Hosted a very large event at this hotel in July-August time frame. Over 300 guests were travelling through and this was our main hotel. Everything was fantastic, from the conference and room management to the flexibility and kindness of the staff. The facilities were very nice, always clean and kept up and the food was fantastic. I was lucky enough to work with the some of the staff, Barbara, Kareem, Quintin and Michael and I have to say that I was actually sad to leave they were really so accomodating!
The facilities, to include the gym and pool were all very nice and the quality of the equipment was definitely top notch. Numerous guests utilized those facilities and always had good things to say. The bar was accomodating for our rowdier participants and the lobby was always clean, welcoming and available for many of our participants to meet up and get event information. After 6 years of hosting this event many of the return participants said that the reception dinner, hosted out by the pool, complete with local dancers provided by the hotel, was the best they had attended.
The staff was very friendly and professional, always walking around checking on guests and any problems (we only had a few very small problems) were resolved quickly and with smiles. Barbara, Kareem and Quintin were a very good team to work with, no matter the situation, and had no problem jumping in to help resolve issues our staff had not dealt with before, including cultural questions. We experienced some issues with the Nairobi airport burning down but the hotel was quick to help accomodate those of our guests that were affected.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel, for relaxation and for business. If I had any complaints it is that it is not near any stores or restaurants but that is really no problem as a taxi ride is quick and relatively inexpensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Lusaka is the preferred destination for businesspeople as well as those who want a leisurely escape. Embassies and government buildings are just across the street and the main shopping and commercial districts are within a 10-minute drive. Of interest are the Lusaka Museum, Kabwata Cultural Village and Mundawanga Botanical Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your InterContinental Lusaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotels Lusaka Hotel Lusaka
- Inter Continental Hotel Lusaka
- Lusaka Inter-Continental
- Inter-Continental Lusaka