Visited July 2014

Manhattan, Kansas
“Always a great lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The menu is always serving fresh and local ingreadients. I had never tried anything I didn't enjoy. The chef serves meatless options, hot and cold sandwiches, soups and salads. And always come out with generous helpings! Love it and would recommended to anyone!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manhattan, Kansas
“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The service is so nice and the food is spectacular! What more could you ask for? All around a nice little restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This small downtown restaurant is the best and most innovative in Abilene. During a recent 4 day stay, we ate there 3 days. Would have dined there all 4 days, but sadly, they are not open on the weekends. This is a lunch-only establishment, run by a couple of sisters... one serves and the other is in the kitchen. Food is very flavorful and creative, and is a great value. Wonderful soups and salads, and generous sized sandwiches.

Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dumas, Texas
“Exceptional restaurant in small town KS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was very impressed with the delicious fish tacos and chicken soup at this downtown restaurant in Abilene. The tilapia tacos were exceptional, the best I have ever had! What a treat to find this in small town Kansas. Pull off of the I-70 and take time to enjoy the culinary delights these ladies put together.