“Best roast chicken in Uganda!” 5 of 5 stars

2497 Lubbobbo Close | off Tank Hill Road, Kampala 3785, Uganda   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 106 Kampala B&B and Inns
“Best roast chicken in Uganda!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Booked one night in Kampala at Banda Inns but immediately booked more once we arrived. A little bit out from the main part of Kampala but this is an advantage! The vibe was like staying in someone's family home with overfamiliar dog included. Steven and Asteria were extremely helpful and provided advice about getting around Kampala. Best roast chicken in Uganda!
Great gardens for relaxing- you feel a world away from kampala's craziness with fast wifi available. I would definitely stay there again and recommend Banda Inns to anyone.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hayden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. Best points: friendly owners and staff, reliable and trustworthy travel assistance/advice, very clean rooms, prompt service, nice breakfast, welcoming atmosphere, wifi is good and is always on.

We appreciated the taxi service they provide but be advised, it is a bit on the expensive side. It is convenient though if you need to go out and don't want to navigate the local transport. We would definitely recommend this place and stop here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We decided to spend our nights here after having seen many very good reviews on tripadvisor. Overall, we can confirm what others report : nice room, green garden, friendly people, free laundry service and taxy service (but relatively expensive). So far so good, however in the last morning we had to leave early for a safari and our driver came to pick us up. We were doing our buffet breakfast and we asked to the reception to serve a coffee and some fruit to our driver and his son on our cost. Before of leaving we were asked to pay 10 euro (huge price in Uganda for some fruit and 2 instant nescafe). We were astonished by this request and unfortunately the owners were sleeping so we could not talk to them. we felt robbed in this request, too bad to end our positive experience in this way.

• Stayed July 2013
Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was only in Kampala for a couple of days and had a perfect.y pleasant stay in the Banda Inns. The staff is very kind and the service very good and prompt. Breakfast very nice and the kitchen makes a wonderful salad for lunch /dinner. I would recommend Banda Inns to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed in Banda Inns for close to three weeks, and I absolutely enjoyed my stay. You just can't go wrong with that price. The location is safe and well-connected to the rest of the city, and not too far from anything (unless you are stuck in traffic going out of town on a Friday night, then you are truly stuck). I would usually book a cab directly from Banda itself. These cabs were occasionally late, maybe a trifle more expensive than specials hired from outside, but on the whole comfortable.

The accommodation itself is wonderful. Very clean rooms (they are cleaned everyday), and the beds are comfortable. The sitting area next to the garden is wonderful. There was some construction going on while I was there, but I imagine it would be extremely peaceful when that completes. The breakfast is hearty. I looked forward to the breakfast every morning! Added plus, they do your laundry for free!

All in all, I highly recommend Banda Inns.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Staying at Banda Inns for three weeks was a truly wonderful experience. Steven and his wife Asteria, the innkeepers, were welcoming and helpful at all times. The service was great (I LOVED breakfast), the place was always clean, and the location was ideal. This particular suburb is safe, friendly, and close to all. The accommodations are quite modest, but for the price you really can't go wrong. Looking forward to returning next year!

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Having worked for months and traveled widely in Uganda, I have no reservations stating unequivocally that Banda Inns is easily the most comfortable, best-value accommodation I know of in the entire country. And Steven and his family, your hosts, are the ideal innkeepers in every way. Steven heroically organized a last-minute room (and airport pickup) for me via email from half a world away which went smooth as silk. He met me at the airport arrivals hall right on time and drove me safely in his very comfortable shuttle van to Kampala without delay. There I had the very pleasant surprise of finding the B&B to be located in a leafy, quiet neighborhood in central Kampala, my room highly comfortable, well-appointed, and exceptionally clean. The remainder of the B&B, including the sitting room and bathroom, were equally comfortable and clean. The internet (wi-fi) connection worked flawlessly. Steven made a similarly life-saving, last-minute booking for me (and my best friend) several weeks later the night prior to our departure from Entebbe, again providing us excellent facilities in every way. During both stays we were served a delicious continental breakfast of fresh fruit, juice, and bread products (which, being a physician, I should mention was prepared and served meticulously with great attention to hygiene). I should also add that the environment of safety and professionalism Steven has established at Banda Inns more generally ensured that valuables (including cash, passports, laptops, etc.) could easily be left unattended in our bedrooms without any fear of theft; having lived in developing countries for over 5 years, I should point out that this is completely exceptional and cannot be said of even 5-star hotels. He also offers the use of a locked safe for storage of such items at no extra charge. I really cannot recommend Steven and his B&B, enough. Banda Inns is a true oasis.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Banda Inns? Share your experiences!