“Loved The Diplomate Kampala” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Diplomate

Hotel Diplomate
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kampala
Hotel Diplomate
You added Hotel Diplomate to your Saves list
Muyenga Tank Hill, Diplomate Road, Plot 971 | P O Box 6968, Kampala, Uganda   |
Ranked #59 of 64 Hotels in Kampala
Reading
“Loved The Diplomate Kampala”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2006

I had the best holiday in Ugganda and by staying at the Diplomate Kampala I was able to sample Ugandas best hospitality in total. The staff at the Diplomate is exceptionally polite and helpfull. I recomend every visitor to Kampala should never miss the best view of the whole city.
Brown Steve
Oxfordshire UK

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2006

I have traveled with a group for the past several years and for some unknown reason the person in charge keeps coming back to this dump. First of all you can't sleep in a view. These rooms are hazardous to ones health I happen to have asthma it rarley flares up as soon as I walked into this room I had to get an inhaler. The stinch in the room called the penthouse was so bad I had to move from that room only to move to one equally as bad, just without the stinch. These rooms should be remodeled. The carpet is so old that it can be torn with your hands.The help was very kind and friendly but what thas that to do with your health? I can say from fact that this place has gotten worse every year not one penny could possibly have been put back into this business. I think they need to step up to the plate and not participate in making a bad name for such a beautiful nation. I am now in charge of making the arrangements for the new groups and we will not even go near that place. The food was good and the ambience in the common areas was very nice, but for sleeping no thanks.

Stayed August 2005
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2006

It's probably worth staying here for the views of Kampala and Lake Victoria alone! The hotel is located at the top of Tank Hill, one of seven hills the city is built on. It's a nice area with embassies and NGO offices nearby. I think the room prices are reasonable for Kampala, they start at $35 for standard. We had a 'superior' at $45. I believe the honeymoon suite is $75. In our cottage (as they called it) we had a smallish bedroom with attached bathroom and a small sitting area (with a couple of easy chairs and a TV). Our room did not have a window view of the city, but some of the rooms do.

Not such good things: - TV had bad reception and really only one channel was worth watching, even though they have satellite.
- The bedroom and sitting area was covered with a grotty carpet which also bizarrely covered the toilet cistern!
- Very small double bed
- Music played nearby in their outdoor eating area was quite loud throughout the day

Car parking at the hotel is safe but be careful where you park in Kampala. We went out for dinner and parked in the street (Gaba Road) and someone pinched our side lights!

• Stayed March 2006

Been to Hotel Diplomate? Share your experiences!