“stopped in for a sangria” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 79 Restaurants in Lusaka
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Eclectic, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Plates Restaurant serves fine American cuisine in Lusaka, Zambia. It is also Lusaka's best wine bar, with over 50 types of wine served by the bottle, and 16 served by the glass! Our menu's change monthly, and we host a wine tasting each month. Plates can also cater your next special occasion, either at the restaurant or at your location. Check out our website for more details and upcoming events!
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
“stopped in for a sangria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

the owners, PJ & Rachel, are so warm and friendly and welcome all their guests personally. Can't wait to return for wine tasting later this week

Visited September 2012

San Diego, California
“A little slice of America in Lusaka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Lets start with the food: It is AWESOME! I am constantly impressed with the food here, especially because they change the menu every month. The desserts are killer, really the only place you can get proper desserts and not just dry cake or ice cream. My favorite dish right now is a tie between the duck quesadillas and the almond crusted bream...mmmmm!

The service is good, I don't have to waive my arms in the air to get service. The servers are attentive which is hard to beat in Lusaka. The wines are amazing, I never thought I would see so much choice in wines here, but they have a great selection.

I've notice some comments about the prices, but I find them fair, especially as their prices include VAT and service charge. Plates is overall my favorite place to eat in Lusaka, no question about it!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Steak and Fries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went there for dinner after a recommendation from a wookmate. I took my Egyptian Friend and he really liked the steak and fries.

The food was served on time.

The Location is excellent and private.

The Food was a bit pricy but good

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A bit price and not much choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had a bacon an blue cheese burger for mains, which was to me normal pub food and seemed overpriced. For starters I had calamary rings which were again quite pricey and I got about 5 small rings on the plate with lots of salad decoration. House wine was nice and reasonably priced, but the food is too expensive for what you get. Nice atmosphere though.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lusaka, Zambia
“Very nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were 3 for dinner. We had a very nice dinner with great meat. The food was delicious. The place was not too busy though. It is a bit pricey. Service was friendly and pleasant.
One sour grape is that a few things on the menu were not availabe including an item on todays special??? we were some of the first I'm sure. that could be improved.

• Visited August 2012