“Worst ever” 1 of 5 stars

4529/2 United Nations Avenue | Longacres, Lusaka, Zambia
Improve this listing
Ranked #57 of 82 Restaurants in Lusaka
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian
Description: I would like to add a review of this restaurant. It was fantastic. Please let me know how I can add and review it. Thanks.
Lusaka
“Worst ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Lack of waiters
Lack of service
Food comes a hour and half late
Food quality bad as we order chicken and was spoiled and was told to pay for the wroten meat that we did not eat.
Inside to dark no atmosphere.
Food quality is bad!

Visited June 2012

Frankfurt, Germany
“Awesome Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

SUMMARY
The Oriental Garden restaurant is fabulous for authentic Indian food, atmosphere is average though. Still highly recommended!

FOOD 10/10
I have had some of the best chicken tikka of my whole life here, and that's quite a compliment considering I have traveled extensively throughout India and enjoy Indian food regularly.
Everything we ordered was delicious, definitely deserves the full score for food quality! Prices were totally agreeable, too.

ATMOSPHERE 7/10
There is little ethnic decoration and the overall atmosphere was very average, but this might in part be owed to the fact that we went very early, just after they opened that evening. Also, this is Africa and in comparison with the 1980' s canteen atmosphere in your average Zambian food joint, the Oriental Garden restaurant still fares well. Food presentation was fine, too - they were using little stoves and also some sort of charcoal heater for the chicken I thought was cool.

SERVICE 8/10
Service was quite professional and very friendly, however pretty slow - but this may also be linked to our early arrival.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Buffet Lunch wonderful !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Varied menu, buffet great, service fantastic and so friendly.

Visited February 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Good Indian and Chinese (a few items) food for medium budgets”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Good location on United Nations Avenue, almost all western embassies are on and around the Restaurant.

Visited November 2011