“Great for special occassions” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Abilene
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Salina, Kansas, USA
“Great for special occassions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This place was in Brookville, Kansas originally. However, due to some issues with the sewer in the small town they have moved to Abilene. Unfortunately, when they moved it lost some of the magic and some of the great taste. The chicken is good but it is nothing to write home about. They are known for their coleslaw and corn. I think it is over priced and a little snooty. We went with my 12 year old and 6 year old son. My children are very well behaved in a restaurant however, we were placed in what we were told was the "family room". The children in this room were awful! We were there with my elderly aunt and uncle who couldn't even hear the conversation over the other children. At one point my son leaned over and said "Mommy those kids are being naughty."

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Breckenridge, Colorado
“I have never been disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have been going to the BH for 30+ years and still go ever chance I get. I have never lived within 250 miles of it so that is the only limitation. If you like chicken you can't help but get your fill. I enjoy the sides as well. It is a good place to stop with kids. The price is right. I can't believe a reviewer thought it was pricey, you can't hardly eat dinner at McDs for what they charge. A reservation may well be the difference between your getting in or not.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CA
“I've had better chicken...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

and we haven't eaten in because it's pricey and they won't let you share. Looks cool and the food is ample but not fantastic in my opinion.

Visited February 2013
Junction City, Kansas
“Genuine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Nice genuine place. I have used this place for business executive dinners and customers etc. Something really "Kansan"!

Visited February 2012
Junction City, Kansas, United States
“love the food. Been going to the Brookville Hotel for 50 years. The move has made it easier to get to and the food is”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The food is still great. A group got us box lunches at the Brookville Hotel and met us with them at the Zoo like park on I-70- a perfect combination.

Visited June 2012