“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 41 activities in Kampala
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: "Welcome to Kampala, Uganda! Are you ready to experience the city like you never have before? Get ready for an adventure!" Get the A-Z about Kampala and the rest of Uganda in a unique and entertaining way including: the history, the tribes, the languages, the seven hills and answers to all your other questions.
Kampala, Uganda
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I loved Walter's Boda Boda Tour!!! I would recommend this to anyone who is visiting Kampala. It is such a vibrating lively city and to experience this eclectic place on the back of a boda boca is amazing. I had Apollo as my guide/driver. He is such a cool nice guy who genuinely wants you to have a good time. He drives very safely as well. He was actually the main reason why I wanted to take this tour. I did not regret it at all. Go check it out!

Visited February 2014

Nairobi, Kenya
“Most Memorable Part of Kampala”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

If there's one thing one need not miss, it is Walter's Boda Boda. We had the privilege of being taken round by Walter Wandera himself. A kind of eccentric fellow, every moment was memorable.

One does not expect much when visiting the usual chaotic cities of East Africa but it sure was the best time spent in Kampala. Being taken around by Eddy and Walter was awesome. The history of the Baganda, Uganda and Kampala told along observations and comparisons was only cut short by the setting of the sun. The monuments of Kampala and its several hills make such a memorable one day activity.

One will never regret the trip.

Visited December 2013
Kampala, Uganda
“Walters a really kind and gentle soul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I did this boda tour super hung over and probably would have enjoyed it more given some more hydration and sleep. That said, they catered to our every need. Last minute cancellations, stops for water and food, changes in agenda...we were terrible needy tourists and they were more than accommodating. Walter is a genuine, good guy who just wants you to learn about Kampala and show you around with safe boda drivers. Normally I avoid bodas like the plague but these bodas are different, they float through Kampala traffic with the elegant beauty of the chinese gymnastics team. Also you get to see Amin's torture chambers (great setting for a Ugandan horror movie). I've been living in Kampala for over 6 months and didn't even know a quarter of the things I saw. All n all, quality stuff.

Visited January 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent city tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I had a very positive experience with Walter's boda boda tours. He was very good at getting back to me and accommodating me when I expressed some concern about riding a boda boda around for the city tour. Instead, i booked a car, which I was happy with. Eddie was a great guide and driver. I also arranged for Eddie to take me to the airport for my flight out later that night. Again, kudos to the driver. In a country w/ only 9 traffic lights - you want a GOOD driver! hahaha...

i enjoyed the city tour - visiting the Bahai temple, Gaddahfi mosque, Buganda palace, etc. thanks for a great tour!

Visited January 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I pre-booked a tour with Walter and he arrived promptly at 9.30 and after completing the paperwork we were on our way! First stop was at Kololo airstrip, the old airport. Next, was the Bahai temple, what a tremendous building and immaculately kept gardens. I also received a talk on the Bahai faith and had a look around the temple. Next stop was the Mosque, first we went to the top of the tower, a never ending spiral staircase but worth it for the views of Kampala, including the chaos of the taxi park! The inside of the Mosque was impressive and huge! Mengo Palace was next with a sobering visit to Idi Amin's cells and execution chambers. Reading the scrawled messages on the walls was very moving. After further driving through the City we drove through a "slum" before heading back to Butabika.

A very good day and quick way to see the highlights of Kampala.

Visited November 2013